From Tooty Frooty to Hottie Tottie!

Thank you all very much. You have made me feel so much better about things. :thankyou:

Today was meant to be a happy day. Mr Tooty picked up our new car from the garage. Nothing fancy, just a vauxhall Zafira but it means I can finally take my sis and her kids somewhere with me and my boys in the one car and she won't have to get the bus. :)

Off to bed feeling much more positive than I was when I first came on.

Oh and Jackie, of course I wasn't calling you old. You're a mere whippet of a thing! :D I was talking about someone REALLY old, like Crumble for example!! :8855: :8855: :8855:

*Runs for cover before Crumble hunts me down and beats me up* You know I'm kidding, I hope :D

Hi Tooty
Just read your diary from the beginning. Pnd is horrible - been there twice. Once going back to work helped and once it didn't. My health visitor was really good though. Do you see yours? Don't beat yourself up over food blips. You're doing the best you can and moving on the right direction. It's taken me years to feel more control oft eating and I will get there. So will you. Take care of yourself xx

You're welcome sweetie thats what we are here for okay :D

I have a vauxhall zafira too but Mr N drives it all the time and I have to walk everywhere as he takes it to work.... mmmm so how come I walk every where, he drives, I'm fat and hes thin??

OMG :8855: you little minx Mrs Crumble will tell you off when she reads this :8855: nah she wont cos shes fabby

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for reading my diary Shelski. It really does help to know I'm not alone.

I don't see my hv that often now, but a few months ago when my depression was at it's worst I saw her once a week. Now I feel she's just left me to get on with things. I do see my gp every few weeks to discuss my medication and how i'm feeling etc. It helps knowing they're there if I need them but everytime I go I cry, which I don't like doing.

Thanks again xx

aww, sending you (( hugs )) .. you're not alone, today is my trial shift before go back on 8th aug .. absolutely dreading it, but i know its all in the mind - they're the same people worked with before having baby and im the same person also, only little more overweight (for the moment!) i dont know why, i thought your first day back was tues which was why i wished you good luck - you must have thought i was crazy, lol .. we have so much in common, same amt to lose, just coming off maternity, working in health sector .. perhaps we should set up a 'joint target or goal' have seen posts on another part of a forum, im assuming its for people same amt weight to lose etc .. could encourage each other to lose each milestone 'stone' .. just an idea XX

Hope your feeling a lot bettter today hun!! (hugs) xx

I can totally relate to the sister thing, me n my sister are quite close (more so since loosing my brother 4 years ago) and she is a size 8!! and she has 3 kids :( she has never been bigger then a size 10 in her life! I make 3 of her (there is a pic of us together on my diary) and as much as i go to loads of places with her, including the gym :sigh: i hate to be seen with her (if you get what i mean) My family especially are a nightmare, i get no support from them at all and always get comments like, youll have to give shell your share of the fat cause shes freezing.....and mum held a pair of trousers up of mine and said, even one leg of these would be too big for you sister!

I always get compaired, the first thing anyone says is, blimey your not alike at all are you.....and i know they mean cause shell is a size 8 and im a 22!! and stupidly...it just makes me eat more....its daft isnt it!

But hey, tis time next year me n you wont care that were stood next to our skinny sisters....as we will be just as skinny ourselves :) (well ill never be an 8, but ill never be a 22 again either :))

Well done for getting back to plan :D I am too today.. ready for my gain tomorrow but then so long as I can stay on plan on holiday downwards we go :D

How are you feeling today? xxxxx

I'm afraid I spoke too soon. Had a piece of carrot cake earlier and my hubby has just gone out to get us indian for dinner! I have no idea why I agreed to it as I'm feeling okay today...well, better than I was yesterday. I am stuck in a vicious cycle I think of when I'm with people, I feel like I have to eat to be enjoying myself. Like it's a friday night, so I deserve a treat if that makes sense. :( It doesn't even make sense to me, so who am I trying to kid! :cry:

May aswell just write off this week right now :(

I'm disgusted with myself for not just saying to him that no, i'd make something, or at worst we would have our usual chinese then I know it'd be 7.5 syns. Who knows how many i'll clock up after this meal. Not even looking forward to it as I know i'll be wracked with guilt afterwards.

Tis not a good time for me right now :cry:

Hope your feeling a lot bettter today hun!! (hugs) xx

I can totally relate to the sister thing, me n my sister are quite close (more so since loosing my brother 4 years ago) and she is a size 8!! and she has 3 kids :( she has never been bigger then a size 10 in her life! I make 3 of her (there is a pic of us together on my diary) and as much as i go to loads of places with her, including the gym :sigh: i hate to be seen with her (if you get what i mean) My family especially are a nightmare, i get no support from them at all and always get comments like, youll have to give shell your share of the fat cause shes freezing.....and mum held a pair of trousers up of mine and said, even one leg of these would be too big for you sister!

I always get compaired, the first thing anyone says is, blimey your not alike at all are you.....and i know they mean cause shell is a size 8 and im a 22!! and stupidly...it just makes me eat more....its daft isnt it!

But hey, tis time next year me n you wont care that were stood next to our skinny sisters....as we will be just as skinny ourselves :) (well ill never be an 8, but ill never be a 22 again either :))

Thanks. It's hard when people see you and your sister together isn't it and you can kind of see the look on their faces trying to figure out why one's so fat and the other is so skinny. I love my sister to bits, and she'd do anything to support me but eating is one of the things we've always done together and it's a hard habit to break out of.

Hope you've had a good day x

~Firstly have a hug (hug) did you start reading that book ? If not promise me you will read it while I am away? or start to?

In fact I must find my copy to take with me.

The best advice I can offer is to stick to plan as much as possible don't consider the indian has blown it this week, consider it has 'blown it this meal' okay? That way in theory the good will still outweigh the bad and you may still lose a pound, just remember if all meals are bad you will undo all that hard work... so lets work one meal at a time this week :D

You can do this. You have a lot of your plate so don't be too hard on yourself just do your best.

Loads of love
xxxxx

Morning Tooty,

I've just been catching up on your diary of yesterday, and want to give you a <<<Big Hug>>>

You sound absolutely exhausted, and therefore it is not surprising that you 'gave in' to the Indian, I know I would have too, versus, preparing, cooking and cleaning up when feeling so tired:(

And, whilst I know it is not the ideal, but perhaps Mr. Tooty is thinking that he is helping, in making the evening meal easier for you.

Try to explain to him how awful you are feeling, and how much losing weight means to you, and ask can he help with the planning/preparing/cooking etc.....He might even be good at it!

~Firstly have a hug (hug) did you start reading that book ? If not promise me you will read it while I am away? or start to?

In fact I must find my copy to take with me.

The best advice I can offer is to stick to plan as much as possible don't consider the indian has blown it this week, consider it has 'blown it this meal' okay? That way in theory the good will still outweigh the bad and you may still lose a pound, just remember if all meals are bad you will undo all that hard work... so lets work one meal at a time this week :D

You can do this. You have a lot of your plate so don't be too hard on yourself just do your best.

Loads of love
xxxxx

Thank you lovely Jackie,

Yes, I started reading the book the other night. Only got a few pages in before my eyes started shutting so will maybe try and read it when i'm not going to bed as I don't think i'll get very far with it.

One meal at time is how i'm going to work it this week. I just know i'm going to have a hard couple of days sticking to it until I get back to work and get that over with. I am such a stress eater, and what with Mr Tooty being off work, there's more temptation in my way in the way of lunches and meals out. So, I'm just going to try my best and see what happens. I will write everything down here though so at least i'm being honest with myself.

Hope you're well on your way to your lovely cottage by now xx

Morning Tooty,

I've just been catching up on your diary of yesterday, and want to give you a <<<Big Hug>>>

You sound absolutely exhausted, and therefore it is not surprising that you 'gave in' to the Indian, I know I would have too, versus, preparing, cooking and cleaning up when feeling so tired:(

And, whilst I know it is not the ideal, but perhaps Mr. Tooty is thinking that he is helping, in making the evening meal easier for you.

Try to explain to him how awful you are feeling, and how much losing weight means to you, and ask can he help with the planning/preparing/cooking etc.....He might even be good at it!

Hi Ginlin,

Thanks for reading my diary. You hit the nail on the head. I am totally exhausted, and add that to the stress of re-starting work and lack of sleep and my good intentions seem to fade as the day goes on. As I said to Jackie though, just going to take it one day at a time and accept that I might not do so well this week until I get tuesday over with, then i've got my weigh in on wednesday and hopefully that'll signify a step forward for me.

I had a good old cry lastnight to dh and he is very supportive, but sometimes I am so strong willed that no matter what someone says to me, I'll do the opposite :eek: Like today...after our talk, he'll be behind me 100% in making the right choices, but if we're out and I want to eat something I shouldn't, there's very little he'll be able to do to stop me if that makes sense.

Thanks for your support though, it means a lot x

((hugs)) be kind to yourself, you have a lot going on and its so hard with the little ones too .. so come on tooty frooty we're already into aug - whats your goal for this month, doesnt have to be a drastic amount as long as its goin in the right direction - im taking the scenic route and saying - 5lbs off for august, i think i have put so much pressure on myself in the past to lose larger amounts that i start off well, then when i have a blip and fall off the waggon halfway through i panic, think to myself i cant do this, then oh sod it may as well pig out and start again monday, or next month etc so 5lbs off a month i think is a nice gentle pace for me and if i lose more, will be a real boost and hopefully spur me on - so shall we start today? dont actually join sw until thurs but i'll take that reading as my start weight, only few days on :)
ps. im starting the book jackieN recommended too - arrived this morning ;)
pps. i realise you have loads on, so if would rather not set a post pregnancy weight goal right now, totally understand :)

Last edited:
((hugs)) be kind to yourself, you have a lot going on and its so hard with the little ones too .. so come on tooty frooty we're already into aug - whats your goal for this month, doesnt have to be a drastic amount as long as its goin in the right direction - im taking the scenic route and saying - 5lbs off for august, i think i have put so much pressure on myself in the past to lose larger amounts that i start off well, then when i have a blip and fall off the waggon halfway through i panic, think to myself i cant do this, then oh sod it may as well pig out and start again monday, or next month etc so 5lbs off a month i think is a nice gentle pace for me and if i lose more, will be a real boost and hopefully spur me on - so shall we start today? dont actually join sw until thurs but i'll take that reading as my start weight, only few days on :)
ps. im starting the book jackieN recommended too - arrived this morning ;)
pps. i realise you have loads on, so if would rather not set a post pregnancy weight goal right now, totally understand :)

Hey,

Thanks for your post. I'm afraid with the stress of going back to work, and lack of sleep I managed to fall off the wagon over the weekend. :break_diet: I still haven't managed to get back on it, and have my first day back at work tomorrow. I feel sick to my stomach, but that just makes me eat even more, so I have bought myself something nice from M&S to have for lunch at work tomorrow then I get weighed on wednesday so will start afresh from then.

It's just getting this first day over that's the main hurdle. As I said before, some of my work colleagues aren't the most friendly, or pleasant to work with, so I'm not looking forward to going back long term, but once I get tomorrow over with I hope i'll feel better.

Once I get back on track I'll say that I hope to lose 7lbs over August. I fully expect to put a few on this week, probably what I lost last week at least but I'm prepared for that, and just did what I had to do to get me through this past week.

Hope you're enjoying your week off before you start back.

I got that book too, and am working my way through it. Hopefully it'll help me change the way I think about things.

Back