From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

Don't say that! - I was so close to Mince pie, chips and gravy (its a northern thing!!) -
Being 100% 100% of the time ain't easy:p
Deffo agree on both counts! Mince pie is ace!!

Florida is September 22 to October 6 - or 7th when I get back. Don't worry though as I'll bully you from over there. Order an Ipad2 specifically to do it with (villa includes free wifi)
My hubby reckons my challenge is unfair! How good a swimmer are you?
Do you know I used to swim competitively? My training was 50 lengths or more a day - of butterfly! Not that I can do that now - I just sink!
So he reckons I ought to average 20 lengths per day!
Oh sh1t! I haven't swum properly for 15 years BUT are you on?
You still on 100 lengths per week me on 140.

Maximus said:
All this deviant talk of fish & chips. I wonder if anyone has ever arranged a Minimins fish & chip meet - somewhere like Whitby would be great:cool:

Not sure the southerners or Scots would agree though;)

Oh yes! Like it Stevie babe! Loads of mini's descending on poor old Whitby...won't know what's hit em lol!

Even us Southerners can appreciate a good bit of fish you know...;)

I'm told the F&C at Robin Hoods Bay are better though.

Pommette said:

Oh its been years since I've been there! I think I was expecting Andrew...and he's 24 now! I do remember it was absolutely beautiful...xx

Deffo agree on both counts! Mince pie is ace!!

Hmm! mince pie & gravy v north sea cod in batter? - too close to call - I think it cannot be an either or - ghas to be both! - a bit like deciding between your children lol

My hubby reckons my challenge is unfair! How good a swimmer are you?
Do you know I used to swim competitively? My training was 50 lengths or more a day - of butterfly! Not that I can do that now - I just sink!
So he reckons I ought to average 20 lengths per day!
Oh sh1t! I haven't swum properly for 15 years BUT are you on?
You still on 100 lengths per week me on 140.

I'll take a rain chck for now - but will need to sort out some membership - I also have to sort out a mountain bike and have a works challenge to tell you all about.

Oh yes! Like it Stevie babe! Loads of mini's descending on poor old Whitby...won't know what's hit em lol!

Even us Southerners can appreciate a good bit of fish you know...;)

Funny that, I always considered Northants the midlands or central England;)

Urban Myth;) - I prefer te Magpie Cafe in Whitby (despite the revolting decor and theme).

Which leads be nicely, well not so nicely to today's shenanigans and the weekend ruining moment my beloved Sunderland contrived to lose at home to N*wcastle in the Tyne v Wear derby game. Bragging rights to the Magpies and although disappointed, I feel it is hardly the end of the world. Meaning I'm either a) getting old b) Maturing or c) falling out of love with footy.

I suspect it is the last as this would have had me reaching simultaneously for Vodka and valium!

It wasn't all bad news though! - I walked an exciting 8.15 mile before the match. Then trudged a further 4.25 mile after it. Bizarrely 12.4 mile - the exact same I'd done in recent days but two competely different routes woud you believe?

201.4 miles and goal achieved. HOWEVER..... 201 miles in 20 days is good, but of course 300 miles in 31 days is going to be better!

So 300 miles is the revised target! (just 98.6 miles to go in 11 days lol).

I'll tell you about the other challenge when I get in from the Ramblers trip tomorrow night;)

Apparently it's a 10.5 mile ramble (with full backpack) From Grinton to Leyburn - North Yorkshire I believe! - hope it stay dry!!

S

Well done on the 200 miles. Fantastic Steve.

I'll wait until I hear your other challenge but I think I've got you running on this one!

Oh dear...I'm afraid my son Dan supports Newcastle which means the rest of us do by default! ;)

Good to see the walking is still going really well xx

I won't gloat too much about the footie, seeing as how my team just struggled to beat the Baggies :eek: We were dire first half. Still AVB is almost as lovely to look at as his mentor and predecessor ;)

Way to go with the 200 miles Steve........but doing 300 in 31 days........a tad showing off don't you think??? :D

Not going to join the footie conversation, as apparently, according to hubby, we are Man Utd...lol

Hi. It's taken me a long time to find you.

Irene xx

Dunno how Irene! - I probably walk past your door twice a day - or very near;)

I won't gloat too much about the footie, seeing as how my team just struggled to beat the Baggies :eek: We were dire first half. Still AVB is almost as lovely to look at as his mentor and predecessor ;)

Way to go with the 200 miles Steve........but doing 300 in 31 days........a tad showing off don't you think??? :D

Of course it's showing off. Only chance I get these days:p

Anyway, can briefly tell you about my new challenge. It is a double one - the company I work for are heavily involved in the 2012 Olympics, and as part of the countdown to the start of the games - using the them 2012 i.e. 2,012 km we are splitting into teams to either walk, run or swim 2,012km!

I've decided to do the 2,012km as a soloist:eek: and have to complete before the start of the games (not as bad as it sounds as approx 5km per day).

I'm also entering the team event and will have to do my share of 2,012km of swimming! - not sure how much I have to do as my share as the team sizes have not been determined yet.

Sadly, I don't run otherwise I'd have done the triple - though I am going to see if cycling is included and get a bike too!

Dunno why, but I find challenges are the best way to get a positive response;)

Speaking of which, 201.4 miles in August is now 213 miles exactly - after 11.6 miles added today.

I think the phrase I need rhymes with clucking bell (Blackadder :D) How do you ever get time to do anything else? Good on you for rising to the challenge...very impressed :):worthy:

Mad as a Hatter Steve! But good on you.

Let me know how many km you are allocated on the team swim and I'll take you on at that until the start of the Olympics. Can't match you on walking mind!

Hey Stevie babe,

You're a lean, mean walking machine! How do you manage to keep your motivation going for so long? I like walking but I could NEVER commit to what you're doing...I think you're fab!

Please remember your commitments to the harem though...you may need to set aside some energy and 2 minutes of your time for us...;)

Not going to join the footie conversation, as apparently, according to hubby, we are Man Utd...lol

Woman after my own heart ..........football, whats that?............

Please remember your commitments to the harem though...you may need to set aside some energy and 2 minutes of your time for us...;)

Harem:eek::love:

This is your mumsie here . I just popped in to say hi baby boy and made the shocking discovery that you have a harem !!!!!!!!:8855:

Congratulations Stevie you have done so well and I am really impressed with your tenacity.

2,012 kilometers sound mega impressive.
Proud of you boy child !!!!

:hug99: from mumsie xxxx

fillymum said:
Harem:eek::love:

This is your mumsie here . I just popped in to say hi baby boy and made the shocking discovery that you have a harem !!!!!!!!:8855:

Congratulations Stevie you have done so well and I am really impressed with your tenacity.
Proud of you boy child !!!!

:hug99: from mumsie xxxx

Is that of the walking or the harem lol! ;)

Both really Dawn. He puts up with a lot of stick and does it with such good a natured attitude.

He is a good baby boy and I am thrilled be his adopted mumsie :D

I couldn't agree with you more Sue xx

You raised him well ;) xx

I couldn't agree with you more Sue xx

You raised him well ;) xx

I tried, I tried:family2: it was hard at times but he always was a good little boy :innocent0002:

Back