FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

1 1/2lb off for me this week!! Dead chuffed as I was a bit worried and would have been disappointed with another STS or even worse a gain!! I have been good most of the week, with just a couple of minor slip-ups and in hindsight I think I've focused far too much on those occasions and forgotten how on-plan I've been the rest of the time! I'm especially pleased as FINALLY I'm back to where I was pre-Christmas- the lowest I've been since I was 21 years old and that was only because I'd lost a couple of stone with WW- Apart from that I haven't been this weight since I was about 17!!

*proud*

well done honey xxx

That's a brilliant loss funcurls, really well done. You food diary is sounding super yummy as always.

You are doing so well xxxx

Aww thanks hun, some changes made today as I was meant to finish work at 3pm but they asked me to stay on until 8pm which threw me! Luckily the hospital canteen does jacket potatoes with the exciting filling of.....baked beans!!! X

well done funcurls on your loss this week.your doin great.im really struggling and its driving me mad.not happy cos i cant have what i want and not happy when i do have what i want i feel guilty :O(

Keep going hun you are sooo close!! What I always do when I'm finding it tough and tempted by things I SHOULDN'T eat is write a list of all the things I love that are free or very low in syns!! There are loads! Try and focus on all the things you CAN have but also plan to build in small amounts or the occasional bigger amount of the naughtier faves!! Love the new avatar!!

Week 69- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy- Working 7.30am-3pm.

Before work-6.30am- 3 egg scramblette with smoked salmon and herbs. A banana.

Work break 1- 10.30am- Blueberries, a pear and a strawberry cheesecake Mullerlight (1 syn). 2 choc/orange Alpen light bars (HEXb).

Work break 2-1.30pm- Piri-piri roasted mackerel salad- mackerel fillet 80g- from Tesco (0.5 syns), mixed leaves with baby spinach, spring onion, red onion, vine tomato, beetroot, balsamic vinegar, 2 tbspns xl salad cream (2 syns). Some Asda black pepper cottage cheese.

1 Ferrero Rocher chocolate (3.5 syns!!!)

Went shopping after work (clothes!! Only bought a little navy cardy from New Look though, oh and some CDs from Tesco!) Got hungry by 5.30pm and bought spicy king prawn pasta with rocket (looked innocent enough but set me back 8.5 syns!!).

10pm- 2 Joe's hot & spicy pork steaks (small) with oriental bean stirfry veg.

Total syns 15.5.

Last edited:
Brilliant loss on Monday and bet you feel amazing to be under the weight you were when you were 21 :) A real inspiration!

Thanks chick! Were you much slimmer when you were younger or has weight always been a problem for you? My problems started when I was about 16!X

Hi Heather, I've found you!! Well done on your loss this week!! I weighed last night and lost 2 lbs!! Got my stone award too! Have a good weekend and I'll see you Monday! R x

Hi Heather, I've found you!! Well done on your loss this week!! I weighed last night and lost 2 lbs!! Got my stone award too! Have a good weekend and I'll see you Monday! R x

Hey Rach hun!! Luvvin the name lol! Well done on your loss-and your stone award!!! You're doing great!!
Don't worry, I don't expect you to read all 3605 of my posts lol!! Hope to see more of you on here- it's so fab- really supportive and a great source of info/recipes!! CU Monday!X

Thanks chick! Were you much slimmer when you were younger or has weight always been a problem for you? My problems started when I was about 16!X

When I got married (at 19 years old) I was about 50-52kg. It wasn't until after I had my first son (at 20) that I started to put on weight and since then have been on the heavy side.

well done heather!!! really proud of you mrs!! :)

When I got married (at 19 years old) I was about 50-52kg. It wasn't until after I had my first son (at 20) that I started to put on weight and since then have been on the heavy side.

Well I can't even blame kiddywinkles coz I haven't had any!! I had a boyfriend at the age of 16 and I would have my tea at home then go to his house later in the evening and we'd get a takeaway! It started with twice a week and the habits just got worse! My Mum would nag me and criticise my increasing weight (naturally worried) and I just rebelled and the problem just got worse- I then over the years, aged 18-32 became a yo-yo dieter and each time I regained I ended up heavier and heavier! I really feel I've cracked it and got the balance right this time! Fingers crossed I've changed my ways for good!!!X

Week 69- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Breakfast-9.30am- 28g porridge (HEXb) with 175ml skimmed milk (1/2 HEXa), with 2 small chopped pears and blueberries.

Lunch- At 'Monkey'-1.30pm- Bowl of vegetarian bean/veg chilli with 6 potato wedges topped with a little melted cheese (est. 6 syns plus 1/2 HEXa).

Shopping in Tescos-4.30-5pm- Snack afterwards- Seafood selection (king prawns, mussels and squid rings). A jumbo Salt & vinegar Snack-A-Jack (2 syns).

Tea- 8pm- 2 Joe's hot & spicy pork steaks with Asda hot & spicy stirfry veg (I like things hot & spicy!!) with baby spinach mixed in and a pouch of Amoy straight to wok udon noodles (0.5 syns) WOW THOSE BIG FAT UDON NOODLES ARE AMAAAZINGG!! Plum sauce (1.5 syns). 125g pot fat free cherry Activia yogurt. 2 oranges.

10pm- Gave in to a packet of Iced Gems that were winking at me from the cupboard (5 syns!!)

Total syns 15.

Last edited:
Week 69- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Late breakfast- 3 egg scramblette with smoked salmon and herbs. Some blueberries.

Snack-2.30pm- Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus bar (HEXb). More blueberries.

Tea-6.30pm- Piri-piri roasted mackerel fillet (0.5 syns) with salad- mixed leaves, spring onion, beetroot, cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar. Xl salad cream 2 tbspns (2 syns). A small tub Asda black pepper cottage cheese. 2 x 125g pots Activia fat free cherry yogurts. A large blush pear.

Snack- 10pm- snack size packet of sweet chilli Ryvita Minis (4 syns).

Skimmed milk in 3 cups of tea and 2 cups of coffee. (Part HEXa).

Total syns 6.5.

Last edited:
Week 69- Day 6 (Sun)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Breakfast-8.30am- A jumbo salt & vinegar Snack-a-Jack (2 syns). 3 egg scramblette with smoked salmon and herbs. 1/2 large blush pear.

Lunch- In Tenby-2pm- Roast chicken dinner- roast chicken (no skin), broccoli, carrot and mashed sweet potato- 1 large roast potato (2 syns) 1 roast parsnip (2 syns), stuffing (?5 syns), gravy (?3 syns). A couple of spoonfuls of dh's fruit crumble/custard (?2 syns).

Snack- 6pm- 4 laughing cow light triangles (most HEXa). 2 summer fruits Alpen light bars (HEXb). The other 1/2 of large blush pear.

Late tea- 9.30pm- 2 Quorn lamb style grills with stirfried veg (red onion and red pepper) with Amoy udon noodles (0.5 syns). Fresh pineapple.

Skimmed milk in 2 cups tea (remaining bit of HEXa).

Total syns 16.5.

Last edited:
Week 69- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy- Annual leave.

Late breakfast/brunch-11.30am- 3 egg scramblette with smoked salmon and herbs. Some fresh pineapple.

Snack- 2pm- Jumbo salt & vinegar Snack-a-Jack (2 syns) with 1 Laughing cow light (1 syn), a thin chicken slice and a little pickle (0.5 syns).

Before WI- Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus bar (HEXb). A toffee Mullerlight. Some blueberries.

After WI..Went to pub with friend- Tavener's chicken- chicken breast, lean bacon, BBQ sauce (3 syns) and melted cheddar (approx 28g- HEXa). With jacket potato (no butter), peas and salad leaves.

Cadbury's Creme Egg on way home (8.5 syns).

Total syns 15.

Last edited:
Baa humbug, I gained 1.5 lbs!! After staying well within my syns this week and feeling that I really was on plan 100% I can only put it down to *week, which nearly always affects me! I'm disappointed because I really wanted to LOSE 1.5lb this week to get my 4.5 stone award!! I was finally feeling that I was making good progress to get to target!! Oh well *very deep breath*!! Keep calm and carry on!!

Back