From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

I give up! Can anyone win an argument on here? Did get us all round UK, France, Spain, Greece and Turkey without any mishaps but I don't suppose that counts to you male chauvenists? Does it?
You mis-spelt chauvinist;)

Fair play to you Bev - I'm only messing wit cha:eek:

You've led a full & exciting life - a bit of the explorer/intrepid traveller what with the rallying & sailing etc. The nearest I've got to anything like that is my love of Everest (the mountain, not the double glazing company!!) - even that is via reading books on the subject and not getting within a continent of the Himalayas:confused:

Anyway, it's not about winning arguments on here - it's about keeping Dawn on the straight and narrow:p

Hows the walking going? I am thinking of doing that but no point setting a high target. How are you keeping track of how far you have walked? I guess I could set a target to do on my treadmill which is getting so dusty? Its just boring so i'm downloading some music to see if that helps x

Hiya Jackie

It's going great, but very tiring. I keep a running total on the "Off Topic" section which I update daily.

The tiring bit is not so much the walking itself, but setting the alarm for 4.45 am and hauling my sorry ass out of bed to start the day. I leave the house at 7.15am each day to pick up colleagues so in order to fit in a 5 mile walk, breakfast and prepare lunch etc. I need to get up mega-early.

Then on an evening, I return home, drop people off, have dinner (or tea as us commoners call it) and then go out and do at least another 5 mile! - I have more time then though as not a great telly watcher.

At lunch I add 1.5 mile on a fixed route at lunchtime.

So today, for example was

5.3 mile before work
1.5 mile at work
5.6 mile after work

Total 12.4 miles today

Running total 137.3 miles after 15 days.

Almost halfway through the month and above my halfway target of 200 mile. Also almost halfway towards the second part of my target which is to go the whole of August without eating any bread:)

Any of you any ideas what I could target for September please let me know - though I'm disappearing to Florida for a few weeks in the middle of it.

You mis-spelt chauvinist;)

Fair play to you Bev - I'm only messing wit cha:eek:

You've led a full & exciting life - a bit of the explorer/intrepid traveller what with the rallying & sailing etc. The nearest I've got to anything like that is my love of Everest (the mountain, not the double glazing company!!) - even that is via reading books on the subject and not getting within a continent of the Himalayas:confused:

Anyway, it's not about winning arguments on here - it's about keeping Dawn on the straight and narrow:p
I knew you were only messing! Juts thought I'd try and wind you up for a change!

Me intrepid? Well I suppose I am in my own quiet way - well not so quiet then (my t'other half says I could win a Gold at the olympics if talking was a competitive sport). Did a big round the world trip 10 years ago taking in Asia, Australia and the States for our 25th. Can't afford the intrepid now that we're retired.

Would love to see Everest too. But I think I'll give that a miss.

Last edited:
The nearest I've got to anything like that is my love of Everest (the mountain, not the double glazing company!!) - even that is via reading books on the subject and not getting within a continent of the Himalayas:confused:

I'll send you a postcard from the Himalayas next Sept!

I'm trekking - with Capricorn. (And lots of others.)

The details are in the link at the bottom of my signature.

I'm very excited - but still daunted at the amount of money I've got to raise!

Bl**dy Hell Sarah - You're mad!

Maximus - I am tired reading all that walking. Certainly can't compete with that. I must set myself smaller targets to start with. Very impressed that you are over half way already well done :)

Sarah - I am speechless. and inspired. I am still in the obese range (what was nice is I just checked and I've gone from morbidly obese to obese :) ) I am astounded at the amount you have to raise but confident that you will achieve this. Well done on that weight loss too :) fantastic xxxxx

Well I thought EVERYBODY knew that!
Well I did - but didn't realise you were THAT mad.
Just been on the Trek site and the schedule looks gruelling. Rather you than me. Can walk ok on flat but up and down hills are out (broken knee at college, ripped tendons & ligaments from a ski-ing accident in same knee and arthritis to boot - dance & gymnstics to blame)!

More intrepid stuff about me you didn't know Steve.
But nowhere near as intrepid as our Sarah here!

Way to go Sarah - I think this looks amazing!

I'm bl**dy knackered after reading this little lot so off for a lie down :D 200 miles for August/Everest climbing/........I ask you!!! :D:D

I knew you were only messing! Juts thought I'd try and wind you up for a change!

Me intrepid? Well I suppose I am in my own quiet way - well not so quiet then (my t'other half says I could win a Gold at the olympics if talking was a competitive sport). Did a big round the world trip 10 years ago taking in Asia, Australia and the States for our 25th. Can't afford the intrepid now that we're retired.

Did I say intrepid? - sorry, typo....I meant insipid:p

I'll send you a postcard from the Himalayas next Sept!

Sarah - I'll keep you to that. I've stuck a few bob in there as it's a good cause and a fantastic opportunity. If my wee donation can be of assistance, then I feel bloody good about it.

Maximus - I am tired reading all that walking. Certainly can't compete with that. I must set myself smaller targets to start with. Very impressed that you are over half way already well done :)

Sarah - I am speechless. and inspired. I am still in the obese range (what was nice is I just checked and I've gone from morbidly obese to obese :) ) I am astounded at the amount you have to raise but confident that you will achieve this. Well done on that weight loss too :) fantastic xxxxx

Jackie, you'll get there, Enjoy the journey. My journey at present is all about gruelling and punishing schedules now. The greatest fun was had losing the weight. Maintaining the loss is harder!

I'm bl**dy knackered after reading this little lot so off for a lie down :D 200 miles for August/Everest climbing/........I ask you!!! :D:D

Welcome back Lou!

My 200 miles feels like a mere hop, skip and a jump compared to "hardcore Sarah" over there. I'll remember Everest next time I complain as I have to walk a mile up a hill and feel my calves and hamstrings pulling lol.

Everything is relative.

In reality I think we're all so awesome in our own way(s):)

Steve

Thanks, Steve. Yep, every penny counts!
I will get up those ***** mountains - if it kills me!

And yes, we are all awesome. Totally.

Well as I was up early this morning, I thought I would catch up on some diaries, and boy oh boy do I feel lazy after reading yours Steve!
I thought I was almost virtuous in that I walk, or rather almost run the dog for 30 minutes every weekday, and swim 40 lengths twice a week, but obviously, if I am going to succeed at staying at target, I need to up my game a bit!:eek:

Welcome back Lou!

My 200 miles feels like a mere hop, skip and a jump compared to "hardcore Sarah" over there. I'll remember Everest next time I complain as I have to walk a mile up a hill and feel my calves and hamstrings pulling lol.

Steve
Steve, sweetie.....please don't mention hardcore this early in the day.....you are making me blush :eek:
x

I know what you mean Jackie. I pledged to do 100 hours of exercise in 3 months. I'm 2 weeks in and have done the grand total of............................3 hours!!!!! Steve does more than that in 1/2 a day :eek: :D

I took myself off for a brisk walk during my lunch break on Monday, to the local park, which has the Basingstoke Canal running through it. Unfortunately, the funfair was just setting up camp and I had all manner of nasty thoughts going through my brain about 'fairboys' having their wicked way with me, so I scuttled back to the car........yes, I know the park is just across the road from work but I DROVE to it!!!!!!!! Seems my good intentions aren't quite good enough lol.

Oh and yes.........good morning Steve/Mr Motivator/exercise bunny :D

Back