.. From living to eat...to... eating to live... & love.. & laugh....

Feeling a bit more positive today... thankfully...

I think part of the problem is food is my crutch.. no matter whether I'm happy, sad, fed up, bored, stressed... food is my treat, reward, comfort... and I think that I now have to deal with emotions rather than burying them under packets of Fox's cookies.. and learning to do that is almost as tough as the diet... but the only way that my habits will change for life...

Anyway... start of Day 5 and have lost 13lbs already so definitely cannot complain!!! :)

Glad you're feeling more positive! And the scales do reward you for your persistence, especially in the first week. 13lbs in 4 days is fantastic. You should have your first S&S badge by the end of the week. Not many make it to a whole stone in the first week!

All of us here need to assess our eating habits and analyse what makes us eat, why we eat the wrong things, and how to stop it in the future. The break from proper food allows us the space to do that. The first week can be quite emotional for some. Carbs are addictive and you're going through carb withdrawal this first week in the same way that a smoker goes through nicotine withdrawal. There just doesn't seem to be as much sympathy out there for dieters as smokers. The good news tho is that the carb cravings do go away after the first week and your blood sugar stabilises so things get easier. Then it's just your head you have to deal with :)

Hope the weekend is ok. It'll be worth it in the end when you're wearing that bikini ;)

Wow u r doing amazing :) 13lbs in 4 days is brilliant just think what that will be in a month or 2 xx

You're doing really well, and you will feel so much better once the first week is over, 13lbs is a cracking start! There are ups and downs and tough days and easy days, but on the whole this is the best weight loss plan I've ever done, the weight is coming off, I feel like I am making healthier choices and hope it will continue on after I finish s&s and I feel like for the first time I can get to my goal.

Keep it up and keep thinking positive, drinks lots of water and keep your goal in mind xx

Thanks all!!... I've just seen a post that BG put on for newbies around allowable drinks and I think that may be a problem..

I LOVE Pukka teas... and easily have 4 or 5 of the different ones throughout the day... and I'm not quite sure what the contain..
Whilst they are not fruit teas, I think there are flower roots and other such herbs in there that could perhaps be best avoided on this diet..

Although I have seen on Tara's diary that I can have Dr Pepper Zero! Yippee! I LOVE that stuff... I don't normally do 'diet soda' as it's essentially the same chemicals as embalming fluid but hey, that's a whole other conversation... but if it gets me through the next few weeks, I don't care..

Let's face it, none of us are on this for the nutritional benefits! :D

Survived my first weekend!

Well, almost the end of the weekend... and I have survived with no tears... Did manage to offload my treadmill to a friend who is trying to lose the baby weight so reminders of past failures (sorry, less successful attempts - I'll be more positive :D) has now gone...

I officially hit a loss of 1st this morning at the start of Day 6 and the first thing my friend said when she saw me this morning was 'OMG, have you been on a diet?' In the way that friends can do, she then explained it was because I had my 'neck' back lol...

Anyway, hope everyone is doing good!

Tara - thank you for Dr Pepper comment, Godsend.. I only have one a day but feels like a nice treat...

Bloody hell, how have you managed a stone in less than a week! I hate you! ;)

Well done on getting through the weekend - weekdays at our super duper ;) workplace are always easier. See ya tomorrow xx

Oh, and you're allowed a S&S 'badge' when you hit a stone. See the sticky part, or you might want to wait for your official WI on Tuesday cos you could be at 2 stone by then (I'll hate you more if you are!).

Nice thought but I doubt I'm going to be at 2 stone by then... :p

That said, I started in the 19s and now only a couple of Ibs off the 17s which I haven't been in for quite some time... psychologically, that's a huge bonus as when I lost weight before (post break-up starvation and lost 3 stone) that was where I started... so will feel good to be back there... rather then even HEAVIER than I was... make sense?

Yes, I shall see you at the fun factory tomorrow! Yippee!!

I think we've had a couple of 16lb losses in the first week which is the biggest loss I remember. Sounds like you're well on the way to that. Yes, see you tomorrow at the fun fair :)

Sensational losses so far - well done.

Well, I've officially made it to the end of Week 1! Just about to head to bed... and then it'll be WI Number 1 tomorrow morning... a certain someone has recommended that I weigh myself in lbs rather than stones.. more decimals :)

Good luck for 1st weigh in tomorrow,sure you will do fab! End of my first week too so will also be checking out the scales eeeek!!x

Good luck with the WI, your losses seem fab!

Week 1 Weigh in...

I'm officially like a kid on Xmas morning here... lost 15lbs in week 1... and whilst I am pragmatic enough to know that it in all likliehood such a dramatic loss in week 1 can't be sustained and may affect next week's loss... (I'm ensuring I'll be happy with 2-3lb by the time next Tuesday morning comes around..) I am thrilled... (even more so as i weighed myself at the end of Day 1 as had no scales.. so could be more but who knows... I'll let those extra ounces go...)

Have a good day! (can you guess I have family in US?!!)

Does anyone know how to get the ruddy ticker to update... every time I add in a new link from Lilyslim, it just has the same pic..

Dunno about the ticker but Lily may be jealous of your success :). I use the one covered in the Minimins tutorial and it updates fine, although I don't have cause to update it at the mo sadly.

Back