From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

I am here :D

I obviously don't have a life either :8855: I have a messy house I could be tidying but I am on here catching up :8855:

I do see your point but don't go overdoing it okay? ((hugs))

I need you back in one piece to motivate me again.

In fact could you please pop into my diary and challenge me to be 100% again as it worked very well last time, thanks very much :8855: xxxxxx

Ebay's rubbish!

Have you seen the price of a life these days? - I remember when ebay was cheap:(

Anyway, got to thinking of a new challenge. I'm always wanting to try new experiences and something new. I always waste money and buy gadgets etc.

Someone I know mentioned something rather exciting he's going to do soon. He's going to learn how to fly!

Oh yes!! Ladies and gentleman, this is your captain Stevie from the village welcoming you aboard Maximus Airlines flight 3721 to Slimsville. Woo hoo!

Much quicker than the Sunny Bus;)

I've no delusions of being a pilot by the way, (I don't drink enough so that rules me out immediately!) but quite like the idea of flying little Cessna's and let's face it, it sounds much better than collecting stamps!

Mile high eh? Lou;)

Aye aye cap'n - Get Jets!

:cool:

Jackie - when I get back from Florida, if it is anything like last time, I will be needing the help! - anyway, that sounds suspiciously like you've "dropped the 100% mantle" - what's to do Jax?

But Steve - be careful what you say when that Tillymax is about.
She's telling tales to Mum!

Evening Steve,

Well there's quite a few challenges there hun!

I think you could manage most of them, but do you really want to spend so much of your holiday doing stuff like that?

We all know how much you love a challenge (you'd have to what with the harem and everything ;)) but just make sure you don't overdo it! Remember you have harem duties to perform so make sure you come back in one piece! :)

Evening Princess;)

Firstly... 220 lengths a day? What the hell!!! I used to do 50 lengths a day before Christmas and that used to take a while!
It is great that you will be able to swim and swimming is one of the best forms of exercise you can get BUT that is alot everyday plus all of the walking etc... I think you may be walking like John Wayne by the end lol

Secondly your friend is learning to fly? Just tell him to flap his arms like mad and run off a pier and then swim back to shore and try again ;)

Not for lack of trying Lou?

Harsh. Very harsh :mad:

Why do you all do this to me?

second thoughts...

Why do I allow you to do this to me?

Erm...because we can!

And because you love it really! xx ;)

LOL. In fact PMSL :cool:

As Florida looms closer, I've decided on a series of mini challenges. Three of them, ranging from Easy, possible to improbable.

Easy is to walk to Publix supermarket and back each and every day (1m each way) in addition to all the walking around both Disney and Universal parks.

Possible is the pledge to use the pool at villa and swim 1m per day (each morning after breakfast) - this is where the maths test comes in! - the pool is tiny - 24ft long. To manage the mile, that is 220 lengths! - exactly 1m!

The final one is to go to Florida and NOT GAIN weight. Improbable, but this time I have no Disney dining plan with disgraceful amounts of free food thrown in. I also will be able to choose my own restaurants (wow! healthy options) as well as stock up on as much fruit & salads as I need.

Now very interesting to see our different reactions to these. Personally I think the swimming one is fine, the walking one - maybe not every single day - you might have a very busy day and not feel like walking an extra 2 miles ?? We were even closer to the Publix and never once walked it :eek:, however the one I really feel would either be setting yourself up for a fall or alternatively severely restricting your hols is to not gain any weight. By all means, aim for a minimal gain or STS but it's your holiday. Enjoy it, eat some stuff you don't normally have but don't go mad. As you said you have some control over it so hopefully you can find a lovely balance.

And please have a cinnabon for me - I can tell you all the locations in Florida or UK if you want :D

Secondly your friend is learning to fly? Just tell him to flap his arms like mad and run off a pier and then swim back to shore and try again ;)

LOL. Welcome back Michelle :D:D

Gail x

Maths test for today.

Possible is the pledge to use the pool at villa and swim 1m per day (each morning after breakfast) - this is where the maths test comes in! - the pool is tiny - 24ft long. To manage the mile, that is 220 lengths! - exactly 1m!
Yeah - you can do math (as the Yanks would say)! :checkmark:

mmmm think two are fine but the swimming one seems a little harsh when on hols... especially every day. Could you not say you want to swim x amount of lengths in total while there or so many miles but not make yourself do a mile every day?

I know you like a challenge but its supposed to be a holiday :eek: xxx

Good point, well made! - I'll do that. I'll limit myself to 220 laps per morning, or 14 miles in total;)
Err - ain't no difference to my brain! :eek: Are you just trying to befuddle us with the math?

PS In fact to actually swim a mile in a 24ft pool when you account for the turn-rounds at each end you need to add on some lengths. Our friends have one exactly the same size and when I swam in it based on time I found I had added about 25% in lengths to account for this. So 275 laps per day for your mile!!

Don't do it Steve - find a bigger pool or just settle for it being a relaxing chill out zone.

Bloomin' heck Steve......you did say you were going on holiday didn't you? I'm afraid the wedding is off!!! How can it go ahead? I had planned a gorgeously relaxing honeymoon, gentle walks along a white, sandy beach. Lazily feeding each other exotic fruits whilst lying in the hammock. Whereas you on the other hand, have probably got us down to swim a marathon and walk the equivalent of Lands End to John O'Groats :eek: No.. I've made up my mind. Nothing you can say will make me change it either. We're over, finito. Done. :cry:

Oh and I hope my team beats the cr*p out of yours today :D:D:D

Bloomin' heck Steve......you did say you were going on holiday didn't you? I'm afraid the wedding is off!!! How can it go ahead? I had planned a gorgeously relaxing honeymoon, gentle walks along a white, sandy beach. Lazily feeding each other exotic fruits whilst lying in the hammock. Whereas you on the other hand, have probably got us down to swim a marathon and walk the equivalent of Lands End to John O'Groats :eek: No.. I've made up my mind. Nothing you can say will make me change it either. We're over, finito. Done. :cry:

Chels - not to mention all the activity he has planned
Tonight I started planning properly. Or rather purchasing!

Tonight I ordered the following tickets.

14 days all Disney Parks
14 days all Universal Parks
Already have annual pass for Gatorland
Have booked match tickets and trip to go see my first American Football NFL game inc. transport and meal travelling from Orlando to Jacksonville to watch Jacksonville Cougars v New Orleans Saints - a 10 hour experience.
Booked tickets to Kennedy Space Centre to be an astronaut for the day (over the moon with that lol)
Also booked a couple of meals at the Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando -- a cool place to eat with all the rock and roll memoribilia on the walls etc.
oh and threw in a couple of rounds of crazy golf too just to relax a little.

You're right Bev, it just wouldn't work would it? Two very different people. Shame it has come to this but better the heartache now.........you know...before children come along and everything......... :cry:

Your challenge is to survive my visit on Sunday...

I'll take you in as a tattie and spit you out as chips -to coin a local phrase;)

Firstly... 220 lengths a day? What the hell!!! I used to do 50 lengths a day before Christmas and that used to take a while!
It is great that you will be able to swim and swimming is one of the best forms of exercise you can get BUT that is alot everyday plus all of the walking etc... I think you may be walking like John Wayne by the end lol

i have a low boredom threshold though but. Anyway, it will probably be too expensive. I looked into buying a small plane - suffice to say I would just hire them for day trips!

Harsh. Very harsh :mad:

LOL. In fact PMSL :cool:

Now very interesting to see our different reactions to these. Personally I think the swimming one is fine, the walking one - maybe not every single day - you might have a very busy day and not feel like walking an extra 2 miles ?? We were even closer to the Publix and never once walked it :eek:, however the one I really feel would either be setting yourself up for a fall or alternatively severely restricting your hols is to not gain any weight. By all means, aim for a minimal gain or STS but it's your holiday. Enjoy it, eat some stuff you don't normally have but don't go mad. As you said you have some control over it so hopefully you can find a lovely balance.

And please have a cinnabon for me - I can tell you all the locations in Florida or UK if you want :D

LOL. Welcome back Michelle :D:D

Gail x

Not a Cinnabon fan though Gail (Shock horror!!) not got a sweet tooth. I've got bluetooth but that's different:cool:

As they say, aim for the stars, fall on the moon - i.e. set your sights high, then if you fall short, then still got a good result.

Yeah - you can do math (as the Yanks would say)! :checkmark:

Err - ain't no difference to my brain! :eek: Are you just trying to befuddle us with the math?

PS In fact to actually swim a mile in a 24ft pool when you account for the turn-rounds at each end you need to add on some lengths. Our friends have one exactly the same size and when I swam in it based on time I found I had added about 25% in lengths to account for this. So 275 laps per day for your mile!!

Don't do it Steve - find a bigger pool or just settle for it being a relaxing chill out zone.

And this is why the yanks are sooooo lazy! - they even shorten a 5 letter word to a 4 lettered one. Disgraceful:D

Please, leave it! I'm sitting watching it as I type this and believe me it is not pretty. Chelsea ought to be ashamed of themselves - the equivalent of taking the proverbial out of someone with special needs. Sunderland are not at the races today:(

:8855::8855::8855: Brilliant! :D

Hi Maximus,

I have just been having a peek at your diary! :D

I absolutely LOVE Florida!! We go every couple of years!

Our next trip is Nov next year... My aim is to be at Target by then!! So I need to work my not so little, ass off for the next 12 months!! :bunnydance: LOL

Your challenge to not gain weight, whilst at Florida?!! Is that possible??!! :faint2:

(Funnel Cakes?!! :D)

I will definately want to know your secret when you do that... Having said that, if I get to target (sorry - WHEN) I will not want to ruin all my hard work with one holiday. :D

I am very envious of you going to Florida this year... I have to wait a whole 14 month! :cry:

He's too busy with JoT at the mo Chels. Not sure at what though!

Hi Maximus,

I have just been having a peek at your diary! :D

I absolutely LOVE Florida!! We go every couple of years!

Our next trip is Nov next year... My aim is to be at Target by then!! So I need to work my not so little, ass off for the next 12 months!! :bunnydance: LOL

Your challenge to not gain weight, whilst at Florida?!! Is that possible??!! :faint2:

(Funnel Cakes?!! :D)

I will definately want to know your secret when you do that... Having said that, if I get to target (sorry - WHEN) I will not want to ruin all my hard work with one holiday. :D

I am very envious of you going to Florida this year... I have to wait a whole 14 month! :cry:

I'm sure it will fly past those 14 months. I was there in May and I spent from August to April losing 6.5 stone getting to target for Florida.

I then gained 9.5lb in 2 weeks as went as the locals do:eek: - it did come off though as four weeks after getting back, I was 3lb lighter than when I went away!

I was lucky to go twice in 4/5 months as I needed to cheer myself up after a truly rubbish year or so in my personal life. I love Florida too! - it is not just a state, but a state of mind:cool:

Thanks for popping in Sugar Plum.

Is it safe to come out yet??????? :hide:

Hello lovely;)

He's too busy with JoT at the mo Chels. Not sure at what though!

No, I've put him down now.
Still standing - but only just!

(What a wuss...)

Maximus said:
I'm sure it will fly past those 14 months. I was there in May and I spent from August to April losing 6.5 stone getting to target for Florida.

I then gained 9.5lb in 2 weeks as went as the locals do:eek: - it did come off though as four weeks after getting back, I was 3lb lighter than when I went away!

I was lucky to go twice in 4/5 months as I needed to cheer myself up after a truly rubbish year or so in my personal life. I love Florida too! - it is not just a state, but a state of mind:cool:

Thanks for popping in Sugar Plum.

Hello lovely;)

6.5 stone.. That's Fab!! I can't wait till I have lost that much!!

No more worrying if I will fit in the seats!! Or worrying that the restraints will hold me, as I fly round on the Hulk!!! LOL

I don't blame you for going twice in a year, I would go every 6 months also if I could.

Food in Florida is just TOO YUMMY & there are far to many nice restaurants!! (especially at Epcot!!) but if you can loose the weight in just a couple of weeks you can afford to enjoy all the lovely food! :)

You will have to let me know what the Harry Potter ride is like, I have heard the seats are a snug fit!! (I am obsessed with restraints and seat sizes!!) I don't know why, as I have always fitted into rides I have wanted too. Just worried sick about being turned away from a ride!

Something I will not be worrying about next year!!! :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Surviving Sarah Special......

Sarah and I met in some godforsaken motorway service gaff. A couple of quickflashes of her headlights alerted me to her presence....she'd done this before, and I used to read the News of The World:eek: - never mind, we carried on "doggedly":eek:

With little time to lose, Sarah was late as she'd travelled from Northants to Washington by Ifracombe, Tiverton and Dawlish (wrong coast pet!).

We headed for God's own coast in Tynemouth and the once-thriving but now sedate seaside town of Whitley Bay and the nearby St Mary's Island. Typically, it looked like rain!

We decided to head across to St Mary's Island but were thwarted by the tide as the causeway was flooded and although I could walk on water (as you all know) Sarah, an accomplished swimmer was understandably tired after her 864 mile journey;)

A quick drink and set the old GPS on the iphone and we weren't playing games. We set off into the windy clifftops heading towards Tynemouth Priory. - The time went quickly - matching Sarah's gob stride-for-stride! :p - after the first 1.5-2 mile, the wind dropped and conversation was possible again. Damn! I'd have to listen now;)

I think it was 5.2 miles along the coast road to the pretty village/hamlet of Tynemouth. This was good going and a relatively uneventful walk - very easy with few inclines. We both agreed all of the miniminsters would and could enjoy this walk - especially in Summer. The rain which threatened on our arrival never came, and although the boy scout in me meant I carried waterproofs (and spares - cos I'm a gent me) they were not needed - although on several occasions I almost reached into the first aid kit for earplugs;)

We had a lovely cuppa in Tynemouth at Mr Woods Cafe - a firm believer in treat and reward, I think we deserved it - i actually deserved a medal!

In order to vindicate/justify
/warrant the Indian repast were were to have later (I booked 7-7.30) we agreed 10 miles should suffice. We'll never know the full and accurate distance, but as we reversed out tracks, (and added a little) the last recorded figure was 9.7 miles when sadly my iphone died - GPS hammers the battery. We figured it would have been nearer 11 all told, as there were a couple of "extra bits" we never recorded. Either way, we comfortably managed the 10 miles and in decent time too! (less than 4 hours).

It was time to negotiate the river and so being the great adventurer, we travelled to North Shields and went through the new Tyne Tunnel, to get back on the "civilised" side of the Tyne (The County Durham side). From there we headed to the metropolis of South Shields and the delights of Ocean Road, and the Royal Tandoori - a favourite haunt of mine, but I'd not been in over a year. Would they remember or recognise me???

Straight in, and seated (not even needing to check the reservation) I spoke to the owner/bossman and said to him "You don't recognise me" - well, you know me? - anything for a non-scale victory;) - he didn't recognise me - at least not at first!:( - then he realised and pointed to my skinnier face and no glasses! - he remembered! hurrah! I was famous again:p

He was genuinely impressed and although Sarah and I were hardly dressed for the restaurant, he was very impressed with our 10 mile effort we'd just done. This impromptu thing made me relax my normal cast-iron will and not worry about the order and forthcoming meal. Fair to say I was glowing with my NSV!

What happened next remains classified. Suffice to say I remained well within syn-limit, chose very well from the salad bar, and just wished Sarah could have been so dedicated, but hey, Sarah is on holiday, so I'll cut her some slack:)

No doubt Sarah's version will be riddled with untruths. Contradicting my series of events.

It was a great day, and surreal couldn't even describe some of the stuff we talked about! - It was great to meet Sassy Sarah, oops I mean Southbound Sarah, and I've no doubt we'll all get to do it again. Only next time we'll all have to wear spinach!

Cheers for the great company Sarah;)

Steve
x

Last edited:
Back