From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

Aww...can't blame a girl for trying I suppose...:sigh:

Can't compete with the Beautiful Nashville Nymph!!! ;)

Ah well...good job gorgeous hubby loves me!!! :bananalove:
And you're very trying ;)

Your hubby deserves a medal the size of a frying pan! your dancing emoticons are doing "the bump":p

Oh B*llcks!:eek:

The only good news is I am within target range....just. One pound more and I'd be over!

I thought I was doing so well, even though I do feel bloated! - well i do now after a large fillet steak and mountain of chips (healthy ones) with pied-high veg!

I was having that whatever the result of WI tonight. I guess with just two more weeks to go to our respective WI's I've probably handed victory to "Die kleine Wurst - though in fairness she deserves it for staying anywhere near to plan over in the land of plenty and being away from home so long.

I guess that makes me magnanimous - which is nice;)

Blimey, can't help wndering if I'm always going to swing wildly one way, then the other** with my weight now I'm at target.

I thought I was 100% and certainly put in the BM and stuff. I guess it just goes to show how easy it is to gain 4lb in two weeks - even easier than losing 7lb in one week.

Oh well, at least I don't have to pay next time.

I'm going to practice what I reach and from tomorrow, write it all down like I used to. Reaching target made me lazy and stop weighing, recording, couting and possibly over-indulging with portion sizes. At least I can nip it in the bud now rather than a few stone down the line.

Kind of wish I'd have one big blow-out in some ways. Never mind, take it on the chin, and tomorrow's another day.

**I know Dawn will have a field day with the swinging comment, so go on girl, fill your boots;)

Now Stevie babe,

I really thought you knew me well enough by now to know I would NEVER comment on anyones [STRIKE]sexual[/STRIKE] weight deviances.

I'm very disappointed :sigh:

But I shall rise above it :innocent0002: because I am the bigger person ( but not by much & probably not for much longer...:p )

So what's going on then Steve? From what you say, you've been ok all week :confused:

I think writing everything down is a step in the right direction :) I know it helps me.

Other than that I'm not sure what else you can do that you don't already do :confused:

I just think you're going to be one of those people who, (like me) can lose weight quite quickly but unfortunately (also like me) can put it on even more quickly :sigh:

Never mind hun, keep smiling :D

Cheers Dawnie - it amazes me that even at target i can have large gains and losses! - I wish I could do o.5 or even 1lb increments lol.

I was a stickler for logging everything but seem to "relax" when reaching target. - BIG MISTAKE!

I also believe extra easy went a little too easy ;)

Funny though I have not touched any of my "bad stuff" - you know white bread, butter, fry-ups, chippie food etc.

Probably reduced my fruit and veg - especially fibre.

It's good that I can't just switch off and hope to get away with it. I will be back to the old Steve in the next few weeks. ]

The thought of having to pay might push me over the edge:eek:

PS Don't by a kindle - makes you spend too long indoors. That's my excuse:cool:

Also, I thonk I am getting too carried away with the "Wow, look at you comments" again, I have to keep working at it, though I must say there is no difference in size or measurement between 10st 12 and 11st 5 - even though it is 7lb in weight.

So remember girlies, do as I say and not as I do:p

Hiya Steve,
Firstly never forget what you have achieved so far :)
And, secondly, as you say, go back to basics, writing everything down, checking syn values and healthy extras.... I'm only six months into SW, but feel that every few weeks I need to sit down and read the rules!;)

I normally do Ginlin - amazing how easy it is to "over-relax"

Syn values are never an issue as I keep a list of favourite "stuff" and never vary them. I think it was possibly a combination of being too easy on the extra easy, portion control being out of control and mixing up plans (schoolboy error).

Two weeks to get my head back in gear ;)

Steve

Hummmmmm - maintaining is never easy!

I've never reached my "final" target - gave up when I'd lost a tad over 2 stone through lack of motivation and support. But I managed to stick within ±3 lbs for 2 years by:
1. Diary - Diary - Diary - I continued to write everything down for another 12 months before it was so embedded in my brain that I didn't have to think about it. Bear in mind though that being an old fart if I didn't write it down as I ate it, I'd forget I'd had it :cry:
2. Adding just a few extra syns and one HeB per day. More than this I would gain.
3. Sticking to same portion size. If I ate more - I put on.
Female bits here - I was however menopausal so I think my body hadn't a clue what was was going on. You cannot claim this as your excuse !!!!

Basically - if I went off the straight and narrow, like I did last Xmas and put on a massive 7 lbs in 5 days, I was stuffed (both literally and proverbially).
I know that I'm going to have to careful for the rest of my life if I want to keep the weight off. And I know there are several people in your harem that have the same view, so maybe you are one of them too.

Hope that makes sense - if not just accept that it's the random ramblings of an insane old git living in the land of make-believe! :p

Thanks (bonny) lasses;)

Lynne, I like your confidence in me, you're right, I can do it easily, can and will are different words of course. The dangly carrot of not having to pay next time is a good one though:) Who doesn't like a freebie?

Pommette, you are not a million miles from your target. You seem happy enough being there and that's what is more important.

I still get people coming to me every day at work and commenting. It is very strange but the kep saying I should stop and not lose any more! - This tickles me, because a) I have gained 4lb so am not losing, and b) it is a healthy eating plan. I don't have any say what the scales produce each week.

I'm convinced people at work think I can pick my ideal weight by clicking my fingers! If the weight continues to come off me then all well and good. I eat well and more importantly I eat correctly. Some weeks I exercise more than others - depending on mood, time available etc.

I'm resigned (if resigned is the right word) to having the scales choose my weight each week, not me! - I'll choose the plan, the scales will choose the numbers

One thing I cant & won't do is having reached target to come off the plan! - I'm convinced non-SW'ers think that's how it works! I'm sure the local Greggs and Subway (right next to where I work) will survive the recession without your's truly;)

Anyway, the weekend is here so hopefully a good old recharge of the batteries is in order - including some colour and sunshine I hope!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Steve

Hi Steve
Enjoy your weekend. Are you out walking again?

I agree with you about the scales chosing the weight. I think mine are actually stuck again at the mo as it isn't looking good for a loss this week, even though I haven't strayed from plan (well apart froma few wines last night!)

No walking planned (though I will probably get out into the sunshine). A friend of mine is showing her Rottweilers and I may go there on Sunday, then again I recently joined a model club and have never been since April - really should show my face there. So much to do and so little time.

I'll let the weather decide lol.

96 mile is a bit much on a Sunday for a couple of hours dog show - even if it is to support a mate!

No walking planned (though I will probably get out into the sunshine). A friend of mine is showing her Rottweilers and I may go there on Sunday, then again I recently joined a model club and have never been since April - really should show my face there. So much to do and so little time.

I'll let the weather decide lol.

96 mile is a bit much on a Sunday for a couple of hours dog show - even if it is to support a mate!

A model club? Do you model beach wear or your boxers? ;) hehehe

Hopefully it is as nice a weather where you are as it is in Cornwall today. I hope you are having a fab weekend x x

Well I went shopping first thing (designer outlets cos that's the way I roll) I now have proper swimming attire for Florida, and NO - Don't even ask!!!

Then I decided to come home and have a baked potato after not being able to find exactly what I liked in "Spud-U-Like" so came home and did my own - with beans & salad.

To aid digestion, the sun came out and I walked. I did a slight extension to the old 4.5 mile standard route by doing a extra bit of the village - 5 mile sounds much more macho:cool:

I then tried sunbathing for an hour or so, but I get bored and gave it up as a bad job! - what a waste of sun spray lol. How people have the patirnce to sit or lie in the sun doing nothing is beyond me.

I then decided to throw a load of onions, peppers, mushroom & broccoli into a pan adding chopped tomatoes. That's most of next week sorted - just make pasta to go with it.

Now am meant to be testing a new radio I purchased (one of my many other interests is VHF/HF long distance communication) as usual the lure of the internet is too great.

THe Modelling, for the record (and benefit of Dirty Dawn and Saucy Shell:p) is nothing more racey than small gauge railway modelling. My inner geek is rising as my street cred drops!

Never mind, a few short weeks and I can be back to being a football hooligan;)

Well I went shopping first thing (designer outlets cos that's the way I roll) I now have proper swimming attire for Florida, and NO - Don't even ask!!!

What???
I'm sure I don't know what you mean!
:flirt2:

I then tried sunbathing for an hour or so, but I get bored and gave it up as a bad job! - what a waste of sun spray lol. How people have the patirnce to sit or lie in the sun doing nothing is beyond me.

Just as a matter of interest, and not that I'm bovvered or anything...but were you wearing the new speedos at all? :whistle:

THe Modelling, for the record (and benefit of Dirty Dawn and Saucy Shell:p) is nothing more racey than small gauge railway modelling.

:d'oh:

No speedos...? :sigh:

Well in that case...
:sad0071:

Well done on the walk btw ;) xx

Last edited:

Why not? I've posted a piccie of me in a swimsuit on my thread!

I did another 5 miles today, after breakfast (which was yoghurt & fruit)

I then topped up with fruit and salad (Asda) for the week and had a ham salad on my return. I re-arranged everything to visit the model club but nobody was there! - either they packed up, or more likely, having a break for the summer holiday. I guess if I bothered attending more often I would have known about this:eek:

On the plus side, I'm officially unsullied by "geekdom" - hurrah!

Means I have to wait all day now for my Sunday lunch - SW style, I've prepared garlic & herb roasties (with a touch of chilli! - all marinating in extra virgin olive oil and awaiting the Actifry treatment)) and will syn the yorkies and gravy. Chicken and veg are all free of course.

I'm gonna try 10 days without bread. I only eat the hex B allowance anyway, but am going to see if I can get around it altogether. Normally I have a sandwich most days at work. But will start trying to embrace extra easy more and utilise more fruite & veg (i.e. superfree).

I'm also upping the walking and amounts while the decent weather remains as it will soon be cold and dark nights. Means early (pre-work) starts and early evening strolls after work, So long as it is dry it is not a problem, if it rains, then I get to try my new waterproof jacket;)

Going to set myself a target of walking 200 miles in August - all outdoors so walking about in the house or at work don't count! - I'm determined to get some colour and NOT slip out of target range.

Besides, can't go back to Florida (September 22) looking like a bottle of milk can I?:eek:

Last edited:
200 miles? Is that all? Even The Proclaimers managed 500 :8855:
200 miles is one hell of alot and I hope you have decent shoes ;) Will you stop teasing us all about you going to Florida as well please :D I am sure you will have a fab time and so what if you look like a milk bottle... AT least you will be a skinny milk bottle now ;)

Steve!

Where are you?

Turn round and come back! Xx

Apologies for being pretty rubbish on here.

Today I'm in a very philosophical, almost contemplative mood. It is one year ago today, or the corresponding Saturday, we "buried" my best mate. It was at that moment I made the life-changing decison to change my entire outlook on life and lifestyle. Prior to that, my near-10 year relationship had ended so I was feeling low to start with. An unfortunate series of events around that time saw a terrible run of tragedies of losing very close friends. Five in all, and none of them natural, and all but one of them were young. The youngest left a widow and two kids under five!!

As a heavy-drinking, obese, insulin-dependent diabetic a few years back, I have now turned that around. 12 months so much has happened.

I don't even know what I want any more, I just know I have to become healthy, and it has now become an all-consuming passion! - My friends and work colleagues are worried about me as they say I've gone too far and lost too much weight.

How can that be so when I am at the high range of normal? - besides it is not merely the weight, but the fitness and well-being surely?

Why am I writing this on these pages?

Well, I know people on here "get it". People on here understand the struggle. Understand the obsession. I set myself a series of challenges. This month it is 200 miles walking. (ideally I want 300! - the rest I'll leave to The Proclaimers) I'M ALSO HAPPY TO LET THE BODY DICTATE THE WEIGHT AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

So long as I'm healthy, getting all my vitamins, proteins and following the plan with plenty of exercise, I'm happy. This month I have also decided to go without bread - whoolemeal or other for the month of August. This makes me think and plan ahead more rather than just knocking up a sandwich for work etc.

So apologies for the lack of posting, I do spend far too much time online - time I need to be spending getting fitter, planning that holiday to the F word (sorry Michelle lol).

I will eventually catch up with everyone and their diaries, but forgive me for appearing to be selfish at this time. No doubt Wednesday's weigh-in will probably have me back down to earth with a bump:eek:

Back