From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

Gluteus Maximus! - (no relation - or perhaps it is as it does belong to me).

I now know what that is! - You've heard of "buns of steel" and how many people want these? - Well, I don't know why!

After every daily walk I seem to have some pain or twinge etc. Today it was very tight butt muscles. I'm not sure how much longer the no pain-no gain mantra can carry me in this respect, suffice to say I am completely aware of the Gluteus Maximus region - and it's not a holiday resort! :).

Last night I enjoyed another HIFI bar - cheeky orange I think it is called and now I knew what to expect flavour and texture-wis I quite enjoyed it. I am more a savoury person as opposed to sweet-tooth, but in the name of research I went for the hIFI.

Well, tonight's movie is going to be The Dukes of Hazzard. I try to watch between 500-1500 movies per year and have an extensive collection of DVD's -many of which I've never had a chance to watch.

Early night tonight as being a dutiful son have to drop off my dad at Newcastle in the morning for his trip to London as no transport on what is essentially New Years Day. So 6am start for me then:eek:

Tomorrow I plan on my birdwatching walk as I got my days mixed up (again) - I must be one of the few people looking forward to returning to work just so I will then know what day it is!!

Another 5.96 miles today in 2 hours and 3 minutes. 398.9 calories burned (apparently) at an average speed of 2.91 mph.

I am so impressed with your determination to walk ! Well done.

Am a bit more impressed with today's response to the HiFi bar but if you don't have a sweet tooth - lucky you !!!!

Gail x

Today I finally got my days right (I'd make a useless woman me the way I get my dates mixed up lol) and combined walking with birdwatching - not sure of the mileage as I was out all day at the wonderful but wild Northumberland coast!

It was freezing cold all day but good to be out there - even the birds were hiding and I only managed to take my total for the year to 46 species - I know it is early days yet, but I have actually reached 100 on the first day of the year in previus years so shows how scarce the little fellows were!

Much prefer walking in company as I found out today - as well as with the ramblers group.

Also found out by fluke today I am back to work tomorrow when my car share confirmed his lift! - again I was convinced I was back on Wednesday. Christmas & New year certainly addle the brain for this one.

As you all know a trip to the coast is nothing without fish & chips. Tonight I made said delicacy - SW style (no fat, no batter) and loads of mushy peas & vinegar! - must admit that went a long way to helping me thaw out once I got home.

I'm not a mathematician but I'd declare it yum to the power of ten (at least).

Hours in the field 5.5 - even at a sedate 1mph a minimum of 5.5 miles.

Species of birds seen today 44 different. Best bird seen? - Long tailed Duck or possibly Peregrine Falcon (I love birds of prey).

Rip off of the day? - £1.50 for a small polystyrene cup of Bovril.

Disappointment of the day? - finding my Mullerlight Strawberry yoghurt frozen and too cold to eat!

Sounds like a fantastic day. Was it not pretty cold ? Was -1 here even at about 5pm :eek:

I am drooling over your dinner :drool:. Sad over your yoghurt :banghead: !!!

Glad you have figured out when you are back at work - am a bit alarmed at how you found out though ;)

Hope you have fun (!) at work. I'm back tomorrow too so won't be on here as much.

Gail x

Hi!

Well done on all your achievements so far, how encouraging!!!

M for - magic M!!!! Well done! Your walking is so inspiring, hope you don't have any snow/earthquakes putting you off.

As for hi-fi bars, I can also take them or leave them (although I've only ever tried mint) I would rather put my 6 syns towards a flake!!

Good luck with this week!

Elaine.

hi steve you are really doing well with your walking i used to love walking but due to back probs can't walk for long now it's really good excercise too easily dismissed. hope u have a good day xx:bliss:

Lies, damned lies and statistics! or should that be sadistics?

Yes it was absolutely baltic yesterday. Today was the end of my 12 days of Christmas challenge. I completed 1.52 mile in my 30 minute break to take it just over the 60 miles in the 12 days of Christmas (I wanted to do 5 miles per day). If anyone remembers I had a car crash 23rd December so missed 23rd & 24th but managed approx 61 miles in the next 10 days.

I'm very pleased with that - even though now my body needs the rest! - starting to creak here and there lol. I have two walks planned this weekend. Perhaps sedate daily walks at work followed by intense weekends is the way forward.

Am thinking about going into business selling HIFI bars online - there's a market and I could get rich quick lol

Getting toward that apprehensive time - Weigh-in Wednesday night. Can only hope all that walking has helped. I feel strangely bloated though! Can't even blame *week - damn!

Another set of those non-scale victories today. I felt a little self-conscious wearing my new "skinny clothes" I received nothing but compliments and got asked loads of advice - yeah me!

If I wasn't such a ruthless, no-nonsense type I'd consider being a SW consultant. Tact isn't my strong point though, so I guess the world is safe from my rantings lol.

Wish me luck for weigh-in!

Steve

Good luck for your weigh in,have just joined the forum and getting to know my way around the site
Hope to join a group next Tuesday have done sw before but rather half heartedly,I quite like Hifi bars too !
Keep posting,you are an inspiration !
I have a lot to lose am guessing I weigh around 15 stone which I am both embarrassed and ashamed of
Well done on your weight loss so far
Jane

Good luck for weigh in Steve. Delighted on your compliments - it feels great doesn't it ! Well done on achieving your challenge. I am so impressed.

Jane - welcome to Minimins. Don't feel embarrassed or ashamed of who/what you are. That's the beauty of Minimins online. Everyone is here for the same reason and we all support each other. It doesn't matter to us whether you are 15 stone or 50 stone. You have taken the plunge and decided to do something about it. Now the rest is up to you. Hopefully in a few months time, you too will be an inspiration to others. Good luck and keep posting.

Gail x

AAAAH! GOOD LUCK!

Good luck for your weigh in,have just joined the forum and getting to know my way around the site
Hope to join a group next Tuesday have done sw before but rather half heartedly,I quite like Hifi bars too !
Keep posting,you are an inspiration !
I have a lot to lose am guessing I weigh around 15 stone which I am both embarrassed and ashamed of
Well done on your weight loss so far
Jane

I can't wait to be 15 stone :p
Good luck, hun!!! x

Hello Jane, welcome aboard! - Also Ela ine (hope I did that right lol).

In Summer, I was approx 17.5 stone. Just sticking to plan, cutting out crap (sorry, but no other word for it) and taking up walking as a hobby have put me at 12s 12.5lb as of tonight. Lost 1lb this week and got Slimmer of the week - mainly because most people gained last week.

I had hoped for more, but I think we get all greedy and I know sometimes I get a bit huffy as find it hard to come to terms that I will not get 5-6lb weekly losses any more lol.

I actually struggled to group tonight - awful head cold and potential (man) flu. Am aching all over and have sore sides because of the constant coughing and hacking - not nice and already I know I will be off work tomorrow as I'm struggling to breathe and my nose is streaming. Not very nice at all, and certainly not something I want to share with colleagues.

Of course we all wish we could wave a magic wand and hit target overnight! - that isn't possible but steady losses are - that's the aim for all of us.

I still recall my first weigh-in the week after joining how disappointed I was with a 1lb loss! I kept with it and things picked up. I LAUGH AT THAT NOW AS I LOVE 1LB LOSSES!!!

Another week before the next ordeal then;)

All the best

Steve

A loss is a loss isn't it so that's good after all the festivities
I have had flu type symptoms for three weeks and two lots of antibiotics,now I have an ear infection so got to get over that this week
Take care and get well soon
Keep warm,plenty of fluids and paracetamol will help!
Thanks for warm welcome too

Back again - it's been a few days. Feels like I have been in prison because of this flu. Now down-graded to heavy head cold.

I have managed to get out for about 5 hours today, managing only 5 miles but I was watching birds - including watching a day-time roost where two Short eared Owls were resting in hawthorn trees! almost invisible such was the camoflage - much better than the normal glimpse of owls - especially as these remained still the 20 minutes or so we observed them.

Tomorrow I have a similar, but presumably more strenuous distance with the ramblers club! - no hanging around watching my feathered friends!

Hopefully my working shoes will serve me better than my walking boots as on several occasions I almost went over today in the icy conditions! - just hope there are not many hills!

Fortunately, my appetite seems to be returning and therefore I can taste food - nothing worse than not enjoying the taste and just fuelling up for fuelling sake.

Steve

Ohhh! the short walk ended up over 9 miles of frozen Northumbrian hillside in the shadow of the Cheviot Hills. Very, very hard going and a few people were poorly/injured en-route!

Suffice to say we ended AFTER the medium and long trekkers and in near darkness. Fortunately we kept re-grouping, but there was some concern about us.

Absolutely shattered, and if it doesn't help me gain a loss this week - well, I'll eat hay with a donkey!

(at this point I expect a few sarcastic comments from the usuals suspects lol - please don't disappoint!)

I'll be thawed out soon though:p

'gain a loss' - isn't that a contradiction in terms.......!

Glad you had a good day. Impressed at your determination with walking. Glad you're feeling better. Hope you have a good week. ? more walking planned.

Gail x

'gain a loss' - isn't that a contradiction in terms.......!

Glad you had a good day. Impressed at your determination with walking. Glad you're feeling better. Hope you have a good week. ? more walking planned.

Gail x

You know Gail, they call you women the fairer sex, but sometimes, just sometimes there's a little cruel streak of evil that goes through you all lol.

So ignoring the gaining a loss bit, I'm now scared to write I just hope to lose again - but I'm sure that might be classed as a further contradiction haha.

The walking appears quite impulsive but it is planned. My rambler walks are ever other Sunday. At work, I manage 1.5 miles power walk in my lunch break. (when I'm not skiving that is). Added to that a local couple of RSPB groups have trips every month or two. On the weekends I have nothing planned, I make my own trips - vowing to walk at least 5-6 every weekend - irrespective of weather. The last bit makes it very interesting at times!

It is one way of not only keeping fit, but building stamina too. The difference is amazing.

The lowpoint for me was at the Grand National at Aintree the year before last, there was no seating and it absolutely killed me standing without any seating for about 5 hours! - I was in agony - even footy games now are seated and I was not used to standing. That combined with the hangover from the hotel bar the night before and the general lack of fitness was horrible - a real wake-up call.

I reckon I could do it no problem now - oh and probably walk the 4.5 mile course as well afterwards haha.
is hay a healthy extra ? lol

Have just read this thread from page 1 ( I'm a new joiner) what a truely enjoyable & inspiring read - well done, I can tell you'll make it to your target.

Hi Debridger - welcome aboard! - you'll fit in well here with that "pick-on-Steve" mentality lol. You know what it is? - I'm going to have to check for all errors, spellings, etc. can't give you any more ammo haha.

Good job Val never saw it! - I'd be done for.

Received some disturbing news today... got to go back to work tomorrow:p Apparently man-flu is not accepted as life-threatening. As I say, sometimes women have a ruthless streak. I much preferred a male boss truth be told.

Good job Val never saw it! - I'd be done for.

how can u say that :eek: u have hurt my feelings now, i don't think i will ever get over it think i am going to find the nearest bridge and jump off it............... oh i love being a drama queen hee hee

Back