From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

Ages ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Evening all!

Just briefly popping on here to advise 4.5lb loss tonight and back in my SW target range - haven't announced my reduction to them yet as like the idea of being in my target range and not paying for a week or two.

Everyone loves a freebie, right?

Also achieved the 1lb in January challenge with 12.5lb lost. Current weight 10st 13.5lb

Now to keep below 11st:eek:

Thanks for all the well wishes, I haven't shuffled off this mortal coil quite yet you know;)

Slender Steve

Evening all!

Just briefly popping on here to advise 4.5lb loss tonight and back in my SW target range - haven't announced my reduction to them yet as like the idea of being in my target range and not paying for a week or two.

Everyone loves a freebie, right?

Also achieved the 1lb in January challenge with 12.5lb lost. Current weight 10st 13.5lb

Now to keep below 11st:eek:

Thanks for all the well wishes, I haven't shuffled off this mortal coil quite yet you know;)

Slender Steve

Would that be the 10lbs in January challenge, Slinky Steve? ;)

Well done on a good loss hunni :happy036: ...and just in time to impress the harem too! :worthy:

Well done on a fabulous loss! Its good to see your still alive and well ;)

Well done Svelte Steve! Fantastic loss and achieving the January challenge.

See you Saturday! :jelous:

Well done Steve for getting back into Target, and good luck with the maintaining:)

And, don't let those girls sabbotage your good work this weekend;)

Well done Steve for getting back into Target, and good luck with the maintaining:)

And, don't let those girls sabbotage your good work this weekend;)

Don't worry ginlin, he'll probably run off any excesses ;) think Benny Hill chasing scantily clad women and you will be on the right track :8855:

Off work today as basically recovering from the Superbowl as was up until gone 3am watching the American Footy last night/this morning. SO I had booked the day off.

I'm also recovering from the weekend and the fun minimins minimeet we had in the East Midlands.

It's only now I reflect on that journey home and how difficult it was and treacherous. At times it was really scary and visibility was almost down to zero as the frozen fog arrived. Worse was the fact that at times we were down to less than 20MPH on the flaming A1 - yes, not some backwater or minor C Road in the Scottish Highlands, but the bloody A1!!!

Beggars belief that cars were strewn all over the carriageways and the roads were NOT gritted!! - especially when everyone at the meet KNEW the weather was closing in. TBH I thought we'd be fine as assumed the main roads would be priority when it came to keeping clear! WRONG!!!

I kept in touch with some of the others and also back home as i headed north - very slowly. I had my first accident whilst driving last winter whan the car left the road into oncoming traffic, yet this was much, much more scary:eek:

I even contemplated pulling off the A1 and onto the hard shoulder and spending the night there. It was impossible to see your side of the road, the lines were gone and basically you were having to follow the car in front (at great distance) without brakeing at all, and trying to remain in its tracks to avoid the drifting snow and ice. Even that was difficult as the tracks were freezing and harsh on the tyres.

All of my washers were frozen, so was relying on the driving snow to keep the windscreen sufficiently wet in order to clear them once in a while.

Probably the only time I've ever been worried about driving and typically I was alone in the car at the time! on the plus side, I did have spare clothing, coffee, soup, food, blankets and a stove so was prepared for camping out if it got really bad.

You know there's nobody more patriotic than me when it comes to these fair isles, but sometimes, and Saturday was one of them times, it feels like we live in a third world or some pathetic little backwater where local authorities play Russian Roulette with people's lives for the cost of a few tons of grit and snowplough labour.

Brrrrrr! - still thawing!

Steve

...but really Steve, how was the drive home?????? :confused: :D

I know what you mean about this country grinding to a halt when there is a sprinkling of the white stuff. Heathrow airport can't cope with a couple of inches. Madness!!! In the US they get three feet dumped on them and they still manage to get around!!!!

Glad you got home safely xx

Lou, what impresses me is that in Russia - they get 10 feet plus drifts and dig a tunnel through it and drive to work!

Whereas we have local authorities and council spokesmen having their 15 minutes of fame every time.

5-4-3-2-1

and breathe....;)

Lou, what impresses me is that in Russia - they get 10 feet plus drifts and dig a tunnel through it and drive to work!

Whereas we have local authorities and council spokesmen having their 15 minutes of fame every time.

5-4-3-2-1

and breathe....;)

Acupuncture is what is needed lovey...... soothe your worried mind ;)

Hey Stevie :wavey:

It was a really rubbish drive home wasn't it? :( And it does sound like you got the worst of it :rolleyes:

But surely it was worth risking life and limb just to meet all us lovely girlies! :flirt2:

And for those enormous chips of course! :drool:

...but really Steve, how was the drive home?????? :confused: :D

I know what you mean about this country grinding to a halt when there is a sprinkling of the white stuff. Heathrow airport can't cope with a couple of inches. Madness!!! In the US they get three feet dumped on them and they still manage to get around!!!!

Glad you got home safely xx

It really is pretty disgraceful that my boy child's life and limb were put at risk as he says for the price of a few tons of grit.

As you know I live in slightly sunnier climes and would you believe that after our big freeze last Wednesday/Thursday that when we left home at 7a.m. the gritters had been out and the main road was gritted:eek: I didn't even know we had a gritter. And Stevie I consider Spain to be third world.

It took the system sometime to recover from the shock:D

Glad you enjoyed yourself Steve and that the girls were not to rough with you.

Acupuncture is what is needed lovey...... soothe your worried mind ;)

Would acupuncture cure a haemophiliac though Lou?

;)

Hey Stevie :wavey:

It was a really rubbish drive home wasn't it? :( And it does sound like you got the worst of it :rolleyes:

But surely it was worth risking life and limb just to meet all us lovely girlies! :flirt2:

And for those enormous chips of course! :drool:

I think I should point out at this stage, those MASSIVE CHIPS were actually potatoes. Technically they were a lot more healthier than we think:cool:

Why is it bloody impossible to eat healthy in this country without someone wanting to fill your plate with crap?

I reckon all these pub-owners are employes by Weightwatchers as saboteurs. Why else does a healthy grilled chicken kebab come with 3 different (syn-laden & creamy) sauces and a pile of pita bread and a couple of pound of spuds! - why did they look at me like I was some sort of alien when I enquired as to the availability of a ploughman's?;)

To think I had my wonderful superfree soup, and fruit etc. in the car:eek::eek:

I'll have to start taking this seriously or will be playing catchup again:eek:

On the plus side, the usual northeast freeze hasn't materialised, so that's something to be pleased about.

Would acupuncture cure a haemophiliac though Lou?

;)
Nay laddie - that's a condition that is incurable - by anything. But it really does work on some things. Especially non-bone and stress related.

I was a non-believer until I had back problems - all muscle, tendon and ligament related. I tried everything my qualified consultant ordered.

But fortunately my enlightened GP believed in alternative therapies and suggested acupuncture. And it worked like a dream! The pain disappeared over 4 weeks

So now I will never dismiss anything unless I've tried it myself.

Beggars belief that cars were strewn all over the carriageways and the roads were NOT gritted!! - especially when everyone at the meet KNEW the weather was closing in. TBH I thought we'd be fine as assumed the main roads would be priority when it came to keeping clear! WRONG!!!
The motorways in the West Midlands hadn't even been gritted! Although some of the little side roads with steep hills on them in Shropshire had!

As you say - beggars belief, and the different attitude of different councils.

Back