From Shabby to Stunning restarting 14 Jan 2013

Thanks Cobra, good idea. I also need to get some containers to put in left over chilli etc.

Tuesday
B: 35g Asda Swiss Style Muesli (HEB); Semi-Skimmed milk (HEA) with grapes, a banana and a nectarine.
Felt really hungry this morning
L: M&S Edamame Soya Bean Salad (2 syns) with chicken chunks and a M&S Count on Us Passion Fruit Mousse (4.5 syns)
Well worth it, was lovely :p
D: Bolognese made with a spicy tomato sauce (4 syns) served with a jacket potato and mixed vegetables.

Total Syns = 10.5
BP Medication = :checkmark:

Last edited:
I feel like I'm on a roll.... starting to get the hang of this SW business, but still lots of room for improvement :)Still feeling hungry in the mornings though - not sure why.
Read a 'being adventurous' thread, and got some really good ideas..
I'm soo boring - have been having more or less the same breakfast and lunch for the past few weeks, so each Saturday, I'm going to try a new recipe... (not a huge change, but still something to look forward to!) :p

Wednesday

B: 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB); Banana, Nectarine and a Pear.
L: M&S Quinoa & Edamame Soya Bean Salad with a soy and ginger dressing (5 syns??) with mackerel fillets in a tomato chilli sauce.
D: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese with a slice of garlic bread (5 syns)
Snacks: Muller Fat Free Honeyed Peach Greek Yogurt (0.5 syns)

Total Syns = 10.5
Exercise = C25K W1D2 :)
Water = 500ml

GlamUp said:
I feel like I'm on a roll.... starting to get the hang of this SW business, but still lots of room for improvement :)Still feeling hungry in the mornings though - not sure why.
Read a 'being adventurous' thread, and got some really good ideas..
I'm soo boring - have been having more or less the same breakfast and lunch for the past few weeks, so each Saturday, I'm going to try a new recipe... (not a huge change, but still something to look forward to!) :p

Wednesday
B: 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB); Banana, Nectarine and a Pear.
L: M&S Quinoa & Edamame Soya Bean Salad with a soy and ginger dressing (5 syns??) with mackerel fillets in a tomato chilli sauce.
D: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese with a slice of garlic bread (5 syns)
Snacks: Muller Fat Free Honeyed Peach Greek Yogurt (0.5 syns)

Total Syns = 10.5
Exercise = C25K W1D2 :)
Water = 500ml

Dead pleased its finally coming together :)

Cobra said:
Dead pleased its finally coming together :)

Thanks Cobra, spoke too soon, slipped up today though :(

GlamUp said:
Thanks Cobra, spoke too soon, slipped up today though :(

Did it make you feel better or worse for it ?

How did you slip up ??

Lisa xx

Did it make you feel better or worse for it ?

How did you slip up ??

Lisa xx

Thanks for asking Cobra...
It was cold and wet outside, and although I had my lunch in the office, I popped out to go to the post-office. Ended up buying a packet of Cadbury's Crunchie Rocks and had about half a packet, then a slice of carrot cake :mad:

Thursday
B: 35g Asda Swiss Style Muesli (HEB); Semi Skimmed Milk (HEA) with melon, apple and a banana.
L: M&S Orzo Pasta & Roasted Tomatoes with a basil vinaigrette (1.5 syns) with Mackerel fillets.

D: Prawn and vegetable Curry made with a Jalfrezi (5 syns) served with basmati rice.
S: Crunchy Rocks (14 syns); Carrot Cake (13 syns); M&S Peach yogurt (5 syns??)

Total Syns = 38.5 :eek:
Exercise = None (although wanted to go to the gym at lunchtime!)

Not happy :sigh:

GlamUp said:
Thanks for asking Cobra...
It was cold and wet outside, and although I had my lunch in the office, I popped out to go to the post-office. Ended up buying a packet of Cadbury's Crunchie Rocks and had about half a packet, then a slice of carrot cake :mad:

Thursday
B: 35g Asda Swiss Style Muesli (HEB); Semi Skimmed Milk (HEA) with melon, apple and a banana.
L: M&S Orzo Pasta & Roasted Tomatoes with a basil vinaigrette (1.5 syns) with Mackerel fillets.
D: Prawn and vegetable Curry made with a Jalfrezi (5 syns) served with basmati rice.
S: Crunchy Rocks (14 syns); Carrot Cake (13 syns); M&S Peach yogurt (5 syns??)

Total Syns = 38.5 :eek:
Exercise = None (although wanted to go to the gym at lunchtime!)

Not happy :sigh:

Maybe it's not as bad as you think ?? I don't think it is as bad as you are thinking at all, it's not as if you been to chippy and have fish chips and peas or summat !!

Carrot cake can be around 14 points sum are 7 some ( from costa coffee are 22 or summat daft )

8.5 syns for a bag of crunchie rockie, so that's not bad !!

Don't give yourself a hard time hun xx

Lisa xx

Work out how many extra syns you have (if u haven't used 15 each day)

Thanks, I plan to go to the gym first thing tomorrow, and reduce my syns between now and Monday's WI x

hi glamUp,
i find it easier to get through the day if i have a large bowl of fat free natural yogurt with a banana and half a tsp of brown sugar on top for breakfast,i do have one alpen light bar with it.longley farm natural yog or tesco or morrisons fat free fromage frais are syn free.
best wishes daisy

GlamUp said:
Thanks, I plan to go to the gym first thing tomorrow, and reduce my syns between now and Monday's WI x

Well Monday is ages away !! You can repair the damage hun !!

Lisa xx

cupcakedaisy said:
hi glamUp,
i find it easier to get through the day if i have a large bowl of fat free natural yogurt with a banana and half a tsp of brown sugar on top for breakfast,i do have one alpen light bar with it.longley farm natural yog or tesco or morrisons fat free fromage frais are syn free.
best wishes daisy

Sounds nice !!

Could you not swap brown sugar for a good sweetener ??

Lisa xx

hi cobra, i have thought about swapping my brown sugar for sweetener- even have a jar in the cupboard from a while ago.i love the crunchiness and it makes the natural yogurt more interestin',so i dont mind the syn usage.think i will try it one more time tho.daisyx

cupcakedaisy said:
hi cobra, i have thought about swapping my brown sugar for sweetener- even have a jar in the cupboard from a while ago.i love the crunchiness and it makes the natural yogurt more interestin',so i dont mind the syn usage.think i will try it one more time tho.daisyx

I'm really really fussy with sweeteners, there is only 1 that I like and that's called sweetness and light (got a pinky screw top lid) but I've searched all over and tried loads before I came across this.

Downside is that it's not stocked in all supermarkets all the time. So when I see it, I clear the shelves !! ... 16 jars in the kitchen now lol

Lisa xx

I’ve been MIA (missing in action), and I guess you know why.
I’ve been on and off plan for the last few weeks, and am very upset with myself. Why can’t I just stick to anything... I give up at the first hurdle and always looking for an excuse to stop the plan.
:cry:
So, from tomorrow (3[SUP]rd[/SUP] July) I’ve decided to just take SW one day at a time... no pressure, no worrying about tomorrow or next week or next month... just planning one day at a time. Still hoping to get to target by Christmas, but I think mentally I see that as too much of a challenge.
If I do fall off the wagon (which I’m hoping I won’t), I’ll just begin the next day afresh – not next Monday or the first day of next month... tomorrow!!

I’ve also plan to tie in my weight loss with an image transformation... For some reason, I think that since I’m overweight, I can’t wear nice clothes, or do my nails or wear eyelashes or even wear eyeliner... I caught a glimpse of my reflection in a mirror on Saturday (I normally don’t look in the mirror – even when I’m getting dressed), so it was an awful shock... I looked so plain and frumpy.
Not sure how I can tie the two in, but I know I have to do something. I’m so ashamed of how I look. I’d hate to see anyone from my old school or university. I guess they’d be shocked at how I’ve let myself go.
:eek:

Hi Hun..

You are back and thats the main thing.

What is it that is stopping you from achieving your goals ??

Where have you gone wrong hun ??

Are you fully understanding the diet ?? What are you on ... ee red or green ??

Are you staying for your Meetings ? Have you got a supportive consultant?

Lisa xx

Hi Hun..

You are back and thats the main thing.

What is it that is stopping you from achieving your goals ??

Where have you gone wrong hun ??

Are you fully understanding the diet ?? What are you on ... ee red or green ??

Are you staying for your Meetings ? Have you got a supportive consultant?

Lisa xx

Thanks Cobra,
I'm not sure where I'm going wrong... Well, I do - lack of motivation :)
I definitely feel that I understand the plan - although I think Extra Easy might not be the plan for me... Too easy to eat rice, pasta, potatoes etc.
Unfortunately, I don't go to meetings. I'm quite a shy person, and find it a bit daunting.

Hi,

I've been going through your posts and your last one and I can only encourage you to go to group, you will find everyone is in the same situation and I personaly find it keeps me on track as I weigh in on a tuesday, if I go over my syns at the weekend I compensate sun/mon/tue. The whole point of slimming world is changing the way you eat and look at food not depriving yourself or going hungry.

I would definitly advise not using store bought salads and sauces because their syn content is usually atrocious! or if you really don't want to make your own salad up why not buy the salad bowls (tesco/sainsburys..etc do mixed veg ones with dressings on the side so if you used balsamic vinegar instead it would be syn free and you could then add tuna, chicken...) I make all my meals syn free so if I do have a craving or end up going out to dinner I have the option of flexible syns.

Making sure you eat the syn free yoghurts where possible is great as well as from what I can tell the idea of cooking/dieting is difficult for you so if you could just reach into your fridge and have a couple of things on hand that were syn free it would makes things easier for you!

And last but not least, set yourself some goals, bigger and smaller ones, I find it helps motivate me to lose the weight and stick to plan when I have something nice planned!!!

Good luck

Anniebee

Hi,

I've been going through your posts and your last one and I can only encourage you to go to group, you will find everyone is in the same situation and I personaly find it keeps me on track as I weigh in on a tuesday, if I go over my syns at the weekend I compensate sun/mon/tue. The whole point of slimming world is changing the way you eat and look at food not depriving yourself or going hungry.

I would definitly advise not using store bought salads and sauces because their syn content is usually atrocious! or if you really don't want to make your own salad up why not buy the salad bowls (tesco/sainsburys..etc do mixed veg ones with dressings on the side so if you used balsamic vinegar instead it would be syn free and you could then add tuna, chicken...) I make all my meals syn free so if I do have a craving or end up going out to dinner I have the option of flexible syns.

Making sure you eat the syn free yoghurts where possible is great as well as from what I can tell the idea of cooking/dieting is difficult for you so if you could just reach into your fridge and have a couple of things on hand that were syn free it would makes things easier for you!

And last but not least, set yourself some goals, bigger and smaller ones, I find it helps motivate me to lose the weight and stick to plan when I have something nice planned!!!

Good luck

Anniebee

Thankyou Anniebee, your post is truly appreciated.

I 100% agree with Anniebee. Don't give up Glam up, remember why you started in the first place?

Back