From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

A cracking end to a cracking weekend, especially after the trials of last week. Hopefully a good week ahead. - Beginning 6am with my "wake-up" walk (1.5 mile):eek:

Great to hear you had a good weekend. However I can't associate the word 'good' with 6am, it's just not right.........:eek:

Sorry I haven't commented earlier about your tough time recently and your mate. So sorry to hear about him but what an inspiration to be so amazing about what's going on around him. I really hope that whatever happens from now on, he is able to continue to be like that and obviously has great people around him.

Hope you have a good week. I'm sure that 0.5lb will be gone within no time.

Gail x

Thanks Gail - yes, 6am & "good" - that has to be one of them oxymorons I keep hearing about!

Blimey - Lassie Come Home! What an absolute garbage film! lol. I recall it as a classic as a child, watched it with my mum and probably shed a tear or two (mum, not me, naturally) despite child stars Roddy McDowall and Liz Taylor it was pretty poor. Funny how rose-tinted memories play tricks on reality.

So 6am this morning I was frozen! - by 6.30 I was wide awake and warm as toast! - I even doubled that to 3 miles (part of the same course) at 6pm and back in at 7pm. Add the 1.5 mile each lunchtime at work and 6 miles each workday will be my new mantra.

My body and legs are no longer complaining about it! - indeed they seem to be waiting for the stretch. It's a good thing and can only help me as I even seem to have come to grips with going uphill! - this was a major problem at first, but now I am not only meeting the challenge, but as with recent rambler trips, actually looking forward to seeing the views from up there.

Really looking forward to the spring and summer to get rid of the frost and mud and hike in shorts and get a bit of colour in my milk-bottle legs in time for Florida in May - can't have me looking like a tourist now can we?

If anyone can recommend a good movie - feel free to suggest be it a modern one or a classic from the past.

Not even sure what to watch tonight! will have to have a look!

Steve

I continue to be impressed by your walking Steve. You are a very good role model for us all here.

If you are worried about the colour of your legs for Florida, then I know St Tropez would help............................:p

What are you planning to do in Florida ? Who are you going with ? Have you been before ? I'm excited for you !

Hope you continue to have a good week.

Gail x

I'm going with the old fella as it goes - he too loves Florida - we've been before and after the trials and tribulations of the past year, best mate dies, work colleague died, new best mate has cancer, and anotehr close friend also succumbed to cancer - on top of all that, my 9 year plus relationship came to an aamicable but ultimately sad end. A rubbish year in all respects.

Fortunately the 2nd part of last year I lost weight!

So just myself and my old dad (he is widowed) so we enjoy each other's company and have actually booked a holiday in May staying onsite (Disney) for 2 weeks in Port Orleans French Quarter (with free Disney Dining:eek:) the going again in September for a further two weeks, but this time in a Villa with pool to get away from the bedlam!

We'll do the parks and boat rides, take in an NFL game (American Footy) visit beaches, Space Centre, and all the Florida attractions (hire car) - we love Florida! - safe to say.

Today I got further great news on the back of recent poor. Practice nurse confirmed my insulin after a trial is no longer required and if I keep making the excellent progress i'm doing now, the medication will also be reduced.

So every reason to keep up the exercise, diet and positivity. Even the gym and the early morning/late night walks seem so worthwhile.

Haha I was even criticising the slackers on The Biggest Loser last night - listen to me - the cheek of it!!

The nurse wanted to take my weight today - it was funny. I told her as by SW's accurate scales I was 12st 10lb last Wednesday and I'd prefer not to get weighed as it is unlucky and counter-productive being weighed before weigh-in - citing this as the reson for previous weight-losses!

I thought she'd bought this, until I saw her cheeky grin. She let me off though as my blood pressure was spot in and she's delighted with me.

She reckons with my attitude and charm I'll get through this no problem! -

I hope she's not "hitting on me";)

Any new Florida experiences I should know about Gail? or indeed anyone?

Fingers crossed for my weigh-in tomorrow - hopefully the extra walking has got me back my half-pound gain last week! - actually that sounds wrong. I don't want half a pound back! - anyway I just hope I'm back on track.

Steve

Awwww that's lovely, going with your Dad. I can quite agree with you that last year wasn't a great year *understatement of the year*. You are only 'young' and you're not supposed to lose your friends at this age (not that it gets any easier as you get older I suspect).

I'm off to Florida in June too which will be great. I love Florida :). I'm sure you will have a fantastic time. Weather should be good too for those milk bottle legs :p

Well done for not weighing on the surgery scales ! Although I weigh every day, I weigh only on the same scales at the same time of the day. I have learnt to ignore them largely (if I've been on plan - which makes you ask why I do it :confused: but I do !) but it makes me feel better to know that things are not going massively astray for no reason (which they never have :( !) but I don't act on what I see (now). If I've lost, I don't get complacent and if I've gained, I don't panic and go eating everything in the house. So it works for me :)

Re: the nurse, I can't possibly comment on whether she was hitting on you. Do you want her to be hitting on you ??? :p

Anyway, good luck for tomorrow. I will be watching out for your WI. I have every confidence in you :D

Gail x

1.5lb loss - I'm trying to be happy with that, but instead I'll settle for "satisfied".

I had hoped for a lot more - especially as I figure I did over 30 moles walking, 2 gym sessions, and other stuff besides. Perhaps I'm expecting too much?

Another possibility is I'm doing too much and need to relax it a little.

Still after a great week, a superb medical result (insulin be gone I tell thee) and a weight loss to end it, I''ll remain upbeat for the next 7 days.

Might have to mix it up a little - will see when I next go shopping. Might do a week on one plan only - see if it does anything.

My favourite night of the week. Late start tomorrow (10am) means not only a lie-in but I don't even need to set the alarm!

No 1.5 mile walk to start tomorrow as I'm treating myself to a day off - because I'm worth it ;)

No doubt I'll push myself a little in the gym tomorrow night!

Steve

Edit: - where you going in Florida Gail? - have you been before, where'd you stay - I'm staying onsite in May at Port Orleans French Quarter then offsite in September for a cheeky (greedy) 2nd visit in September in a villa with pool of course.

Not sure how easy it will be to stay on plan in Florida - so my best course of action is to reach target before I go lol. 1lb per week should get me there - more or less.

Steve,

I am really pleased with your 1.5lbs. I know you want it to come off asap and it's below your weekly average so far but you're actually not that far from target now so it's not surprising that your losses have slowed down a bit. With all the walking that you are doing, you will be toning up your new body and probably also putting on a bit of muscle (which is heavier than fat) so I think that 1.5lbs is great. Be pleased (if you can !) because now you have 1.5lbs less to lose to get to target. Yipppeeeee !

I don't think it will be that easy to stay on plan in Florida (the theme parks have mostly junk food but the hotel may have buffets which will almost certainly have reasonable SW friendly food), however you are likely to be quite active I suspect so the impact may be less. The last time I went, although I tried hard at the beginning of the trip, by the end I was eating almost anything in sight :eek: (including pizza which I avoid generally at all costs) and I STS after 10 days. However bear in mind that you will put on fluid during the travel time so try not to WI within 24 hours of getting home. You'll have a great time though.

I have no idea where we are staying !!! I haven't booked it. Just know it's a villa somewhere with a pool :). I have been quite a few times before but not with my family ! Should be fun.

Anyway, have a good week. Well done again for this week. Enjoy your lie in (although 10am is NOT a lie in for me........:eek:)

Gail x

:hijack: :rolleyes:

I've just booked for Orlando (May 11th - 25th)!! I LOVE DISNEY!!! (and Busch!!) In fact I love ALL the rides!!!

Going for a 'children only' holiday (ages from 24 - 38!! :p ). We haven't been for ten years and I'm excited already!!

Thanks for the tip about not weighing in for 24hrs after landing!

I've just hit my 5 stone shiny, so I'm planning on putting anything that I lose between now and May into my 'weight-bank'. (whatever total I manage to lose between now and May, I'm happy to re-gain!) This will be my first time to the US whilst on SW and I'm planning on making the most of it.... I think that the SW friendly options will be the Diet Coke or the black coffee - everything else is SYNS!!!!

If you are into the NFL Steve, don't forget that the Superbowl is on Sunday 6th February on the BBC!!

I'm with Gail on this one Steve, you're doing well! :) it might be that you didn't eat enough for the extra exercise you did last week.

Nay

Thanks everyone. I think I've probably over-done things. I actually making a decision to cut down on the body magic (it was becoming a bit obsessive) and possibly eat more and certainly drink more!

Don't worry - it will all be within plan.

I went to the gym after work for an hour and struggled like mad. I felt "empty" - the cross-trainer hurt my knees, so I decided to do the treadmill (walking) exercise bike and rowing machine, but just doing them for short bursts hear and there. I didn't want to miss the gym session, but took it easy.

I'm very much at a stage where silly as it sounds, I no longer know my own body! - it is like a new one and a learning curve. I need to treat it and use it differently now.

Tonight I will re-evaluate my goals, re-vamp some menus and see if I can get a new chapter going.

Regarding Florida, I plan to enjoy it as much as possible. I will enjoy the food but not the stupid-sized portions. At least in the villa I can prepare my own stuff (September) but in May I do plan to "live a little" but will take it all off when I get home. I will not be walking as much over there because of the heat - apart from in the parks that is. On the plus side though, I will be swimming.

I am really looking forward to sitting on a plane and fastening the seat belt with no worries, no silent prayers and no discomfort - that will be one hell of a non-scale victory as I 'm sure any of us who have previusly been of the "large" variety can relate to the dread of aircraft seats.

Should even be able to get the tray down as no belly to get in the way - well not as much belly;)

Aaarrgghhh!

PMT kicking in!

Pre Meet Tension!

I hate the night and day leading to weigh-in!. Don't get me wrong I love the meet, the group and all the chat etc. but the actual act of getting on those (particularly spiteful, vindictive) scales.......well, that's another story!

There, feel better now!

Might watch Marathon Man tonight - just to see if it helps me lose weight overnight ;)

Have decided, whatever happens this week, this weekend I'm going to town (Newc*stle) to get some things from Lakeland - I keep putting off, but as that is my closest Lakeland store, it needs to be done. Will probably end up spending a fortune on gadgets for the kitchen.

Last edited:
Ooooh. I love Lakeland. Let us know what you buy. Are you planning to get butter buds ??

Gail x

yep, you'll lose lbs running in your sleep - sure you'll be fine :).
Make sure you tell us what you treat yourself to at Lakeland

I will do!

I'm sort of dreading it because I will probably over-spend and as I will not have the car, try and carry too much! I fancy a few more gadgety things such as floating egg poachers, single egg frying pan etc.

Ooooh. I love Lakeland. Let us know what you buy. Are you planning to get butter buds ??

Gail x

Too right I am! - not had them for a while and my consultant was meant to pick some up for me last week if popping into town, but either forgot or never went to town.

I have a craving for creamy mash! - at half a syn a packet I can "cream to the max" (no pun intended).

I like looking at their website - it is such a different shop than others.

Lakeland, the home of creative kitchenware

Glory Be!

Was quite amazed to lose 2.5lb this week. Now 15lb to target - though it may have to be "tweaked" - all depends if the last 15lb can come off my belly lol.

Anyway, the big thing this week is that I took a gamble, or rather a calculated risk with the body magic by reducing it. Still continued to do the 2 gym sessions per week, but reduced the walking by some 23 miles!

Now, I do not know whether this week's loss was aided by the 30 miles or so I did last week (1.5lb loss last week only) but I decided to give my aching limbs a chance and reduced the walking to 1.5 miles each lunchtime.

This weeks loss was greater! - I now have to figure out if this was because of or in spite of the walking! - I will again try the same strategy, but have the added insurance of a Ramblers Group trip on Sunday to add to the 2 gym visits.

I still cannot believe I have just 15lb to target:D

Have already achieved 5 stone (and a pound!) from 17st 6lb starting weight at the end of July, and now just 1lb more for the 12.5st landmark and 2lb more for my 3st SW sticker.

An even greater landmark for me is to reach 12st 3lb - this was my lightest weight I remember as an adult in 1985.

Sorry, I'm indulging myself and chuntering a little and quite possibly getting carried away here:eek: Just breaking them all into mini-targets is helping me no end!

Steve - who will have a great night's sleep tonight!

Well done Steve :) you're storming ahead now!

Think you probably didn't consume enough calories to account for the amount you were burning! This week you seemed to have reached a happy medium!

Keep up the good work and those 15 lbs will be gone before you know it and definitely by May :)

Nay

YAY. Well done Steve.

5 stone is absolutely amazing. I am so chuffed for you.

I've said this before many times (to others) but no need to apologise for 'bragging' about your achievements. It's one of the things I love about this site is the motivation seeing others do so well (with or without photos - it's great).

So thanks for telling us about your brilliant losses. That 15lbs will be gone before you know it.

Gail x

P.S. Hope you buy lots of lovely things at Lakeland. I'm jealous :p

Thanks ladies!

Well I hope you all share in my success as it is at times a group effort and as someone once said it is down to 90% persperation and 10% inspiration - or something like that;)

Yes i follow the plan and do most of the hard work, but as we all know it is much more than that - that's where all the support, online or otherwise comes in.

Take a bow! - or should that be curtsey lol.

I know the last 15 will be the hardest to shift, but as far as time scale is concerned, I have until the 1st May before Florida! - I make that 12 weeks Sunday. 1.25lb per week don't seem a lot lol.

Back