From Tooty Frooty to Hottie Tottie!

I know this thread is meant to be about my weight but AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh my husband drives me crazy at times!!! He shouted at my little boy for not staying in his bed, which just made him sob his little heart out, then he had the cheek to tell me to go up and sort him out whilst I was on the phone to my sister, having a very serious conversation about our mum!! I'm so angry with him.

I had to finish up talking to my sister and go and calm my sobbing son down. Now he's away out to the driving range. I blooming hope he doesn't come back as right now I want to shove his golf club where the sun don't shine!!! :rant2:

Oh, and now I wan't to stuff my face with junk. Luckily I don't have anything, apart from a big bag of minstels, but I don't want to ruin my hard work and let him win!! Off to search the cupboards for something I can have that won't completely blow the diet! :sigh:

Ooooh men are just so annoying!!! WTG you for not wanting to ruin things.

Just came across your diary, so thought I'd pop in and say hi :) Well done for not letting yourself ruin your hard work! I tend to reach for the choccie when I get annoyed too, it's a hard habit to break!

Do not let him ruin all your hard work. Men can be such ........not sure what to put there but whatever I put I would get told off :8855: Don't let him talk to you like that. My hubby can be like that. Loses it over the most stupid things. ie tea towel falls in the dogs water bowl, or hes washing up (yep he does wash up its his only job and god dont we know about it:8855: ) something falls back in the bowl and omg the noise he makes, he'll yell at everyone cos its always someone elses fault. What do I do. I ignore him, as he didn't come running when I was cooking, cleaning, hoovering, tidying up, working etc so I don't run when he wants help either. lol

I am so proud of you for not letting it get to you. xxxxx

bananas and beauty!

banana fritter(ish) pud - i put on medium heat and just keep eye on them until skin has turned black - all depends on the size, but they are yummy - realy comfort food :)

im a health care worker for my sins, but re-trained in various beauty treatments (nails and lashes) during my mat leave and am now doing the 'ground work' ie. practising and fine tuning, whilst slowly building up client base so that i can hopefully take beauty up full time in a year or so (another goal!)

im really determined to lose this weight, because i feel its holding me back .. i need to feel good about my own appearance before going putting myself out there

Just came across your diary, so thought I'd pop in and say hi :) Well done for not letting yourself ruin your hard work! I tend to reach for the choccie when I get annoyed too, it's a hard habit to break!

Hey there, thanks for popping in to read my diary :wavey:

I am very proud of myself as I didn't give in to the minstrels and had my quark dessert thing with my alpen light bars (my saviour recently!!) I was polishing my halo as I was eating it!! :8855:

How's your own journey going? Off to have a look at your diary now xx

Afternoon all :wavey:

I'm pleased to say I didn't let Mr Tooty's bad attitude ruin all my hard work, although I did have my quark dessert thing with the alpen light bars as I just needed to have something sweet. I'd already used my 2 HEXB choices yesterday so I just synned it and coming in at 8 syns I think it was a better choice than eating a cinema size bag of minstels at 36 syns! :eek:

Jackie, Mr Tooty does exactly the same as your hubby. Why is it they do the littlest job around the house, like something us multi-tasking females would do in a blink of an eye without thinking, but they want us to kiss their feet, sing their praises, give them a medal and put them on a pedestal!!! :rotflmao: They don't know how easy they've got it do they!! :girlpower:

So, onto today and I am home alone!!!!!!! :eek: :faint2: We had an absolutely horrendous night with the baby and he cried almost all night long, with just a short reprieve every so often (probably to psyche himself up for the next batch of screaming!!!) :grumble: I succummed and got him up at 5.30am as he was going to wake the whole neighbourhood, and low and behold his first ever tooth has cut through!! :wow: :party0019: I honestly thought he was going to be have to be fed mashed food for the rest of his days!! :8855:

So, at 8.30am I got Mr Tooty out of bed and had a lie down myself as I was zonked!! Before that my tummy had been feeling decidedly dodgy and I had made numerous trips to the loo! Had a few hours sleep and woke up feeling a lot better :D

So for today's meal plan...not got a plan as such, saturday is normally a danged day for me, but Mr Frooty has taken the boys out to the park for the afternoon so I can have some 'me' time so i'm going to do some tidying up and have some quality minimins time! :D :D

Breakfast: activia snackpot yogurt, banana

Lunch: Mild brocolli and cheese pasta n sauce (1/2 syn) with 28g parmesan cheese grated over it....not had one for ages so really enjoyed it.

Dinner: Think i'll make a mushroom and lentil loaf and have it with potato wedges. Yummy

Will probably use some syns up tonight having some crisps and choccie, or maybe just choccie. Mr Frooty is going out to his uni reunion so i'll have the night to myself so will be nice to have a wee treat after my good behavour yesterday :D

Not much else happening today, and don't think i'll have any super speed soup as I think that's what made my tummy funny!

Will report back later

Go you Tooty. You'll be hotty tottie before you know it!

banana fritter(ish) pud - i put on medium heat and just keep eye on them until skin has turned black - all depends on the size, but they are yummy - realy comfort food :)

im a health care worker for my sins, but re-trained in various beauty treatments (nails and lashes) during my mat leave and am now doing the 'ground work' ie. practising and fine tuning, whilst slowly building up client base so that i can hopefully take beauty up full time in a year or so (another goal!)

im really determined to lose this weight, because i feel its holding me back .. i need to feel good about my own appearance before going putting myself out there

I am so going to try that. I wonder if I could just use golden syrup (although not sure of they syns) as I've not got any maple syrup in and it's sooooooooo expensive that I grudge paying for it. Ooooh, I bet it would be amazing with a scoop of ice-cream too :drool: My mouth just filled up with saliva there!! Hehe.

That'll be great when you're doing what it is you really want to do. Tbh, I hate my current job and would love to re-train as a health visitor but we just can't afford it, and there's so few nursing jobs out there at the moment that I think i'll be stuck where I am for the time being. Well done you though for following your dream. :D

Hope you're having a good day x

Tooty Frooty said:
Hey there, thanks for popping in to read my diary :wavey:

I am very proud of myself as I didn't give in to the minstrels and had my quark dessert thing with my alpen light bars (my saviour recently!!) I was polishing my halo as I was eating it!! :8855:

How's your own journey going? Off to have a look at your diary now xx

Well done :D I might have to give your dessert thing a go, I've been a bit grumpy the last few days and it's so hard to stop myself giving in and eating junk.

I think I'm doing ok, I've stuck to plan and have been getting exercise in when I can. Will find out on Monday though as it's first weigh in day!

Well done :D I might have to give your dessert thing a go, I've been a bit grumpy the last few days and it's so hard to stop myself giving in and eating junk.

I think I'm doing ok, I've stuck to plan and have been getting exercise in when I can. Will find out on Monday though as it's first weigh in day!

It's honestly delicious and feels like you're really having something. Happy to give you the recipe if you're going to try it.

Will be keeping everything crossed for you for monday. Well done on doing the exercise. I joined the gym before xmas, but haven't been for so long. I just don't have the time or energy to go after looking after my two boys all day.

thought about going into nursing, but all the nurses at work put me off lol .. always moaning about paperwork, not enough hours in the day lol

yeah im sure the fritters from the chinese must be golden syrup, only used maple as happened to have small bottle someone brought back from canada hols, lol

your quark dessert sounds lush, im sure you have recipe on here somewhere but cant seem to find it - could you re-post and also how many syns?

dont get me started on husbands .. im coming to the end of my maternity leave - or should i say 'holiday' as he calls it grrrr and half the things i wanted done have been left untouched yet he moans when ive left bit of washing up or his shirt is not ironed, drives me mad
im giving another week to get everything fixed or im calling in a handyman and he can foot the bill

also shouts at harry, drives me mad hes only a baby for goodness sake .. i call him a 'fair weather father' brilliant when harrys in happy cheeky mood, but when grizzling or waking up in the night or needing attention my husband is such a miserable so and so!!

he too has driven me to bingeing for comfort in the past .. perhaps if we all divorced our husbands we'd be supermodel slim, lol

Last edited:
thought about going into nursing, but all the nurses at work put me off lol .. always moaning about paperwork, not enough hours in the day lol

yeah im sure the fritters from the chinese must be golden syrup, only used maple as happened to have small bottle someone brought back from canada hols, lol

your quark dessert sounds lush, im sure you have recipe on here somewhere but cant seem to find it - could you re-post and also how many syns?

dont get me started on husbands .. im coming to the end of my maternity leave - or should i say 'holiday' as he calls it grrrr and half the things i wanted done have been left untouched yet he moans when ive not left bit of washing up or his shirt is not ironed, drives me mad
im giving another week to get everything fixed or im calling in a handyman and he can foot the bill

also shouts at harry, drives me mad hes only a baby for goodness sake .. i call him a 'fair weather father' brilliant when harrys in happy cheeky mood, but when grizzling or waking up in the night or needing attention my husband is such a miserable so and so!!

he too has driven me to bingeing for comfort in the past .. perhaps if we all divorced our husbands we'd be supermodel slim, lol

Love the fairweather husband thing, that's what my hubby is for sure. He also thinks he's the one with the hard life....ooh, don't get me started, I'm having a lovely day without them all. I know that sounds bad, but it's so nice to have a few hours peace and quiet. Off to make a mushroom & lentil loaf now, or they'll be home and i'll still be sat here!! lol

My quark thing is
2 alpen light bars..choc n fudge or double choc (HEXB) broken up in a dish then micro'd for about 30 seconds till a bit chewy and gooey

1 tub quark
1 activia snackpot yogurt (i've used cherry up till now, but you could use any syn free yogurt)
1 white choc options (2 syns)

Mix quark, yogurt and options in a dish till smooth....stir in the melted alpen lights and voila!! That's it. Uses up one HEXB choice and 2 syns...or 8 syns for the whole thing if you've got no B choices left.

Right, off to do some housework and cooking. Speak later x

But stick to plan and you won't be soon. This time next year you will be looking back at size 20, with me, and laughing... no comfort eating okay? otherwise we will be a size 22.... 18's, 16's, 14's, 12's here we come :D:D:D:D:D think positive hun. Its hard sometimes but lets look forward okay? xxxxx

ps can you come and cook me some tea please cos I cba :8855:

size 20

have you got this months slimming world mag .. read the article on last page from founding member (cant remember her name, woops) it really inspired me and made me determined to do it this time .. i have spent every summer for the last 3 years covering myself up and feeling sorry for myself but no more - this will be the last summer i wear size 20 !! dont stress how you look now, think how you will look in two weeks, two months .. next summer!! ok so we're all overweight now, but at least we're taking positive steps, keep at it you will get there, you'll be the one wearing the vest tops and shorts etc - and remember your size is just a number, and you can control wether it goes up or down .. so yes i too am a size 20 ... for the moment, but im looking forward to being a size 16 (or less!) by xmas :)

Thank you Jackie and Lashes...yes, you are both right. I refuse to give in to this and am determined more than ever to get rid of this flab and get into smaller clothes!!

I have actually been lurking on this site for quite a few months now, but just looked at the recipes. It was only when I posted that thread that I got so many lovely replies....especially yours, Jackie, that I realised that I don't have to be this way forever...it is up to me to change my ways...and I AM a strong enough person to do that. :thankyou:

As for the food since I last posted, I made a couple of boiled eggs before I went to asda so that I wasn't tempted by naughties while I was walking round. I had to buy Mr Tooty a pizza from the pizza counter :rolleyes: but I knew I was going home to my lovely lentil loaf so I was fine with it.

I didn't even buy the usual big bag of maltesers or minstels for me and hubby to share as I knew he was going out tonight and I might be tempted to eat the whole bag, so I got a packet of curly wurlies...about to go and put one in the freezer now, and some cracker type things that are 12 syns for the bag, but I'll probably just have half the bag.

Can anyone tell me how many syns are in a curly wurly? I just cba looking it up myself!! :flirt2:

Off to check back on how many syns i've had for the week. I think i'm going to have to lay my diary out a bit better. I'd like to do it in funky colours like Crumble and others do but I don't know how to! :help2:

Thank you Jackie and Lashes...yes, you are both right. I refuse to give in to this and am determined more than ever to get rid of this flab and get into smaller clothes!!

We can do it! Nobody said it would be easy but we have to look forward to what we can be like. I just got a skirt out of my wardrobe a lovely Joe Browns turquoise one i lived in last summer. To see if taking away next Saturday. Well I won't be cos its indecent it nearly fell off me today :eek: sze 22 bye bye :D:D:D

I have actually been lurking on this site for quite a few months now, but just looked at the recipes. It was only when I posted that thread that I got so many lovely replies....especially yours, Jackie, that I realised that I don't have to be this way forever...it is up to me to change my ways...and I AM a strong enough person to do that. :thankyou:
you are so welcome :D I am so proud of how motivated and determined you are :D
As for the food since I last posted, I made a couple of boiled eggs before I went to asda so that I wasn't tempted by naughties while I was walking round. I had to buy Mr Tooty a pizza from the pizza counter :rolleyes: but I knew I was going home to my lovely lentil loaf so I was fine with it.
fanstastic :D
I didn't even buy the usual big bag of maltesers or minstels for me and hubby to share as I knew he was going out tonight and I might be tempted to eat the whole bag, so I got a packet of curly wurlies...about to go and put one in the freezer now, and some cracker type things that are 12 syns for the bag, but I'll probably just have half the bag.
:D:D:D:D:D:D
Can anyone tell me how many syns are in a curly wurly? I just cba looking it up myself!! :flirt2:
from queen of the curly wurlys they are 6 syns and frozen they are fantastic :D
Off to check back on how many syns i've had for the week. I think i'm going to have to lay my diary out a bit better. I'd like to do it in funky colours like Crumble and others do but I don't know how to! :help2:
you are doing really well. You will already weigh less when go back to work

I think there are 5 syns in a curly wurly. Sounds like you're in for a lovely quiet evening :) hope you enjoy it.

The options for colours are in the menu at the top of the text box you write in when you do your diary I think. Not on my computer atm though so can't check for sure lol xx

Back