.. From living to eat...to... eating to live... & love.. & laugh....

Well, halfway through week 3 and man, this week has been tough and it looks like I've only lost a lb since Wednesday am! :sigh:

I don't think all the stress at work is helping... but I have worked out that Friday nights appear to be my real weak point.. but managed to get through... I did have an Atkins Advantage instead of a normal bar as a 'treat' but tbh, it was too big and started to feel a bit nauseous halfway through... which is a nice sign but they have such a horrid aftertaste! Anyone else notice that?

On the plus side... lost 1inch off my chest and 2 inches off both my waist and my hips which isn't bad for 2.5weeks!

Which advantage bar did you try? I had the hazelnut crunch which was disgusting but there's one like a snickers/lion which I could eat again & again xo

Sent by Mrs Cupcake to be <3

Thanks for tha. Just having a wee cup of tea now and saving my other water for dinner.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I loved the Advantage bar I tried. I had the choc decadence one and it was lush.

Yes, agree about work being stressful this week but remember, out of difficulty comes opportunity. Chin up.

Oh, and I have decided that when the weight drops off is completely random. Just hold the thought that you cannot be on this diet and not lose weight so just keep on plugging away and the weight will go. Our bodies are not nice and predictable I'm afraid.

Cupcake, I had the chocolate and orange one... it was lovely but as I say, it's more the aftertaste!

I've also got the hazelnut crunch but not tried that one...

You're right, BG... plus I know that wherever I am in my 'cycle' can grossly affect the numbers...

As for work... I am sure you are right... but right now, it's all too murky and I am not in control... NOT my favourite place to be in. ;)

I cheered myself up when I worked out my potential severance pay :).

I know what you mean but I've only been there since 2005... that said, as much as some things frustrate me, I don't really want to leave.. it will all come out in the wash...

Well... what a week!! How I haven't succumbed and just drowned myself in melted Dairy Milk, I don't quite know...

Family crap going on and I am ALWAYS the mediator... restructure with crappy options for me and onset of PMT!

What's worse is I find out today that colleagues doing the same ruddy job but at a different location are at a higher grade and have far better options than I do! (and the fact that without being biased, I could buy and sell most of them... useless twats (BG, keep to yourself) is not helping any!)

Anyway, I am so proud of myself for walking past Thorntons tonight on my way home!!

Well that's crappy re the other location. I can only guess at the people you mean ;). I do get where you're coming from tho as I can't apply for the job I've been doing for 1 year and 3 months because of a 'technicality' :mad: so my options aren't fantastic from that perspective either.

And you forgot to announce that you lost 5lbs this week! Surely the most important bit - f**k the restructure at work :)

5lbs?! I'm in a bit of a guddle but I'm sure it was only 3?! It must be...

cos it's been...

week 1 - 15lbs
week 2 - 5lbs
week 3 - 3lbs

and... week 4 - who knows?! I was Tara this weekend with a birthday treat so it was a tiny bit of curry, nan bread... and to top it all off M&S birthday cake.... so not quite sure what the scales will say come Tuesday morning... but the wonderful thing was... I was so full after just a few mouthfuls and actually left most of it... and managed to get rid of my 1st pair of trousers that have become like clown pants!!! :)

Hope everyone else had a great weekend... and I am now off to bed for another week in the fun factory.. and even better for BG, she has my company for an hour and a half over lunch tomorrow to talk about how we can perform miracles... no, really... I think some of the people we work with think we have access to 'loaves and fishes' technology!! :D

FHTH x

3 or 5 you still didn't mention it ;). And you won't have my company tomorrow as I have a day off and anyway I'm right out of miracles. Anyway, to save using a food analogy maybe you could just part the Red Sea instead :)

I did my half week weigh in this morning and have stayed the same... but it is TOTM... so we'll wait and see what the scales say come Tuesday... although I will say that after my wee 'relaxed' day with a bit of a birthday cake, I have found my motivation is through the floor....(that little voice saying telling me that being thinner isn't going to make me happy anyway... blah, blah. blah....I know that's just 'noise' and I try to ignore it.. but I'm either absolutely ravenous and all I can think of is a Dominos Pepperoni Passion... then since I can't have that, I want nothing at all.... I think that might be because it's TOTM...and the chocolate cravings have been bad and hoping that I can get back on a more even keel next week...

Well... trying not to be 'scunnered' by the fact that I only lost 1lb this week too.... and accept that it all comes off at different rates but still... so progress so far has been
week 1 - 15lb (yes, I know!)
week 2 - 5lb
week 3 - 3lb
week 4 - 1lb TOTM
week 5 - 1lb
which makes 25lb in 5 weeks which is still a lot but guess I expected more this week as last week was TOTM.... BUT (and let this be a lesson..!!)

I don't think I am eating enough... some days I just can't face another pack.... and if I have to eat another bolognese, I am going to be sick!
Today I've had a bit of a 'relaxed' day... breakfast bar, salad at lunch and some MALTESERS this afternoon... WOW, going crazy! I just need to remind myself that these things rarely taste as good as you imagine them.... and a little of what you fancy does you good... but back on the wagon tomorrow!

In fact, the math doesn't add up... as I am still at 17st 7lbs so that means on one or two of these weeks, I have stayed the same... (or put on... now I am even more confused) and even more depressed!! (Time to get the Thornton's out.... KIDDING!) :cry:

Well whatever way you cut it you're likely to lose 2 stone by next week if you stay on track as you must be due a decent loss. Sometimes the scales don't go the way you want them to - I know that only too well. I think I lost 0.4lb on week 5 or something so you're not alone :)

Thanks BG!!!!!!... I missed your smiley face today... where were you?!

I am now strictly packs for the next 7 weeks.... until the hols.. no more chicken or fish.... and definitely no birthday cake!!

Well, still on the S&S train... a few detours to 'Easter Egg' lane, 'oh, it's a long weekend so i can have a treat' drive and definitely got stuck in 'i'll go back on it tomorrow' cul de sac!
Now 100% back on it... and whilst I am hungry, not as bad as I thought I'd be... hope everyone is ok... and still going strong... (haven't weighed myself as don't want to be TOO disheartened so will do it in a couple of days and see what the scales are telling me!)
x

Coooeee???

:D

Back