From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

Hav to agree with you ladies...

Don't mind a bit of ruggedness..

But a beard Steve???

Not good! ;)

Don't like beards :mad:

I've told you before, shave yours off then Lou;)

Stop dissing me beard ladies! - Did none of you ever watch The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams? - what with all the snow around here it's essential man.

Mind you, 'tis grey/white! - I might just play Santa Claus at the Sunderland Empire at this rate:eek:

:cool:

Hope you're all raring to go for the weekend, I couldn't decided whtehr to go dancing at the weekend, or jogging. In the end I changed my mind and for a change I might watch some TV and stay in:cry:

At least I will get out on Monday - even if it is only to the Physio - I can then make plans to regaining some normality. A couple of well-wishers from work have advised me to take more time off and spend Christmas away from work. I just think they're after my desk. Ultimately, it is not my decision, but I don't fancy venturing anywhere with snow & ice on the ground.

Have a great weekend whatever you all decide:D

Steve

Yo Stevie babe!

Methinks it may be time you got the razor out Grizzly...! ;)

images

Please forgive me for I have synned.

I ate a box of Maltesers yesterday - for no other reason than they were there and calling me and such weak reasons!

I guess the combination of being stuck in the house, off work and winter season means this December will be a car crash and to be written off!

I blame hanging around you girlies for my new-found sweet tooth.

Mumma K said:
Am I the odd one out
I like the beard ( just saying ) ;)

Erm...

Yes! X

Maximus said:
Please forgive me for I have synned.

I ate a box of Maltesers yesterday - for no other reason than they were there and calling me and such weak reasons!

I guess the combination of being stuck in the house, off work and winter season means this December will be a car crash and to be written off!

I blame hanging around you girlies for my new-found sweet tooth.

Come on Steve x

Just because you can't exercise doesn't mean u can just give up on a whole month!

What about this challenge?

Our next meet will come round sooner than you think, and you'll be really pi**ed off if you haven't hit that century x

By all means have a few treats...its Christmas ffs! ....but you have to shake that negative attitude off now x

I know yr food has been brilliant today (although why u insisted on only having ONE chicken fillet I don't know!)...so I don't really think you're in danger of losing the plot completely...but you have to stay positive!

Or I'll set Sarah loose on you!

Ok? X

Today I changed strategy. I figure the best way and most traditional way to enjoy Christmas is like the Germans do, or more specifically, the Bavarians.

So I bought a Scwartzwaldenkirchentorte. Apparently they are free on Christmas day!

In case you didn't know or guess the above translates as black woods cherry gateau.

Tonight I discovered the best time to eat chocolate is of course After Eight- woohoo!

Yes Dawnie the meals are fine - no problem. The synnage is out of control. They are a good painkiller though lol. Also, at least I bought and paid for them - not like your cake which was stolen - and in church as well!! - shocking!

Hi Lola! ;)

So am I reading this right?

You're still cooking and eating sw meals, having your hex's etc...but going over syns?

I actually don't think that's a bad way to be. Still on plan, but having extra treats. It's what 'normal' people do at this time of the year. As long as you don't go too mad, it should be ok.

And I didn't even get any of the stolen church cake :cry: cos the greedy lt ate it all! Only 3 manky mince pies left...and I'm sick of mince pies now! :sign0137:

But I did come home with 2 bottles of punch!!! :drunk:

Maximus said:
You really should be taking this seriously Dawn - you used to be so good and 100% ;)

I know! I know!

I used to.be such a good girl!

And then I got to target...

And its just not as much fun now! :(

Cool pic btw! ;)

Si - very cool pic! Nice to see your face instead of things like the Angel of the North!

Yes Bev, but it should be taken as read, I remain the Angel of the North:p

Besides, with so much time on my hands, I even worked out how to use the technology available to me.

Quick update on my health;

Visited the physi today and the healing process is underway. She took my crutches after I told her I don't trust them in snow and ice, and also they hurt my hands!

I have to start the "mending" process by being subjected to some sort of machine which aids the tendons/muscles to repair correctly (I think that is the corrrect terminology). I have appointments for Thursday 22nd and Wednesday 28th.

Will see my own GP today as will need to get a a siknote after self-signing for first week. Will also book my annual diabetic review while I'm there and out of action.

Dental check-up, optician & contact lens review etc. basically while I have the free time, all those little things that I keep putting off!

Could be walking again, i.e. rambling, in 6 weeks.

Last edited:
Oy, Hopalong.

What's with the new pic?
The Devil of the North?

Are you planning on eating a whole box of chocolates every day, for your entire incarceration?
You might end up with as much to re-lose as me.
Which would mean we could have a Challenge. I know you like those, Mr Ultra-Competitive.

Steve, you sound like a [STRIKE]walking[/STRIKE] limping disaster area :D Still, nice to have the time to get all those pesky irritations out of the way and love the new photo. Who's a pretty boy then????????

JimofTroy said:
Oy, Hopalong.

What's with the new pic?
The Devil of the North?

Are you planning on eating a whole box of chocolates every day, for your entire incarceration?
Which would mean we could have a Challenge. I know you like those, Mr Ultra-Competitive.

Ooh...

Sounds to me like a gauntlet has been thrown down...!

Oy, Hopalong.

What's with the new pic?
The Devil of the North?

Actually, I forgot to mention in between the Maltesers and the After Eights, there was a box of liqueurs. In my defence, they were all small boxes.:cool:

Steve, you sound like a [STRIKE]walking[/STRIKE] limping disaster area :D Still, nice to have the time to get all those pesky irritations out of the way and love the new photo. Who's a pretty boy then????????

Stevie hearts this. You're not a stereotypical Chelsea-loving southerner Lorrayne!

Ooh...

Sounds to me like a gauntlet has been thrown down...!

Well all I can say is watch out January! I will be wound up like a coiled spring and raring to go. A 100% month and I will literally "will" myself back to where I need to be.

As expected got a two week sicknote, and on a selfish note it means I can concentrate on just getting better and not worry about the company going to wreck and ruin.

Roll on Jan 3rd!

Best thing about being on sick leave?

Too many to mention!

Worst thing?

Not having the excuse of having insufficient time to put off all those little things. Or in the case of tidying/cleaning MAJOR things. - Ok it isn't filthy or dirty in the traditional sense, but my spare room (where most of my gadgetry lives) is overflowing with kit and now needs tidying and for want of a better word, re-structuring!

I might find one or two items of long-lost kit that I've mislaid. Might even find a relative or two:eek:

This is where blokes fail miserably. Well, I'd always be suspicious of a tidy bloke right?
:p

Back