FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Wish we could get such a good range of quorn. I am stuck with sausages, mince and the joint.
Can't even get the joints in our Iceland Sue, so you're one up on me.
They used to stock chicken pieces too which were brilliant - really "felt" and tasted like chicken - but they seem to have disappeared.
So we're limited to the mince as I can't stand the sausages. :cry:

Claireybella said:
I hear that hon! Still doing that! 1.5 to go till I'm back to my lightest with SW

And 2lb for me to do the same lol! We WILL do this Clairey, we WILL!! You could still join mine n Bev's challenge! 9 weeks left, and you could just try and lose 1/2 stone in that time if it would help u focus? Leads up to Elles wedding ! X

fillymum said:
Me too Heather......it's daft isn't especially when we are intelligent enough to know better.

Well done on your weight loss !!

I love your menus. Wish we could get such a good range of quorn. I am stuck with sausages, mince and the joint. Am going to ask sis to bring me some meatballs etc. when she comes over.

Your omelets sound delish. It is one of my favourite foods. Eggs are the perfect vehicle for almost anything you want.I even use up left overs in an omelet.

Big hugs and have a great day !!:hug99:

Thanks Sue! I've rekindled my love for Quorn products as the texture seems to fill me up and it is versatile. I also like supermarket own brand meat free products. It's a shame you can't get the range in Quorn, perhaps you will have to start getting creative with Quorn mince! Could you maybe make burgers/meatballs with them using enough egg to bind? Talking of eggs, omelettes totally save me on SW! So great for breakfast and keeping me full for hours! And throwing a load of veg in is not only delicious but a great way to slip some sf in! I love cereal but only when its not long before my next meal as it just doesn't fill me for long, especially 28g which is nothing, even bulked up with fruit! x

Meatballs made from quorn mince are delish. Lots of spices and onions bound together with an egg. I've done these loads of times to go with pasta and a tomato sauce!

Meatballs made from quorn mince are delish. Lots of spices and onions bound together with an egg. I've done these loads of times to go with pasta and a tomato sauce!

Sounds really yummy Bev! I'll have to try these myself!! Quorn is also great to have a green or a red day sometimes as having a second HEX is a real treat!!X

Can't even get the joints in our Iceland Sue, so you're one up on me.
They used to stock chicken pieces too which were brilliant - really "felt" and tasted like chicken - but they seem to have disappeared.
So we're limited to the mince as I can't stand the sausages. :cry:

I had forgotten the chicken, yes that is good as well especially for a curry.

With the sausages I put them in the food processor with chopped roasted red peppers, onion that has been fried in fry light,a stock cube crumbled in, an egg......whizz away. Mould into burger shapes and bake in the oven. I sometimes add cumin or flaked chilies, basil or sage. Makes a change served with SW chips and a poached egg.

I use a tray of Yorkshire pudding tins and baking paper to bake them in as I do not have any of the new non stick baking sheets. I don't feel happy about them.

Week 94- Day 4 (Fri)- Extra Easy- Working night shift 7.30pm-8am.

Breakfast- 1 slice wholemeal toast (HEXb) with 2 poached eggs and baked beans.

Late lunch- Roast chicken (slow-cooked yesterday) with salad (mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, red onion, red pepper, balsamic vinegar, topped with 14g grated cheddar- 1/2 HEXa). Snacked on some mushy peas!!

Work food- With cuppa- Lushious lemon HIFI bar (5.5 syns). Quorn Swedish style meatballs in homemade pasta sauce (see Wed) with wholewheat pasta with some stirfried vegetables. Kiwi fruit, peach and strawberries. Activia cherry fat free Snackpot.

Milk in cups of tea (1/2 HEXa).

Total syns 5.5.

Last edited:
It must be much harder when you are doing nights.

It must be much harder when you are doing nights.

It can be Sue! I think it takes more organisation and sometimes more resistence during the witching hours of 2-5am!! But generally I'm working/sleeping/getting ready for work so actually I'm not thinking about food all the time and I think I eat less generally!X

:eek::eek::eek:

I eat less by day but by night..

OMG!

I'm like a demon.

I've got a week of nights coming up soon..week after next I think..Gonna be so hard!

I'm absolutely fine unless I'm feeling weak and give into all the goodies people bring in!! Very pleased with myself as last night my friend Ang brought in a big chocolate tray cake and I didn't touch a morsel!! I was obviously feeling strong and totally in 'the zone'!!!X

Week 94- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy- On night shift 7.30pm-8am.

Early AM in work- 2 M&S mini chocolate teacake bites (3 syns).

At home- Roast chicken Mugshot (0.5 syns).

After waking up/before work- 3-egg chicken, red onion, mushroom, red pepper, green chilli omelette(with extra chilli powder- I like things hot hot hot!) served with mushy peas! A peach.

A glass of my neighbour's home-made blackcurrant cordial (?2 syns).

Work food- A lushious lemon HIFI bar (HEXb). Chicken (from slow-cooked chicken) salad (mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, red onion, beetroot, grilled sweet red peppers (from a jar-then griddled them myself to sort of char them), grated cheddar 28g (HEXa). 2 half corn-on-the-cobs. A cherry Activia fat free Snackpot. A little of Ang's chocolate cake- couldn't resist! (6 syns)

Total syns 11.5

Last edited:
After waking up/before work- 3-egg mushroom, red pepper, green chilli omelette and mushy peas. A peach.
Oh dear - my brain must still be asleep today. I read that the peach was also IN the omelette with the pepper and chilli and thought "Yuk Hevs, what on earth are you doing combining this lot !!!"

I think I need to go and have a cold shower and see if this wakes the brain up. :D

Oh dear - my brain must still be asleep today. I read that the peach was also IN the omelette with the pepper and chilli and thought "Yuk Hevs, what on earth are you doing combining this lot !!!"

I think I need to go and have a cold shower and see if this wakes the brain up. :D

...but then again Bev, who makes the rules?!! Heston Blumenthal might dream of such combinations...X

...but then again Bev, who makes the rules?!! Heston Blumenthal might dream of such combinations...X

Heston Blumenthal.................Heston Bloomennuts !!!:D

Good luck for the night shift, i think you are a saint!! I have just worked 11.30-8.30pm and thought i was hard done to but i have it easy compared to your night shift x

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Back