From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

Hi Tazzy, :welcome2: to the team. Good luck with your CD restart.

Emma, hope you get word about your op soon. I know the pain l experienced when l was admitted to hospital in 2009 with the same thing was the worst pain l have ever experienced, it was worse than childbirth!
Do you know if you will be able to have keyhole surgery?, that's what l had and recovery was fairly quick. As l was considered high risk l had op 2 weeks after being admitted to hospital via A&E, it scared me that l was high risk, but l was relieved to get it dealt with.

Quizz, well done on your loss. :happy096:
I've lost 5lbs, it's a start. :)

Trisha, that's good you've managed to stick to 1200 cals or so.

Good luck to us all for the week ahead. We CAN do this. If we stick with it, 3 or 4 months from now hopefully we'll be maintaining or at least a lot nearer to achieving our goals.

Last edited:
Well done on the loss Disney :happy096:

I've managed to stick to ss for 2 days :D so hope fully will be in ketosis after today :) yesterday had a really bad headache, lost 2 lbs so far since Saturday morning, just hope I can keep it up.

DD went down to London for 2 weeks on one of her vacation schemes at a London law firm, so I've got rid of all temptations from fridge and cupboards, DH doesn't mind, he's going to have ready meals for the first few days to help me, as I tend to pick at things when cooking.

Hope your first day went well Tazzy

Tazzy welcome!

Emma so glad you will stay in touch!

Disney well done girl! I am right in lock step with you!

Trisha, one more day and you will be in full ketosis. If you are doing sole source you can't have celery :( xxx

Thanks :) Day one went well, half way through day two and I can't wait for ketosis.

I share a flat with a random bloke, Gary, who is morbidly obese and very negative about my diet. He has told me not to mention being hungry, and says he'll call an end to it if I get grumpy!! Gary kindly bought me a crunchie last night... I declined :) Thankfully he's making me even more determined to stick to it.

Thanks for the info quizz, can you have celery on ss+?

Just tested and I'm in ketosis :D just need to stay strong for the next few days, if I can get over the week mark I know I'll be okay,

Tazzy well done on resisting the crunchie, When your flat mate sees the weight dropping off you, he might deceide to join you.

Well done Tazzy on getting through day 1 & declining the crunchie too.

Thank you both :) Nearly at the end of day two, stuck to it totally so I'm feeling very pleased with myself :)

I'm trying to think of ideas for rewards along the way. I've not rewarded myself for hitting milestones before, but it seems a good idea. Maybe for hitting each half stone/stone on the way past? Does anyone have any suggestions please? Must be inexpensive though!

Tazzy, I do things like if l'm needing to get my hair cut l wait until l've reached my next mini goal. I also go on a diet/exercise site called Sparkpeople.com where you can award yourself virtual goodies.
I find it really helpful when l have some future date/event to aim for, eg to be a certain weight by my birthday or a party we are going to or something.

Good morning all, here's to another good day for us all.

I've finally got to day 4 and been 100% just need to keep it going for another 3 days.

Well done trisha. I'm on day 3, still 100% too :) I'm not feeling hungry this morning, so I'm delighted! All the best for today for everyone. What a brilliant bunch of losers we are :D

Morning everyone day 5 for me. I did ss+ yesterday and had a small green salad and tuna, but back to ss today.

i'm going to have a look at that website Disney, see what I can award myself. Also when I've lost 10 lbs will treat myself to a haircut/hi-lights

That's my day 4 done. No cheating, just shakes. I did contemplate eating but the main thing is that I stuck to the diet 100%

My scales pleasantly surprised me this morning, really looking forward to the end of a week so I can update my weight :)

How has everyone else's day gone?

Well done Tazzy, you're doing great. Once you get past day 3 or 4 it gets once ketosis kicks in & the hunger goes, although that wee temptation monster can sneak up at anytime and needs to be chased away.

I had a fleeting temptation moment tonight when l was making dinner, but l resisted and am so glad l did. I've had a really stressful week so far with ongoing bullying my son 7 y o is experiencing at school, but at least l've stayed 100% SS, going off plan & me putting weight on isn't going to help anything.

Trisha & Quizz hope you are both doing ok.

Good luck for tomorrow everyone.

Well done on staying 100% Disney dispite the stresses.

Are the school still not doing anything? Is it just the teacher saying that it's not just your son who is being bullied or the Head Teacher? If it's just the class teacher go to the Head, if its the Head Teacher talk to the other parents who are also affected and all complain together, say it's affecting your sons education and then if the school still don't do anything all write and complain to the school governers. Putting it in writing makes it more official, it just might make them do something, if everyone complains. The school saying it's not just your son who is being bulied and the boy doing the bullying has problems, isn't good enough! The boy having "problems" doesn't make it ok for him to be a bully, and if they don't do something now, by the time he gets to high school he will be a "nightmare", believe me I work with children like this, and Primary Schools "pussyfooting" around them and allowing them to get "away" with things and making "allowances" for their behaviour makes the child think he can do what he likes, and by the time he gets to high school the behaviour is worse,if its "nipped" in the bud it would be so much easier. Its well and good for the school to say he's got "rights" etc what about your son's "rights". I know I said it's harder for schools if the child is "looked after" or has a "statement" because it is, but they still have a "duty of care" to your son as well!

Sorry rant over. (how can you tell I had to deal with a boy like this yesterday!!!! )

Last edited:
Tazzy well done on getting to day 4, day 5 for you today? for me its day 6 :D

Quizz hope all is well.

Stuck to SS 100% yesterday, and its getting easier, just want to get the next few weeks over. Going away on the 17th July and undecided what to do diet wise, because we are just staying with SIL but they don't know I'm doing CD and don't really want to explain to them, hopefully I'll be closer to goal and moving up the plans.

Yes trisha, day 5 today :) Good that you're still 100% and I'm right on your heels. I have that metal taste in my mouth this morning, yipee! Looking forward to feeling cooler because I'm always too hot and Sunday's forecast is for 26 degrees.

Disney... that's terrible about your son. I can't believe school know and aren't acting! I definitely agree with trisha's advice, it needs nipping in the bud before it escalates. The perpetrator will get worse as he get older unless he has intervention now. I hope your son is ok, well done for staying strong for him xx

Quizz... how are you doing?

Tanya

Trisha & Tazzy, thanks for your support.
Both the class teacher & assistant head have told us our son isn't being singled out, but recent incidents and the nature of them (2 different incidents in the school toilets!) do point to that. Yesterday my husband took the day off work to accompany my son's class on an outing. 3 of the children in the class, including the boy with multiple agencies involved & another child who that boy plays with, who has also been hurting my son (no outside agencies involved there, afaik) had one to one supervision. My husband says that worked well until they were at the playpark area near the beach at the end of the day. The boy with multiple agencies involved was fine with my son, so maybe some progress is being made there, but the other boy hit my son twice, the first time my husband noticed and shouted and the boy cried, the second time my husband didn't see it happen.

The head teacher is fully aware of everything happening, but he is taking early retirement at the end of June, incidentally l found out at a school council meeting on Tues night that my son's class teacher is retiring also, don't know if that's early or not.
The parents of 7 children in the year above my son moved their children to a different school recently due to the way the school were dealing with behaviour issues in that year group. The head teacher stated at a school council meeting that he considers there only to be 6 children causing real problems in the school, school roll currently 380. 2 of those 6 are in my son's class and l am told they will be next year, my son doesn't want to move class as in the last few weeks he has made friends with 2 boys (both of whom have been bullied too).
My husband is going to phone the school again this morning to tell them what he witnessed yesterday, as we've been told to report any incidents.

Believe it or not the school is in a good part of town (5 mins walk from our house), being a town centre school there is a wide catchment area & also a large % of children come via placing requests from outwith that area, the 2 children affecting my son both come from within the catchment area.
The school know the situation is at the point of a complaint going to the local education authority. The term finishes on 30th June. We'll see what happens.

sorry this is so long, appreciate your support, l don't want to take over our thread with all this. Hopefully things will improve, in August when new school year starts, hopefully school should have new permanent head teacher by Oct.
Got to go now, app at the doctor's think l've got a chest infection. - edit been to doctor's he said l've got a virus which has developed from sore ears, sore throat l had recently.

Last edited:
Disney, don't worry about talking about it on here, sometimes you just need to be able to talk about it.

I can believe the school is in a good part of town. If a child has a statement or is looked after then they can more or less go to any school they want,(since LEA's are closing special schools) hence our school (also in a good part of town and also a church school and gets excellent exam results) getting more and more children with "problems", these children don't go to feeder primaries, aren't church goers but still get in, but because of the area and feeder primaries the vast majority of the pupils are extremely well behaved and there are probably only 3 or 4 in each year group that cause massive problems,(there are around 190 each year) but if your child is a class with one of them, their learning is affected. We are getting even more next year and 5 of them don't go to feeder primaries and all have behaviour problems, I'm just glad my daughter has now left.

A new Head at your son's school may sort out problems, but if your son is being physically bullied that is really bad. If any of our children get physcial they are suspended, and if it continues excluded.

Okay back to the diet day 6 almost over :D and I'm feeling more positive. Just got back from WI and lost 3 lbs (over 2 weeks) but its really 6 as I put on 3 lbs the week after lst WI.

Hope everyones day is gone okay.

Back