fruitandcoffee Slim for Summer diary

fruitandcoffee

Hey! After lurking for a while I've decided to start a proper diary. I've done SW on and off for the past year, the lowest I've been this year was 10 stone 13 but going back to uni I gained some weight back (it's been a stressful term). However I'm going to Reading festival in the summer and I'm really motivated to get my ass back into gear and lose the last pounds.

Food Diaries coming as of tomorrow, I'm starting my new job at Virgin Active near my uni and I get a free membership so get to go to all the amazing classes which should help :)

Last edited:
Hi! we have similar reasons i'm looking to lose my weight for v festival. Went last year when had lost the weight enjoyed it so much more. Holidays and then stressful times at work leaves me back fat, so here i go again to do it properly this time, no shakes. Good luck - looking forward to seeing how we get on x

Hi! we have similar reasons i'm looking to lose my weight for v festival. Went last year when had lost the weight enjoyed it so much more. Holidays and then stressful times at work leaves me back fat, so here i go again to do it properly this time, no shakes. Good luck - looking forward to seeing how we get on x

Hey :) do you have a food diary? If you start one I'll subscribe :) x

Been crazy at work all weekend so I haven't done the plan but from a cheeky look at the scales earlier I have lost weight. I get a half hour break per 8 hour shift so I've barely eaten, fallen into bed exhausted without dinner and got up early without time for breakfast. Not the best but I will be starting back on it tomorrow :) and planning better for next weekend's shifts!

Last edited:
Hey :) do you have a food diary? If you start one I'll subscribe :) x

Been crazy at work all weekend so I haven't done the plan but from a cheeky look at the scales earlier I have lost weight. I get a half hour break per 8 hour shift so I've barely eaten, fallen into bed exhausted without dinner and got up early without time for breakfast. Not the best but I will be starting back on it tomorrow :) and planning better for next weekend's shifts!

Yeah I've got one somewhere its called back to basics.

What day do you weigh in? Try and get some grab to go foods maybe some Alpen lights or something so you're not going as long! Need to feed yourself especially if you're running around that much x

Yeah I've got one somewhere its called back to basics.

What day do you weigh in? Try and get some grab to go foods maybe some Alpen lights or something so you're not going as long! Need to feed yourself especially if you're running around that much x

Oh ok I'll have a hunt! I weigh in Mondays currently :) yeah I'll do that for next weekend I think, can't live on coffee forever haha xx

Well I forgot I was starting SW today. Great start. So for breakfast I had a small bowl of bran flakes with skimmed milk and a little glass of orange juice. I usually have this, it'll be hard to give it up because I'm such a creature of habit! Will be looking into alternative breakfast ideas :)

Last edited:
I have found a local group and so will be starting tonight and wi on mondays from here on too!! You can have 35g on bran flakes and 375ml skimmed milk as your hex, were you much above these?? OJ not so great though x what are the rest of your plans for today with food?

God I'm awful, I went back to uni and forgot all about this. Back on it from tomorrow, promise!!

Last edited:
Tuesday 23rd April - EE

B: 35g oats (B) made half with skimmed milk (half A), half water, topped with low fat natural yogurt, strawberries and 2 tsps agave nectar (1)
L: -
D: spaghetti bolognese with cheese (half A)
S: LF natural yogurt with 1 tsp agave (0.5) freddo (5)
Syns: 6.5/70

Breakfast was absolutely delicious! It was actually a WW recipe but so so nice. Yogurt in it was beautiful, made it really creamy. I added some of my SF caramel coffee syrup when it was cooking (no syns) and that made it even better. I love SF coffee syrups, especially the caramel and vanilla one :) Pic below. Ended up not having lunch as I got up at half past 1! Shocking I know but I've had essay deadlines this week plus 2 x 8 hour shifts at work at the weekend, so I really needed a catch up on my sleep. I'm probably going to have strawberries and yogurt later as pudding anyway and I did have a big-ish portion of dinner to make up for it!

breakfast1_zpsad7909f1.jpg

Last edited:
Wednesday 24th April - EE

B: 35g porridge (B) made with milk/water (half A) with frozen summer berries stirred through, topped with yogurt and agave (1)
L: 2 x freddos (10), green tea, toffee muller light
D: spag bol with cheese (half A)
Syns: 17.5/70

6km run at the gym plus abs. Lunch wasn't the best but I'm not hungry enough for a proper meal and due to the workout I fancied some choc hehe :)

image_zpsda4b4f1a.jpg

Last edited:
Thursday 25th April - EE

B: raspberries and toffee muller light with a coffee (hurried breakfast before an early lecture)
L: 4 percy pigs (6) 2 eggs in frylight on 1 piece of toast (HEX B) with red grapes and a cup of tea
S: 3 jammie dodgers (12) cup of coffee
D: linguine in a tomato/vegetable sauce with cheese (other half HEX A)
Syns: 35.5/70

Bit syn heavy today :/ Mum brought me down a load of junk food but I think I've done ok overall for the week so far tbh.

Last edited:
Friday 26th April - EE

B: 35g porridge (B) with half milk half water (half A) with raspberries stirred through, topped with lf natural yogurt and 2 tsps agave (1)
L: raspberries with toffee muller light, freddo (5) 3 jammie dodgers (12)
D: spag bol with linguine and parmesan (half A)
Syns: 53.5/70

I can't get to the gym today, I've got a two hour lecture plus an assignment due on Monday :( I know it's ok to miss a day but my weight is coming off quickly atm and I would really like to be 156lbs by next time I weigh. Probably will be Weds or Thurs. I'm doing 16 hours at work, which always seems to help me lose from running round all day, then on Sunday I have to walk 6km home as the buses don't run. So that should help. And then I'm doing aerobics at uni on Monday, gym Tuesday, probably weigh on Wednesday I think! :)

Argh! Munchies attack when writing my essay, I've just had 5 chocolate seashells :( 15 syns. 68.5/70...well at least we can still lose weight with 15 syns. I'll have to go lightly for the next few days. Got 3 days to go :(
Dragged myself to the gym. At least that's some damage management.

Last edited:
Saturday 27th April - Cheat day

I find I usually need a cheat day if I'm going to lose weight successfully; it stops me having huge binges. I have a bit of a binge problem so this is honestly just the best way for me and after all, eating healthy 80% of the time and not so healthy 20% of the time is supposedly ideal.

B: skinny, sugar free vanilla latte
L: sausage and cheese wrap, a few cheesy chips, a lemon and poppyseed muffin and a raspberry and white choc muffin (oops. Bad days always happen when I don't have time for a proper breakfast :/)
D; chocolate seashells.

I didn't even like the food I had today that much...I just overslept for work so didn't have time for my breakfast :( which ALWAYS means I eat badly the rest of the day. Breakfast is definitely the way forward! Not starting til 11am tomorrow so will make sure I'm up in time :)

Back