From Tooty Frooty to Hottie Tottie!

aww i know exactly what you're going through .. i cant believe how similar out situations are!

i wish i could say something to make things better .. my personal experience was that i was worrying for nothing, i think we work ourselves up so much that we imagine all sorts of ridiculous scenarios

obviously i cant speak for your colleagues, but im sure they'll be happy to see you back, as skinnydawn said to me - give them a chance, and if you do get any negative looks or comments then its their problem - it just shows what shallow ignorant people they really are

good luck for tomorrow, i'll be thinking of you XX

Hi Tooty, hope your first day back went ok :) x

good luck with your weigh in today, try not to stress if youve put on - just start afresh from today ;)

mine's tomorrow, havent a clue what i weigh well over 15stones i think - possibly closer to 16

so here's to shedding the weight and to 2 yummy mummys waiting to emerge ;)

Thank you all so much for thinking of me and wishing me good luck. Sorry I didn't have a chance to come on lastnight and let you know how it went. I got home to find my toddler wide awake and spent two hours getting him to sleep! :mad:

As for my day...well, it wasn't as bad as I'd built it up to be. I was so scared driving to work and felt sick the whole way there. I don't know if I said but we've been temporarily moved to a different hopsital that i've never been in before so I also had the worry of finding where I was to go! Then I got there and the ward was shut!! :sigh: I'd got there half an hour early and eventually someone let me in, then a few of my colleagues came in and they were nice ones so made me feel better by telling me not to worry etc.

There was one girl in particular who walked by me at first and wasn't even going to say hello but I said hi to her and she gave me a half hearted hello back, but that was about all she said to me all day. She's very very rude generally so I didn't let her get to me, where I normally would.

The day itself went okay, I'm back tomorrow and can't say i'm looking forward to it but now that first day is over with at least some of my worries will be alleviated. I still have to see all the other nurses etc that I work with but i'm just going to hold my head high and not let any snide looks or whispering get to me. :rolleyes:

My diet as I expected has gone to pot this week but it's weigh day today. I wasn't going to go, but I know that's the worst thing I can do so i'm going to be brave and go. One thing I realised from working yesterday is how hard I find it to stick to plan during work as our breaks are sporadic, we don't get a break after our lunch, and we work till 7.45pm. Most of the ppl I work with are slim, and those who aren't just eat biscuits and chocolate, so i'm going to find it a stuggle but I'm going to try my best to stick to it those two days i'm working and be super good the rest of the time.

I also had to get my photo taken again for a pass to get me into this new hospital and oh my goodness, it's amazing the difference from this one to my last one which was taken 2 yrs ago. My face is so round and has no shape to it whatsoever. It's really embarrassing. Plus when we get changed we do it in this tiny cupboard with everyone else...and i'm so embarrassed about my body that it can only give me motivation to do this.

Thanks Lashes for the good luck for weigh in...I know i'll have put on but a line will be drawn (yes, another one :rolleyes:) and will start afresh from today.

Will post my weigh in results when I can.

Thanks again everyone xx

Don't let the nasty rude people get to you. People say that if someones being rude to you and you compliment them it throws them off track. It's hard to be rude to someone who's being nice.

I don't know if it works cos I haven't tried it. I prefer to get even with my sarcastic comments said in such a nice way that they don't know if I'm insulting them or not :8855:

Good luck for weigh in :)

Thanks lovelies,

It was worse than I thought. 3.5lb ON!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I totally deserved it though although I didn't quite expect it to be so much.

I was going to throw in the towel and get a kfc for dinner tonight but that's me child and hubby free until friday now (they're all staying with my mil until then now due to various reasons) so I've only got myself to think about. So i've decided to spend the next hour looking for lunch ideas and things I can take to work to help keep me on track. I am going to change my ticker right now and that's enough in itself to make me want to stick to this.

Please feel free to give me a big :asskick: as I really need it. I'm determined to get that back off for next week and I need all the help I can get. I've only got two days in work before next weigh in and tomorrow should be fine as I'm only in till 5pm and have a training course in the afternoon, then i'll go home and make something nice for dinner...any ideas welcome. I think I might make myself a big free egg salad for lunch, maybe with some baby potatoes in it too, with lots of cottage cheese and beetroot :drool:

Come on!!! I can do this can't I???

It's only cos you were stressed about going back to work. Now that's out of the way you can get on with losing weight :)

Lunch ideas
sandwiches
salads
pasta

If you've got a food flask stews and soups are good when the weathers colder.

If you've got access to a microwave you can take left overs or potatoes and warm them up.

Mug shots etc are quick and easy.

If you look on Capricorns diary shes got a cheese n onion fryit recipe which is a bit like a cheese n onion pasty - give me a shout if you get lost.

I'll keep thinking and let you know :)

whats 3.5lbs on in the grand scheme of things?

you've had a real stressful time of it and you're only human, at least you're trying to turn it around, well done for not going with the kfc - dont know if i would have the will power, lol

just look at it as a tiny blip on your journey to weight loss - it just means it will take you an extra week to get to your goal

id love some lunch ideas too .. im kind of in the same boat - 2-9 shift, 20 mins break @ 4ish then starving until 9 pm!!

i need to work out a plan of action, i may have a late breakfast (big one), snack just before go on shift rather than a lunch and take my lunch in for 4 oc - then something to look forward to when i get home, not ideal but have to work round it

i love frittata - with lots peppers, onions, can even throw in some potatoes fried off in fry light to make it more like a spanish omellette with beans - lovely and filling, then save a little and eat it cold with salad next day ;)

good luck for next couple of days, shame on that girl who ignored you - just pure bad manners, i cant be doing with people like that - doesnt cost to be polite, just ignore her probably doesnt get any (sorry, cant believe i said that, lol)

Thanks for the ideas Tilly. I'm going to take a big salad tomorrow and have taken a salmon fillet out the freezer so will bung that in the micro before I leave for work and have that with it.

I would make the quiche but I read on here that the pasta n sauce one isn't free anymore so I wouldn't really know what to put in it instead. What do you put in yours?

I think what's going to get me is the lack of opportunity to eat anything. Like at home, i'm constantly snacking, but you just can't do that when you're saving peoples lives day in day out can you!! :superwoman: :8855:

Thanks for putting it into perspective Lashes. I think i'll try your frittata idea one day and see if I like it then that could be another lunch thing I could take. Your plan of switching your meals around sounds like a winner.

Only working till 5pm tomorrow as I've got a cpr training thing to go to from 1-5 and I asked my boss if I could just just annual leave hours after it so I didn't need to go back to the ward and she said yes, so that should make things a bit easier tomorrow at least.

Off to make my big salad and get stuff ready for tomorrow, then it's an early night for me.

Night all x

I don't do the pasta one. I do the cottage cheese one. Sounds revolting but it's nice.

I mix a tub of cottage cheese and 4 eggs in the blender. Then add whatever veg I feel like and mushrooms and cooked bacon or ham if I'm on a red day. Season and cook 200c or gas mark 6 for about 30 mins. It still looks a bit soggy when it comes out but once it's gone cold it's not soggy any more. Stick tomato on the top and eat. It's free all plans depending what you put in it.

Back