FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Week 98- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- 2 poached eggs on wholemeal toast (HEXb) with baked beans and fresh tomatoes and red chilli. Nandos extra extra hot piri piri sauce (1 syn). An orange and some strawberries.

Lunch- Boots Shapers fish sushi (1.5 syns), fresh fruit salad (strawberries, melon, grapes, pineapple). A Weetabix white chocolate Oatybar (3.5 syns)

Tea- Beef stew (beef, onion, potato, parsnip, swede, carrot, herbs, stock). 21g Red Leicester cheese (3/4 HEXa).

Went to friend's caravan in the evening to watch X-Factor and Strictly and despite all virtuous intentions, ended up picking on sourdough bread, cheese and sundried tomatoes and quite frankly lost track of syn intake!! Estimating an extra 25 syns for the evening's pickings but can't be sure.

Total syns in the region of 31!

Last edited:
Hello lovely! Just checking in - you have done so well - target very soon me thinks!! I'm just getting back on the wagon after being MIA for a while, so having a good ole catch up on here xxxx

Hello lovely! Just checking in - you have done so well - target very soon me thinks!! I'm just getting back on the wagon after being MIA for a while, so having a good ole catch up on here xxxx

Hi fellow Devonian!! How are you hun, long time no shpeak!! Thanks for your message of support!! Very encouraging!! I soooo can't wait to get there now!! Going to a 'pie n mash' party tomorrow at a neighbour's, so hope this doesn't sabotage me!! I'm tempted to eat at home before I go and then just 'taste' pie and have a helping of mash!! Maybe there will be piles and piles of mushy peas I can just dive right into!!! Glad to see you back in the groove again and hope all is well!!XXXXXXXX

Week 98- Day 6 (Sun)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- 3-egg smoked salmon, red pepper, red chilli and tomato omelette with Nandos XX hot piri-piri sauce (0.5 syns). Some strawberries, a sliced orange and Total 0% yogurt.

Late lunch- at a neighbour's house- 'pie & mash party'!!! Starter was very very SW-friendly- Gravaldax, green salad and another salad including prawns, tomatoes, onions, peppers, chillis, squash, lemons and limes! Very zesty and yummy! And a thin slice of a fish terrine thingy! Yum! Main course- a piece of fish pie (incl pastry!), green beans, small spoon of mash (def made with butter/cream!) and very small amount of creamed swede/butternut squash (also made with butter/cream!). Dessert- small slice of chocolate terrine thingy made with pineapple, ginger, coconut and whisky (To die for but NOT slimming which is why I only had a small slice!) Total syns unknown ?40!

Tea- Small bowl beef stew (See Fri). A Cherry Mullerlight.

Not a great weekend food-wise but tried to limit damage as much as possible by having only small amounts of the naughty stuff and more of the good stuff! No alcohol consumed! A STS would be most welcome tomorrow but doubtful!!!X

Hevs - your food for the rest of the week has been good though so I'll keep everything crossed for you for at least a STS.

Me ? Big gain coming, was 1.75 lbs UP this morning and will most likely be more by tomorrow. I stamped my foot and then lay on the ground and waggled my legs in the air in a tantrum today and said that I will NOT eat out 6 times next week (the cause of this weeks gain).

Hevs - your food for the rest of the week has been good though so I'll keep everything crossed for you for at least a STS.

Me ? Big gain coming, was 1.75 lbs UP this morning and will most likely be more by tomorrow. I stamped my foot and then lay on the ground and waggled my legs in the air in a tantrum today and said that I will NOT eat out 6 times next week (the cause of this weeks gain).

Oh I do hope I don't go in the wrong direction! A STS would at least feel reasonable, but weekend bloat may show by now with no time to reduce it!! I haven't weighed myself on my home scales over the weekend as I'm too scared and don't want to put myself in a bad mood if it's bad news! So tonight's WI at class will be a surprise, good or bad!!!

Ouch re gain!! That's not fair!! Grrrwww we should totally give up our social lives and live like hermits and eat raw salads and nothing else! At least we'd be sylphlike!!! Oh well, fret not, it's important to enjoy life and there are plenty of opportunities to cut back and be good! It's all about the balance!! Next week will be your week!!XXX

Phew!!! I did it!! I lost 1lb which has taken me down into the 10st range!!! It's taken me a very very long time to go down through the 11s but it feels great to finally be out the other end and into the range that I'll be happy staying within!! I don't think I'll ever be 9 stone anything, but quite frankly I don't really aspire to be! I feel like I'm finally home (almost!!!) X

Week 98- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- 28g Shredded Wheat Bitesize (HEXb) with sliced banana and 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa).

Lunch- Cosmo!!!!! As it was before WI I consciously kept it light which is a good thing because I still thoroughly enjoyed it without the need to be a total piggywiggy!! Went for the healthiest things with ?15 syns for oil and minimal sauce!

After Wi- Sainsburys small fish sushi (1.5 syns). A few Maltesers (approx 4 syns).

At home- Baked a chocolate cake for my bezzie's Bday tomorrow and was naughty and licked the bowl and spoon!! ? syns but to hell with it, it's WI day and MUST be good for the rest of the week if I stand a chance of getting that 1lb off!!!

Total syns ? 30?! Flexisyn day and lets call it a week!!!

Week 99- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy.

Breakfast- 2 Weetabix (HEXb) with sliced banana and 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa).

Lunch- Pub for my bezzie's Bday! Poached hake fillet with a coconut and coriander sauce and stirfried veg with jacket potato! At home- (Large!!) slice of chocolate cake baked for my friend by my good self!! Ridiculously high in calories and had far too much!! And had extra icing (pure chocolate and creme fraiche!!) followed by chocolate truffles and Maltesers (which had been used to decorate the cake!) Total self-sabotage and over-indulgence!! Definitely done enough to sabotage a loss next Mon and probably caused a gain!! Must pull it back!!!X

Last edited:
Phew!!! I did it!! I lost 1lb which has taken me down into the 10st range!!! It's taken me a very very long time to go down through the 11s but it feels great to finally be out the other end and into the range that I'll be happy staying within!! I don't think I'll ever be 9 stone anything, but quite frankly I don't really aspire to be! I feel like I'm finally home (almost!!!) X
ABSOLUTELY BLUMIN' FANTASTIC. :bliss::woohoo:
It must feel absolutely great to be in the 10's and only 3 more pounds to go! I am so happy for you.

. . .
Next week will be your week!!XXX
We'll see. Our friends are still here until next Sunday but with only 2 meals planned out! So if I am really careful I should hopefully manage a STS which would be a serious victory.

url

Congratulations Heather !!!! I am so pleased for you

You hard work has paid off,:bighug:

Pommette said:
ABSOLUTELY BLUMIN' FANTASTIC. :bliss::woohoo:
It must feel absolutely great to be in the 10's and only 3 more pounds to go! I am so happy for you.

We'll see. Our friends are still here until next Sunday but with only 2 meals planned out! So if I am really careful I should hopefully manage a STS which would be a serious victory.

Thanks Bev!! I'm sure you can still do it, even with company! Ya know you want to....! X

fillymum said:
Congratulations Heather !!!! I am so pleased for you

You hard work has paid off,:bighug:

Aw thanks Sue!! It feels good but I'm now at risk of sabotaging!! I was making a cake last night for my pal and I couldn't resist scraping the bowl AND scoffing loads of chocolate! I may regret these actions come next week!!! X

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go HEVS!!!!! What a brilliant achievement!! Down into the 10s!!!

Hopefully i'll be joining you in the not too distant future!!

Good luck for getting your 5 stone shiney next week!! xx

pesty said:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go HEVS!!!!! What a brilliant achievement!! Down into the 10s!!!

Hopefully i'll be joining you in the not too distant future!!

Good luck for getting your 5 stone shiney next week!! xx

Pesty, thank u thank u!! XxX

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You really are FAB! Welcome to the 10's my friend xxxx

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You really are FAB! Welcome to the 10's my friend xxxx

Hey Slim-Jim!! Thanks! It feels great to finally be in the 10s! Wow I notice that you're very nearly in the 9s now!! And 5'7"- you must be really really slim (I see from your photos that you are!!!) I don't think I'll ever get into the 9s, but ultimately would love to be in the early 10s! That's my dream!!! :8855:Hope you're having a good week sweetie!!XXX

Back