From Shabby to Stunning restarting 14 Jan 2013

Aww Hun,

I really do sympathise with not wanting to go to group BUT it's proven that people who go to group loose more !! You are not alone in how you feel tho dolly, many people feel like you and many people who have met new friends !!

Everyone who goes to meetings have the same main problem which is they want to loose weight and cannot do it on their own.

Sending big hugs xx

Lisa xx

Thanks for all your support Cobra, I know what you mean about going to group, but I just hate the weigh-in etc.
So today I did Extra Easy, and didn't find it too bad at all...

Tuesday 3 July - Extra Easy
B: 35g Asda Swiss Style Muesli (HEB); SS Milk (1/2 HEA); Banana, Pear and some grapes.
L: M&S Quinoa & Edamame Soya Bean Salad (4.5 syns) with mackerel fillets.
D: Leftover Bolognese with a jacket potato and grated cheese (1/2 HEA)
Snacks: Muller Fat Free Honeyed Peach Greek Yogurt (0.5 syns) and 4 Reduced Fat Rich Tea Fingers (5 syns)

Total Syns = 10
Exercise = C25K W1D1 (Decided to start from Week 1 again) :)
Water = 500ml
BP Medication = :checkmark:

Last edited:
EE is great it's what I'm on !!

Keep in mind the super free foods !!

Melon is a great speed food aswell that I can literally chop it up and munch on it all day long and I eat lots of stir frys as it takes a few mins from scratch and it gets all the veg in that I need.

And btw NO ONE likes wi especially with other people around :)

Hope you don't think I'm pushing you, I really don't mean to !! I just really think you need the support of a group to help you through, as I know that at times you really will need it hun.

Lotsa luv
Lisa xx ;)

EE is great it's what I'm on !!

Keep in mind the super free foods !!

Melon is a great speed food aswell that I can literally chop it up and munch on it all day long and I eat lots of stir frys as it takes a few mins from scratch and it gets all the veg in that I need.

And btw NO ONE likes wi especially with other people around :)

Hope you don't think I'm pushing you, I really don't mean to !! I just really think you need the support of a group to help you through, as I know that at times you really will need it hun.

Lotsa luv
Lisa xx ;)

Thanks Cobra,
I don't think you're being pushy at all, it's encouragement - which is what I need!

Stir Frys sound good - what sauce do you use? As I heard some can be very high in syns.

Was so busy yesterday, had sports day and after school activities, so couldn't post!

Yesterday, I had another Extra Easy day:

Wednesday 4 July - Extra Easy
B: Alpen Light Bar (1/2 HEB), Banana, Apple and an Activia FF Yogurt (0.5 syn)
L: M&S Soya Bean Salad (2 syns) with a tiny sweet potato.
D: Basmati Rice with Spicy Chicken Thigh (bought from the supermarket) and a nectarine (does this count as 1/3 superfree?)
Snacks: 4 Rich Tea Fingers (5 syns) and a couple of Wispa bites (3 syns)

Total Syns = 10.5
Water = 500ml
BP Medication =
:nono:

Last edited:
Hi hun, I don't use a sauce, as I don't need one !

Bag of Veg stir fry from supermarket
Bag DRY sharwoods egg noodles (tesco do them) they have 6 individual portions ... just put em in boiling wather for 3 mins and drain, whilst they are draining add soy sauce to them, gives them a nice colour

tin of waterchestnuts.... use half the tin and slice it... not the juice tho !
spring onions and what ever else you want to throw in it.... broccoli is nice, but you need to cut it quite small ( fry all this for a few mins in fry lite) fry all this for a few mins together

chicken breast, sliced really thin so it cooks quickly,
garlic (powder or fresh)
salt and pepper
soy sauce

mix chicken, garlic, salt and pepper and soy sauce, and fry for a few mins till chicken is cooked... it should take no more than around 4 mins really.

Throw all your veg, bag of stir fry and water chestnuts and noodles in a wok... or big frying pan, add some more soy sauce and fry for about 4 mins....

serve.

Good thing about this, is you can cook batches of chicken, and all your veg etc, so if you ever want a quick snack at night, its all cooked ready, you just need to add stir fry veg to it, so it only takes around 4 mins.

You could if you wanted add a spoon of sweet chilli dipping sauce to the chicken whilst you are cooking it... I think it is around 1 syn for a spoon full.

Lisa xx

That sounds good, thanks.

Thursday 5 July - Extra Easy
B: 35g Asda Swiss Style Muesli (HEB); SS Milk (1/2 HEA); Banana and Kiwi
L: Salad leaves with Tesco Chicken Breast Tikka Fillets (0.5 syns) with an Activia Yogurt
D: Pork Ratatouille with chilli cous cous (1.5 syns)
Snacks: 12 Rick Tea Biscuits (15 syns) :eek:

Total Syns = 17
Exercise = Busy at work, didn't make it to the gym :(
Water = 500ml

Last edited:
Just a quick update - been quite busy...

Friday 6 July - Extra Easy
B: 35g Asda Swiss Style Muesli (HEB); SS Milk (HEA); Banana and Kiwi
L: Salad leaves with Flamegrilled Chicken Breast Fillets (0.5 syns) with an Activia Yogurt
D: Tuna Bolognese with wholewheat spaghetti (2 syns for the pasta sauce)
Snacks: Selection of treats at work (>15 syns??)

Saturday 7 July - 'off plan'
Was out all day Saturday, so knew I would be 'off plan'. Not too upset by it, as I said, I'm taking this journey one day at a time.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Good for you for persevering hon - all the very best for your journey! I find the time I am most tempted to snack is in the evening after my son has gone to bed, and have discovered that if I clean my teeth as soon as he goes rather than waiting until before I go to bed, it stops me snacking in the evening because I couldn't be bothered to clean them a second time :D

Thanks Alderica x

Alderica said:
Good for you for persevering hon - all the very best for your journey! I find the time I am most tempted to snack is in the evening after my son has gone to bed, and have discovered that if I clean my teeth as soon as he goes rather than waiting until before I go to bed, it stops me snacking in the evening because I couldn't be bothered to clean them a second time :D

Ha ha like it !!

Yay, managed to lose another 2lbs - over two weeks - but still happy :)

Monday 9 July - Red

B: Weetabix Oaty Bar (HEB); Banana and Kiwi
L: M&S Egg & Ham Salad with a salad cream dressing (2.5 syns); Activia Yoghurt and Kiwi
D: Jacket Potato (HEB) with Bolognese made with a pasta sauce (4 syns) and cheese (HEA)
Snacks: Cherries

Total Syns = 6.5
Exercise = C25K W2D1
Water = 500ml

Not a great day today, but still did OK, seeing as I had less than 10 syns yesterday..

Tuesday 10 July - Extra Easy

B: 35g Asda Swiss Style Muesli (HEB); SS Milk (HEA) Banana and Grapes
L: M&S Rice Salad with a chilli dressing (3 syns); M&S Raspberry Yoghurt
D: Rice with Chicken Stew (5 syns??) and mixed vegetables
Snacks: Brevita Crunch Yoghurt Bar (12 syns)

Total Syns = 20

Water = 500ml

Yay, I'm back!!
With every intention of doing this properly :)
Looking at everyone's weight loss diaries has made me realise it is possible - I just need to stick to it!!

Monday 30 July (Red Day)
B: Banana + 35g Muesli (HEB) + Semi Skimmed Milk (HEA) + cup of tea (with sweetner)
L: M&S Santini Salad with French Dressing (3 syns) + Mackarel Fillets in Brine + M&S COU Fat Free Yogurt + grapes
D: Tuna Bolognese (made with Asda Extra Special Tomato & Chilli Pasta Sauce) (5 syns) + Jacket Potato (HEB) + Cherries
Treat: 2 Foxes Biscuits (7 syns). So not worth it!!

Exercise: BodyPump. Legs are killing me. Couldn't walk down the stairs this morning.
Total Syns = 15

Tuesday 31 July (EE)
B: 35g muesli (HEB) + whole milk (HEA) + nectarine + banana
L: M&S Beetroot salad with creamy dressing (3 syns) + turkey tikka chunks + kiwi + apple
D: Chicken & vegetable curry (6 syns as made with LG Jalfrezi Sauce) + Basmati rice.
Treat:
M&S Passionfruit mousse (4.5 syns)

Exercise: C25K W3R1. Legs still hurting!
Water: 500ml
Total syns: 13.5 syns

Last edited:

Wednesday 1 August (EE Day)

B: 35g Asda Swiss Style Muesli (HEB) + Semi-Skimmed milk (HEA) + banana + a few grapes to bulk out the muesli :)

L: M&S Orzo Pasta & Roasted Tomatoes with a basil vinaigrette (1.5 syns) + 2 boiled eggs + kiwi
D: Classic Spaghetti Bolognese (from SW Mag) + Jacket Potato + Garlic Bread (5 syns)
Treat: M&S Chocolate Mousse (4.5 syns)

Exercise: None Planned.
Water: 500ml
Total syns: 11 syns

Cannot believe today is the 1 August already... It'll be Christmas soon!!
Oh yes, I must remember to join the Christmas Challenge.
There is something like 21 weeks until Christmas - therefore could lose 21lbs by Christmas - just by losing 1lb a week :D

On another note, you may remember that I'm not just trying to lose weight, but change from a frumpy middle-aged woman to a fabulous looking mother!
So, at the beginning of each month I'm going to focus on a beauty area.
Today, I went into Boots, and they have Q10 Firming Lotion and Body Oil for half price - so seeing as today is the first of the month and it was on special offer - I decided that the month of August will be to focus on my skin (which I am normally happy to neglect!). So I'm on a roll... sticking to plan and focussing on beauty
:D

Last edited:
good for you Glamup, you can do it I am sure, when we look after ourselves a little more, nails done, quick pedicure, bath and then nice smelly moisturiser it also makes us feel better about ourselves and then we do better at our plan....thats my theory anyway :)

good for you Glamup, you can do it I am sure, when we look after ourselves a little more, nails done, quick pedicure, bath and then nice smelly moisturiser it also makes us feel better about ourselves and then we do better at our plan....thats my theory anyway :)

Thanks boncuk.
I agree with your theory. When I feel fat and ugly, I eat everything in site.
So I aim to start looking after myself (health and beauty), hopefully I'll stick to plan too...

Hi Glam Up I've been following sw for 7 weeks now and I also take each day at a time. I follow mainly green days plus I have set myself 1 stone targets and once I reach them I treat myself to something I bought a watch with my first 1 stone weight loss. Another tool I use is for each pound lost I put £1 in a tin so when I reach my goal I can buy myself a whole new wardrobe. Glad to see you are now back on track :D

Back