FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Week 28- Day 5 (Sat)- Red- Working night shift 7.30pm-8am!

In work- 5.30am- Slice of smoked salmon, dill & veg SW quiche.

At home- 9am- A banana.

Slept from 9.30am-5pm

Tea before work- 6pm-Asda wholemeal pitta bread (HEXb) with salad, sliced hardboiled egg and 1 tbspn salad cream XL (1 syn).

Work snack- 10.30pm- Luscious lemon Hifi bar (HEXb). M&S choc covered biscuit (3 syns).

Work break- 11.30- Chicken (slow-cooked) with steamed leek, cabbage, red pepper, red onion, coriander (in Steam Quick bag) with 2 tbspn sweet chilli sauce (3 syns). 2 pears. Chunks of fresh pinepple.

Total syns 7.

Last edited:
hiya funcurls, just catching up with your diary. What are these Quick Steam bags?? Im intrigued!!

Sorry guys 4 the delay in replying to this one!! Yup i was talking about the empty 'Steam Quick' bags!! I got them from Asda and theyre great!! Im going to get all adventurous with fish/meat with veg, herbs and marinades!! I think they could change my life!!xxx

Week 28- Day 6 (Sun)- Red- Working night shift- 7.30pm-8am.

Snack in work- 3 oranges and an apple. A packet of Ryvita Minis salt & vinegar 24g from multipack (4 syns).

Slept 9.30am-5pm.

On getting up- Asda wholemeal pitta (HEXb) with salad leaves, chicken breast slices and 1 tbspn Heinz XL salad cream (1 syn). 4 large mushrooms grilled with mushroom stalk, spring onion, green pepper, red chilli and 56g melted cheese (2x HEXa).

Work snack - 11pm- Kelloggs Fibre Plus milk choc (HEXb) and some of Angela's choc cake (?8 syns!!!)

Work break- 2 Quorn peppered steaks with steamed veg in Steam Quick bag!
Fresh pineapple chunks. A pear. An Activia fat free cherry yogurt.

Total syns 13.

Last edited:
oooh from Asda you say?? think I may have to investigate them!! So, and sorry for being thick here, they are just empty bags and you put your own stuff in them? kind of like a toaster bag?

lol allie!! I would do that too!! i'm gonna have a look for these next time im in Asda, they sound great!

Im not sure wot i paid! Im gettin some in asda on way home from work so will let u kno after my sleepies later!!! I'm Still in work no- ots 5am! I feel like death warmed up!! Lol! But really, the bags are really amazing!!xxx

i like the idea of the bags, not sure i would use them lots tho,,,,,hmmm!

How many more night shifts are you doing?xxx

That's it now hun...til Wednesday when I've got another one off one, then on avo shift Fri, then double shift Sun, then morning shift Tues, then double shift Wed, then 13 days orf!! Yay!!!X

Everybody, I went to Asda this morning after work and the bags were £1 for 8 ! In a black box by the foil, sandwich bags etc! X

Week 28- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy- Day off (part sleep day!)

In work- 6am- A banana.

At home- 9.30am- 3 Babybel lights (HEXa).

On waking up- 4pm- Cajun chicken and pepper mini-skewers (from Extra Easy cookbook- marinade- cajun spices, soy sauce, lime juice, herbs) with potato wedges (using Frylight) with paprika. Fat free natural yogurt, lime juice and fresh parsley dip. ( I took a platter of the above to my SW class for taster evening so made extra for dh and myself!). Fresh mango slices. A Mars Miniroll (6 syns).

Taster evening in SW class- had a variety of cakes (6 syns), Quorn cocktail sausage (0.5 syns), pasta and rice dishes (free).

At home 10pm- Mars Miniroll (whoops that makes 2!!) (6 syns). An apple. Weight Watchers strawberry tart yogurt (0.5 syns).

Total syns 19

Total syns for week 65.5.

Last edited:
totally jealous of your 13 days off!!! WOW!

I am gonna see if Waitrose do the bags :D will add them to my order x

13 days wohoo......havent caught up for a while sorry.
Did you weighed today?.....and your cottage is stunning :D
xx

Thanks Loups!! Yay I weighed and lost 2lb!! Very pleased because I rarely get 2 good ones in a row, it's usually a few little ones then a big one every 4 weeks or so! So no complaints! Hope you're OK hun and feeling positive for a good loss this week!! Thanks for compliment on cottage!! It's hard work and still clawing back the costs of setting it all up (did you see our apartment 'Wagtails' too?) but hopefully one day it'll be worth it and we'll start seeing the benefits/profit!!!X

Last edited:
Week 29- Day 1 (Tues)- Red- Day off!

Had a very long lie in (catching up after night shifties!) so skipped breakfast!!

Lunch- 1pm- Chicken and roasted butternut squash salad (chick breast, BNS roasted with sprinkling of garam masala and frylight, salad leaves, cherry toms, spring onion,green pepper, red chilli). Kelloggs Fibre Plus milk choc (HEXb). A banana.

Snack 5pm- 2 Alpen lights (HEXb) and a Weight Watchers toffee apple yogurt (0.5 syns).

Tea- 7pm- 2 Finn Crisp Plus wholegrain (3 syns) with 2 Laughing Cow XL (2/5 HEXa) and smoked salmon.

Chicken breast stuffed with Laughing Cow deli light blue cheese square (1/5 HEXa) wrapped in Weight Watchers lean bacon, oven baked with steamed veg (broccoli, cabbage, leek, red, green, yellow peppers, herbs). Sweet chilli sauce 10ml (1 syn).

9.30pm. An orange. A Minimilk (1.5 syns). A 350ml glass skimmed milk (HEXa).

Total syns 6.

Last edited:
Another fab loss, your on a roll for sure and that 3 stone award is so close now :)
Hope you've had a good day off, I know when my hubbie works nights it takes him days to really get over it.
Will let you know how I get on tomorrow eveing....any loss will be good. Feeling bloated this evening, think its nerves lol
I'm working from home for next 2 days, got DFS delivering my new RED Leather corner sofa and chair for our conservatory tomorrow....so excited :D
xx

Back