From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

Lovely post Steve...nice to see you so focussed :)

You've made massive changes to your life over the past year, and you should be extremely proud of all that you have achieved. The trouble is, most people can only see the physical changes in you ie. your weight loss. They don't know the changes that have gone on inside your head while you've been on this journey. And there must be big changes to have reached the point you have got to. You've altered your whole way of eating, and your attitude to food and exercise...and life!

You're not daft, I'm sure you know if you're over doing it. Just make sure you're realistic & honest with yourself about how much exercise you really need to do, and what weight you want to be. I have been having a similar experience myself with well meaning friends and relatives raising concerns that I shouldn't lose any more weight...even though I still have a bmi of 25.5 (just over the upper limit for my height) and am still overweight. But bless them for caring, and you should be pleased too that you have people around you who love you enough to care x

I hardly ever have bread now btw...maybe at the weekend I'll have a couple of slices of wm toast as my B for breakfast, but that's it. In fact I can't remember the last time I had a sandwich, and I don't really miss it.

Stay happy x

Hi Stevie babe...........mumsie has found you !!!!!

You write so well it is a pleasure to read your diary though you have kept a few secrets from your mumsie:D

I have not eaten bread for 2 years and feel better for it.

Reading your last entry you have turned your life around so successfully.............you are a star !!!!

big mumsie hugs xxxxxx

fillymum said:
Hi Stevie babe...........mumsie has found you !!!!!

You write so well it is a pleasure to read your diary though you have kept a few secrets from your mumsie:D

big mumsie hugs xxxxxx

Ooh Steve!

Secrets from mumsie eh?

Does that mean she doesn't know about the harem? ;) xx

Oops...she does now!

Hi Steve & welcome back.

I sort of know how you feel as I too have been getting comments from friends along the lines of "You can stop now, You've lost enough weight!"

For heavens sake, I'm still 12.5 stone with a BMI of 27.2 at the mo.

But two things:
1) They may have a point. I'm older than you and already starting to get saggy skin (not very attractive imho) - and as friends they are just showing they care.
2) BMI is not the only way of assessing "perfection". It has it's flaws, especially for athletes - it classes Paula Radcliffe as underweight and many others with well developed muscles as overweight.

So I'll echo some what Dawn has said, be honest with yourself and don't overdo either the weight loss or exercise.

Only you will know when you are "there" - not even the rest of us on Minis - it is a very personal journey.

But please take care - an "all-consuming passion" can soon turn into an full-blown obsession which isn't a good place to be.

Sorry, if this isn't as upbeat as some of the other replies but I have to say what I feel!

Right you lot, listen up and listen up good!

We have a "real" lady among us - goes by the name of Sue - aka Fillymum, aka my surrogate mum.

I gather Sue has read the diary and all its (sordid) contents. I never encouraged them Mumsie. They are what you and my other mum always warned me about (though to be fair my dad always encourage me to find such sorts lol).

I simply have to tell you all of the NSV (non scale victory) I had tonight - just finishing my walk, well into the last mile of 5, a group of young lads were "waiting for me" I knew they were going to abuse me, but being an icon, its part of the job;)

One of them shouted "Hey baldy!"

(if you recall my pics I shave down to the wood)

so I replied "Hey, you forgot to call me fatty as well!"

"But Mister, you're not fat, man - ya dead skinny"

:D like a Cheshire cat I am.

Kids do say the funniest things.

I almost threw a couple of pound coins for them, but remembered in the current climate they'd probably get tooled up and start looting the village stores lol.

Lol! Lol! Lol!

Best NSV EVER!!! :8855:

Happy, happy happy!

Well, perhaps a little sad! - 7lb off tonight and plan to keep it that way - as most of you know by now a great loss is usually followed by a gain.

Tonight I ate like a king! - sirloin steak, prawns, new potatoes (minted), mixed veg and broccoli (my take on surf & turf no less) a celebratory repast if ever there was one.

So, now I am 1lb BELOW my target range. This is the point I usually get stressing. If I sts or lose I will have to pay next time. If I gain a little I will not have to pay, but I do not intent to gain either!

Such is the paradox....

Instead, I've decided the following.

I will continue eating healthy and to plan. I will continue the body magic and walking regime too.

I will get weighed next time. If I have gained i will be free and so be it.

If I lose I will be lighter and probably healthier and have to pay £4.95 - a small price to pay for the magic of health - I'm sure you'll agree.

If I stay the same I will have to pay, shrug my shoulders and concentrate on the next one.

I'm not gonna worry or beat myself up about it or spit out the dummy and throw the toys out of the pram as I would normally do.

As I mentioned a few posts back, a BMI chart will not choose my weight, neither will I or even my consultant or all the medical staff I have backing me all the way. My weight will be driven by diet and exercise. In other words wherever it lands on the scales is fine by this one:cool:

Right then, that's sorted - I'm off to spread the positivity and love around the world lol.

Steve the strapping 148 pounder pmsl.

Hey Stevie babe!!!

You strapping 148 pounder you!

And yes...I STILL weigh more than you!!! :eek:

How am I supposed to catch you up if you keep dropping the pounds like that??? :confused:

Hiya Steve.

Well done on getting rid of last WIs gain - and a tad more besides. How on earth do you manage 7 lbs in one go when you are at target? Beggars belief imho.

I know you've said you're going to let your body decide but have you had any more thoughts about lowering target and heading for the century total?

WOW well done ! What an amazing loss, and very well deserved. You really are an inspiration. I was reading your diary yesterday and today (when should have been working :8855: x

Working is for squares anyway;) My diary is for chamions and championesses lol.

Hey Stevie babe!!!

You strapping 148 pounder you!

And yes...I STILL weigh more than you!!! :eek:

How am I supposed to catch you up if you keep dropping the pounds like that??? :confused:

Well sometimes a guy gets kinda tired of waiting y'know Dawnie;) - as you know, or at least "should" know, I'm doing a double challenge for August. Walking at least 200 miles and going the full month without bread.

The walking I enjoy, the bread thing is an experiment to see a) if I can live without it b) How I can live without it and c) whether if makes a difference to my weight.

Back in the day, I would eat mountains of thick sliced white, french stick, crusty bread, tiger bread etc. all liberally laced (what a great phrase that is - must use it more) with butter (Lurpak only).

Hiya Steve.

Well done on getting rid of last WIs gain - and a tad more besides. How on earth do you manage 7 lbs in one go when you are at target? Beggars belief imho.

I know you've said you're going to let your body decide but have you had any more thoughts about lowering target and heading for the century total?

The century thing comes calling, but I get a strange mix of fear/inrepidation/depression/ if I don't achieve it. It is tantalisingly close, but I also understand the weather has turned, I only did 5 mile today, for example, as the weather is atrocious. I got drowned this morning and have to remain responsible as don't want cold or flu to slow me down.

I'll leave it for now. Will see where it leads. For the record it stands at 97lb! - the followig milestones are within reach:

5 stone SW sticker = 4 more pound

100lb loss = 3 more pound.

7 stone loss = 1 more pound.

All of them great, but I'm not stressing. I feel in control and quite relaxed about it all. Most unusual lol.

Oh forgot to mention....

Those nice Amazon people called and left me a pressie today. A nice GPS to record my walking and get me into geocaching. A sort of treasure trail for the digital age.

This will save my iphone and batteries as it is a dedicated unit. I've decided I'm going to try and inspire others at my local Rambler's group as they've been asking me to lead groups for a while and I think I will hone my map-reading skills and put something back into the group who have helped me greatly over the past 10 months.

I might have to grow a beard to become a bona-fide mountain man!! - oh no!!! - i might have to start drinking real ale, wearing CAMRA T-shirts - or even worse those baggy woolly jumpers.

Perhaps a re-think is in order;)

My ambition would be to lead a Minimins walk :cool:

I'll be there! With my real ale & my CAMRA t-shirt.
But no matter how hard I try, I don't seem able to grow a decent beard!

Depends where the beard is !! (sorry might be a bit to smutty lol)

. . . A nice GPS to record my walking and get me into geocaching. A sort of treasure trail for the digital age.
. . . inspire others at my local Rambler's group as they've been asking me to lead groups for a while
Just watch out with those pesky GPS thingummies. We had a hand-held one for the boat (as well as the big plotter one) that we also used when out and about on land. I haplessly followed the straight line from a-2-b and it led me straight to a bl**dy escarpment - my map reading skills are pants - and it was a long way to get round it.

My ambition would be to lead a Minimins walk :cool:
I'll be there too in my CAMRA t-shirt - so long as it's in the Sierra Espuna.

JimofTroy said:

Funny that...I never seem to have any problems...;)

Not a real Jim then are ya, Sarah?;)

Depends where the beard is !! (sorry might be a bit to smutty lol)

Hey! ont on my thread - who do you think you are "Dirty Dawn"?:p

Just watch out with those pesky GPS thingummies. We had a hand-held one for the boat (as well as the big plotter one) that we also used when out and about on land. I haplessly followed the straight line from a-2-b and it led me straight to a bl**dy escarpment - my map reading skills are pants - and it was a long way to get round it.

I'll be there too in my CAMRA t-shirt - so long as it's in the Sierra Espuna.

Oh dear! wimmin and technology. Why on earth would the fairer sex even want to get involved with GPS/Satnav etc. is beyond me.

I just wish you would know your limits at times;)

**runs and hides**

Oh dear! wimmin and technology. Why on earth would the fairer sex even want to get involved with GPS/Satnav etc. is beyond me.

I just wish you would know your limits at times;)

**runs and hides**

I think you should stay in hiding for some time after that last comment!

I was the navigator on the boat and in the car with the GPS thingummy and I never got lost. It was just hills and dales that caused me a bit of a problem. LOL :cry:

It's the hubby who's the techno-peasant in our household so just you be careful or else I will definitely be on a plane to Newcastle to kick your skinny ass :asskick:and then do this so you can't be nasty to us girlies. :pcwhack: Or perhaps I should just talk to Virgin and get your connection messed up agaon. :rotflmao:

I think you should stay in hiding for some time after that last comment!

I was the navigator on the boat and in the car with the GPS thingummy and I never got lost. It was just hills and dales that caused me a bit of a problem. LOL :cry:

It's the hubby who's the techno-peasant in our household so just you be careful or else I will definitely be on a plane to Newcastle to kick your skinny ass :asskick:and then do this so you can't be nasty to us girlies. :pcwhack: Or perhaps I should just talk to Virgin and get your connection messed up agaon. :rotflmao:

SS Titanic was it dear?:p

Aaargh - I got cabin fever! - never got out walking today - foiled by weather. I did manage a lot of walking around local shopping centre, then Asda, but not the same as striding out in the open.

Welcome back to lovely Gail btw.

At least Im not going to be over-doing the walking.

Edited to say I DID get out walking add added another 5.2 miles as the sun came out to greet me.

124.9 miles the 14 days of August so far

Last edited:
SS Titanic was it dear?:p
I give up! Can anyone win an argument on here? Did get us all round UK, France, Spain, Greece and Turkey without any mishaps but I don't suppose that counts to you male chauvenists? Does it?

Back