FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Week 66- Day 2 (Wed)- Green- Working 7.30am-8pm.

Before work- 6.30am- 3 egg omlette with herbs.

Work break 1- Cherries, 2 small clementines and a small forest fruits Activia fat free yogurt.

Work break 2- Co-op wholemeal pitta (HEXb) filled with 28g grated cheddar (HEXa), beetroot and salad. 4 small clementines.

Work break 3- Veggie chilli (made last night- Quorn mince, red lentils, onion, mushrooms, red pepper, orange pepper, sweet potato, kidney beans in chilli sauce, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, chilli powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, tabasco sauce and reggee reggee sauce- my portion max 1 syn). With Asda lemon pepper savoury rice (2 syns). Small Activia forest fruits fat free yogurt.

Total syns 3.

Body magic- nothing formal but on feet practically solidly for 12.5 hour shift! No time for Davina on days like this!!

No Davina?!! Ha ha! Ordering mine tomorrow! Xxx

Week 66- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy- Working 7.30am-3pm.

Before work- 3 egg omlette with herbs with tbspn Reggae Reggae sauce (1 syn).

Work break 1- A vanilla/chocolate sprinkles with black cherry underlayer Mullerlight (2 syns) and 2 pears.

Work break 2- Goan spicy tomato & lentil soup (8 syns).

In cinema- A piece of Dairy milk chocolate (2.5 syns).

After cinema- Restaurant- Fish soup (?2 syns for any oil), gambas in a tomato/garlic sauce with jacket potato. A few chips (6 syns). Side salad (?3 syns for coleslaw). A taste of dh's cheesecake (?2 syns). A floater coffee (?4 syns).

Total syns estimated 30.5 syns- I suppose I could take this as a flexisyn day but may just minimise syns as much as possible until weigh day- have a couple of events over the weekend though that's the problem!!

Body magic- No time today but was rushing around and on feet in work!!

Devastated this evening as just heard news that a friend from work Louise passed away today at the age of 42! She had lung cancer which was diagnosed 2 years ago and she'd never smoked in her life! She was so brave and none of us realised just how ill she had become in a matter of a few weeks! A month ago she was out and about- looked puffy as on steroids but looked reasonably well! The news came from her family today and everyone is in total shock! It hasn't sunk in properly yet, I'm just trying to get my head around it!! It's a real lesson to enjoy life and stop moaning about the stupid little things!! She never moaned once about her illness! She laughed at life and at herself even though she must have been terrified underneath it all!!

Hi Heather....so sorry to hear of your loss. It certainly hits home, especially when its someone so young & it never seems fair really. Unfortunately, being in our profession we see too much death & I still cant get my head around it after numerous years being an ITU nurse. Your friend sounded a very brave & courageous lady & Im sure you will carry many fond memories of her around with you & in true 'nurse' fashion will celebrate her life. Kim x

Sorry to hear about your friend. She seems to be very strong. Hope she is in a better place now and without suffering.

Thanks guys, still hasn't sunk in, it's a lot to get my head around! We are such a close bunch in work- we have been through a lot together over the years, dealing with each others' personal issues and also with issues relating to the patients we look after- lots of highs and lows! Although she had been diagnosed 2 years ago it's come as a big shock as noone new quite how ill she'd been over the last month!

Week 66- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Breakfast- 8.30am- Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus (HEXb).

Lunch- 1pm- Bowl of veggie chilli (see Wed)(est 0.5 syns for Reggae Reggae sauce and tom puree). A pear. A vanilla/choc sprinkles Mullerlight.

Afternoon snack-4.30pm- A tin of mushy peas. A Weetabix Oatybar (3 syns).

Going to get hair cut at 6pm then straight to meet friends for food- venue unknown! Then meeting work friends for night out (driving so non-booze zone!)

So had haircut (v pleased!) and went to meet a couple of the lads from work at Pizza express- had the new one with the salad in the hole in the middle! Apparently they are 25 syns each- that's all the info I have, but I am deducting 6 syns for the cheese as my HEXa! (19 syns).

Stuck to diet cokes for whole night.

Total syns 22.5.

Body magic- danced my butt off in Walkabout!!

Last edited:
Devastated this evening as just heard news that a friend from work Louise passed away today at the age of 42! She had lung cancer which was diagnosed 2 years ago and she'd never smoked in her life! She was so brave and none of us realised just how ill she had become in a matter of a few weeks! A month ago she was out and about- looked puffy as on steroids but looked reasonably well! The news came from her family today and everyone is in total shock! It hasn't sunk in properly yet, I'm just trying to get my head around it!! It's a real lesson to enjoy life and stop moaning about the stupid little things!! She never moaned once about her illness! She laughed at life and at herself even though she must have been terrified underneath it all!!

RIP Louise, you sound like a very inspiration lady, much loved, much missed and definitely never forgotten

(((Big hug))) Hev sorry to hear of your loss

Oh funcurls I'm so sorry. I had a friend at work who also died of cancer. She had this cold she couldn't shake and then it was diagnosed and it was everywhere. After that she went downhill very fast but she was always upbeat and cheerful, sounds very like your friend. Makes you realise how lucky we are. Hope you are ok xxx

WOW! you go girl, what an amazing weight loss this week, even i am inspired to go buy davina now...i have got an old one of hers somewhere

Thanks Donna hun for your kind words about Louise- she will be hugely missed!! And thanks for the weight loss comment!! I was very pleased, but I don't think Monday's result will be promising because I've been out last night, out tonight and I'm out again tomorrow at a house party where the host is an amazing cook!! Trouble ahead!!! I can only do my best! Hope you're having a good weekend so far! How's your Mum?X

Oh funcurls I'm so sorry. I had a friend at work who also died of cancer. She had this cold she couldn't shake and then it was diagnosed and it was everywhere. After that she went downhill very fast but she was always upbeat and cheerful, sounds very like your friend. Makes you realise how lucky we are. Hope you are ok xxx

Yes that sounds exactly like Louise!! She wouldn't want us moping about- we had a great night out tonight with a great turnout- it was for a collegue who has left his job but we gave Louise a really good send-off too! X

Thanks Donna hun for your kind words about Louise- she will be hugely missed!! And thanks for the weight loss comment!! I was very pleased, but I don't think Monday's result will be promising because I've been out last night, out tonight and I'm out again tomorrow at a house party where the host is an amazing cook!! Trouble ahead!!! I can only do my best! Hope you're having a good weekend so far! How's your Mum?X

you deserve some treats after that weight loss and your sad news this week, if you gain so what it will come off the following week

mum is really emotional and the side effects are starting to kick in, sickness, pain, mouth ulcers etc, she is finding it really hard to drink fluid - any ideas? i think the sooner her hair comes out the better because i think its the fear of it falling out that is upsetting her even more

Back