From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Hello hun :), I've seen you post a few pics on IG, was worried about ya. Hope Uni is going well. We miss you on here Bev.

Kay xx

:bighug:

Hey ladies sorry for being MIA - quick update - just got my EIGHT STONE AWARD.

Last weeks WI - +1lb on (pre* week bloat)
This week - -4.5lbs

Feel sooo happy!!! :)

Oh my gosh well done! That is fan-bloody-tastic! Yaaaaayyyy!

Thanks guys!

Feel bad for being MIA over the last few weeks and looking forward to seeing how everyone is getting on, hope you're all doing great!

I'm enjoying uni so far but time management wise things are difficult, especially with working lots too, hence the lack of posts. Made some lovely new friends and finding the course itself pretty interesting now we've got started. I'm really looking forward to starting my first placement in 4 weeks time. Found out this week I'm going to be staying in Sheffield for my first and third year of placement which makes life a whole lot easier. I was so relieved as I could have been a 3 hour drive away from home which would have been a chuffin' nightmare!

Only 2 weeks today until I'm on a plane to Norway, hoping to be a little lighter by then still, it'd be cool to make it to 16 st 7lbs but we'll see how it goes! :) i'm feeling a lot more relaxed about weight loss in general now, not in the sense that I'm eating more rubbish - bar treat night I'm bang on plan - but I just don't feel that intense pressure to come home from group with a big number every week. I know some weeks I'll lose 1/2lb and others I might even gain a pound, but that's okay, I'm in this for the long haul and so long as the general trend is downwards then I'm exactly where I need to be. I know I've got the wedding in 9.5 months, but you know what? For the first time I know that if I'm not at target I'll be okay with that. It's a huge step for someone who could have got married this year but chose to put it back 12 months just so I could feel more comfortable in my own skin. I'm finally getting there, and while I don't feel skinny in the slightest and still have a long way to go before I reach my goal - I'm happy. I'm in love, I have friends and a wonderful family, fun work mates, a career in something I'll love. Life is good, and I might still have a BMI of 34 and so still be 'obese', but for the first time in years I feel 'normal', and that hasn't got a damn thing to do with a number on a scale.

It's funny how in losing all this weight I've come to realise the thing that matters least is the weight itself and more my inner confidence. But without losing 8 stone would I have ever felt this way? Unlikely.

Anyway I'm off to catch up on a few diaries I've been neglecting! Good luck to you all and I'll try and post when I can to let you know how I'm doing, take care xx

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Feel bad for being MIA over the last few weeks and looking forward to seeing how everyone is getting on, hope you're all doing great! I'm enjoying uni so far but time management wise things are difficult, especially with working lots too, hence the lack of posts. Made some lovely new friends and finding the course itself pretty interesting now we've got started. I'm really looking forward to starting my first placement in 4 weeks time. Found out this week I'm going to be staying in Sheffield for my first and third year of placement which makes life a whole lot easier. I was so relieved as I could have been a 3 hour drive away from home which would have been a chuffin' nightmare! Only 2 weeks today until I'm on a plane to Norway, hoping to be a little lighter by then still, it'd be cool to make it to 16 st 7lbs but we'll see how it goes! :) i'm feeling a lot more relaxed about weight loss in general now, not in the sense that I'd eating more rubbish - bar treat night I'm bang on plan - but I just don't feel that intense pressure to come home from group with a big number every week. I know some weeks I'll lose 1/2lb and others I might even gain a pound, but that's okay, I'm in this for the long haul and so long as the general trend is downwards then I'm exactly where I need to be. I know I've got the wedding in 9.5 months, but you know what? For the first time I know that if I'm not at target I'll be okay with that. It's a huge step for someone who could have got married this year but chose to put it back 12 months just so I could feel more comfortable in my own skin. I'm finally getting there, and while I don't feel skinny in the slightest and still have a long way to go before I reach my goal - I'm happy. I'm in love, I have friends and a wonderful family, fun work mates, a career in something I'll love. Life is good, and I might still have a BMI of 34 and so still be 'obese', but for the first time in years I feel 'normal', and that hasn't got a damn thing to do with a number on a scale. It's funny how in losing all this weight I've come to realise the thing that matters least is the weight itself and more my inner confidence. But without losing 8 stone would I have ever felt this way? Unlikely. Anyway I'm off to catch up on a few diaries I've been neglecting! Good luck to you all and I'll try and post when I can to let you know how I'm doing, take care xx

Your a star Bev :)
Got to tell you tho , this brought tears to my eyes I can relate to all you say ,
Hugs and luv xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aww bless ya Von. It's such a strange journey isn't it losing all this weight?! Wouldn't have thought it would have changed me as a person but I guess it has x

Just finished reading your diary Bev. Honestly, I was hooked! I've laughed and cried while reading it. It felt like I was reading this great page-turner of a book and couldn't wait to log on again to catch up.:read: Sometimes it felt as if I was reading my very own thoughts and it's great to see how you've come through both good and bad times. You are truly an inspiration... :clap:

Great to see you back posting Bev. Well done on your recent loss. Life can just be so hectic at times there literally isn't enough minutes in the day. Sounds like everything is going great for you at the moment, so glad your enjoying Uni and have made loads of new friends.

On the weight front you are right even if I didn't lose much more I know that I am more happier in myself for losing what I have so far. It is a strange journey weight loss!

Hope Chris is keeping well too :) xxx

Congratulations Bev! what an achievement! x

What an inspiration you are Bev, and you always have the knack of saying just the right thing:) No matter how much your weight loss changes you, you'll always be a lovely person...have a great weekend gorgeous lady xxx

Congrats on your Supertastic milestone Bev ! :talk017:

8 stones is a phenomenal achievement ! :eek:

Your such a huge inspiration hun and we're all well proud of you ! :D Sent you a pm lovely, hope we can catch up real soon like old times.

Miss ya loads ! :):)

Kay xx

:bighug:

Ahhh Bev! I've just started reading your diary from the very beginning, so I feel like I know you :) currently on page 35... Long way to go but loving it so far. 8 stone down though, bloody incredible. You're currently about 2 stone 10 down where I am at the moment! Can't wait to read all about what happens in the year just gone.

Random question, but how do you get the slimming world badges and half century thing assigned to your profile/signature?

Well done again! :)

Congrats Bev on your amazing loss! You're doing so well juggling uni, work and wedding planning! Plus it's great that you're mentally in a good place and just enjoying the journey rather than putting yourself under pressure. Long may it continue!

On the wedding dress front; if you still want a 50's style dress, then I'd say head to Brighton nearer the date and you can be sure to pick something up from there. Failing that, there were lots of tea dresses in the wedding dress outlet in Bolton when I visited last week in pretty much every size imaginable!

Awww you guysss! Thanks for all the lovely comments, I'll try and get back to you all properly tomorrow! I've got the day off uni and once my coursework is done I might have time for a proper decent update again.

Just popping in tonight to update with another 2lb loss this week. It'll be my last WI for 2 weeks due to Norway fun, but hoping for a decent loss then as I'm hoping to stay relatively on plan for my trip.

Hope you are all well! xxx

Congratulations on the loss! You're doing so well with everything that's going on; if it was me, I'd be snacking away on "naughty" things to get me through all the studying.

Back