Fry Light - Buttery one

mum of 2

Hi,

Im a big lover of Fry Light. In the recent SW magazine on page 48 there is a full page advert for Fry Light. One of the ones they have pictured is Better than Butter. Has anyone tried this? Where can I find it? I have been looking for it, but have yet to find it.

Thanks

I haven't seen it in the supermarkets. I've been looking for the Wok one but all I can find is the Olive and Sunflower. Maybe try e-mailing the company for information?

I really do not like the taste it is very synthetic. Some people swear by lakeland butter buds for 1/2 syn. they come in a pack of 40 for £3.99

Its in all the large Tescos near me - stacked with the oil

I've only seen it in a biiig tesco, they had the wok one too (which is lovely). Not tried the butter one though.

I have it and use it for frying onions which turn out ok. I have the olive oil one for everything else. Can't remember where I got it from though

I use the buttery one for doing garlic mushrooms, think I got it from Tescos along with the wok and one of the salad dressing sprays.

i use the sunflower one for everything, and it is fine. i do have a bertolli olive oil spray, it doesn't seem to work and everything sticks. So went back to the good old fave - fry light.

I can only concur with everyone else who has slated the buttery one. Its horrid. The other two are great, I use both on a daily basis but I would never buy the buttery one again.

I love the buttery one, i use it on everything. Dont like any of the others.
Though my husband hates the smell of it:D

i got the buttery one in my big tesco's but like every1 else has said im not all that keen on it but i keep forgeting to buy a different one so im stuck with it for now :( it ruined my sw chips tonight and just when i was finally getting them to look right but it made them taste too sweet and sickly yuk!!!!

ill be keeping my eye on the wok one though sounds good!

The smell alone is enough to put you off to be honest so when losing I tended to stick to the sunflower one. The olive oil one is okay but I'm not convinced it adds anything different to the sunflower. I'm a fan of butter buds for those rare occasion when only a butter taste will do.

i only use the buttery one to 'fry' eggs and like most here, i bought it in a big tesco. x

In the USA you can get the 'I cant believe its not butter' low cal spray I had hoped it would come over here .... I can only get the sunflower and olive oil one too, not even a sniff of the salad ones yet.

cmcewn where abouts in scotland are you?
im in north lanarkshire, scotland and my big tesco has the balsamic vinigarette salad spray, i havnt tried it yet as i keep forgetting to use it but i was able to buy it a few weeks ago.

Thanks for your advice. I do my weekly shopping in a large Tesco and have not seen it yet, might keep an eye out for it. I've heard of the butter buds before, but not really looked into it. Might get myself to Lakeland then. 1/2 syn is quite good. Is that 1/2 syn for full fat butter or the lighter spreads that I use?

Thanks

I only use the butter one to line tins when cooking sweet things.I wouldn't buy it again. Had it in tesco. If you minmin google fry light there was a apost from the frylight man which may help you. The slad ones are in Tesco but by the salad dressings not the other fry lights.I got my butterbuds in Lakeland but you can get them in smaller sizes on e bay if you want to try a smaller one first.

Thanks for your advice. I do my weekly shopping in a large Tesco and have not seen it yet, might keep an eye out for it. I've heard of the butter buds before, but not really looked into it. Might get myself to Lakeland then. 1/2 syn is quite good. Is that 1/2 syn for full fat butter or the lighter spreads that I use?

Thanks
Butter buds only come in one type but obviously you could syn real low fat spread or butter BUT it is SOOOO important not to guess the weight. Use a proper measuring spoon. Butter is 2 syns per LEVEL teaspoon whereas very low fat spread is .5 syns per level tsp and low fat is 1 per tsp.

cmcewn where abouts in scotland are you?
im in north lanarkshire, scotland and my big tesco has the balsamic vinigarette salad spray, i havnt tried it yet as i keep forgetting to use it but i was able to buy it a few weeks ago.

Hi Jane I am in Whitburn West Lothian. If the bigger Tesco's carry them I will try the big superstore in Glasgow perhaps they will have it there. Thanks :D

Where about's in North Lanarkshire are you I wasn't sure there was many here from Scotland. Good to meet you. ;)

Back