FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Hey Slim-Jim!! Thanks! It feels great to finally be in the 10s! Wow I notice that you're very nearly in the 9s now!! And 5'7"- you must be really really slim (I see from your photos that you are!!!) I don't think I'll ever get into the 9s, but ultimately would love to be in the early 10s! That's my dream!!! :8855:Hope you're having a good week sweetie!!XXX

Thank you babes - still got wobbly bits buy hey who hasn't? I am re-setting my target to 10 stone as of today! I have been quite comfortable in the low 10's for a while now and think my body likes it here! Cannot for the life of me get into the 9's and life is too short to worry about a number eh? I felt like a bit of a failure giving up before reaching my original target but after MUCH consideration think I would be a bigger failure making myself miserable chasing something unnecessarily! So this is it!.....well....nearly! I still want to see 10 stone dead so 0.5 to go - I do still like the chase!! :D. Well done again chick and thank you for your help in my journey! You don't know how much of a help and inspiration you have been xxxx

Thank you babes - still got wobbly bits buy hey who hasn't? I am re-setting my target to 10 stone as of today! I have been quite comfortable in the low 10's for a while now and think my body likes it here! Cannot for the life of me get into the 9's and life is too short to worry about a number eh? I felt like a bit of a failure giving up before reaching my original target but after MUCH consideration think I would be a bigger failure making myself miserable chasing something unnecessarily! So this is it!.....well....nearly! I still want to see 10 stone dead so 0.5 to go - I do still like the chase!! :D. Well done again chick and thank you for your help in my journey! You don't know how much of a help and inspiration you have been xxxx

Aww bless ya!! Nice to think I've been an inspiration to someone lol! Mind you, you'd take that back if you'd seen me stuffing my face with chocolate cake today!!! I think I've seriously done some damage now for the week!! It was pure unadulterated piggyness!!!!

Well if you're doing everything you can and you're not getting below 10st then maybe your bod is telling you something!! At the end of the day you are under the middle of your healthy BMI range, and remember, curves are a good thing!! I'm at the top of my BMI range and after I've reached target at 10st10 would like to eventually (perhaps over the next year) aim for the middle which would also put me at about 10 stone! But I'm going to see how I feel and it would have to be a very gradual change as I don't want to make any drastic lifestyle changes I can't keep up!! I think the key is that whatever we do has to be realistic, acheivable and make us happy!!XXX

Just remembered ladies that my dear, wise old mum used to say it is better to be a plum than a prune so if the 10's are good for you and where you should be stick with it.!!

You are both inspirational,

hugs :bighug:

Just remembered ladies that my dear, wise old mum used to say it is better to be a plum than a prune so if the 10's are good for you and where you should be stick with it.!!

You are both inspirational,

hugs :bighug:

Wise words indeed!! I'd much rather be curvy than a shrivelled old prune that's for sure!! Thanks Sue!!XXX

SOMEBODY HEELLLLPPP MEEEEE!!!! Ooh deary deary deary me!!! I don't know whether I'm deliberately self-sabotaging because I feel I somehow deserve it getting into the 10s, or because I'm testing myself, having a blow-out to get it out of my system, or simply thrown off kilter because it was my best friend's Birthday today!! I haven't stopped eating today!! The chocolate cake I made was so ridiculously full of calories- very very rich and I KNOW what went into it!!! I also cooked a chicken this evening and ate a load of the skin and just haven't been able to stop myself picking on all the wrong things all day!! Goodness knows how many syns have gone down the trap- Must be in the region of 80- 100!! I think it's too late to correct the damage by next Monday but I can only do my best!! Aaaaaggghhh I hate being out of control!XXX

Back on track- no more Mrs Nice Guy!! After yesterday's piggyness (not to mention Monday night post-weigh-in!) I can't afford to put a foot wrong!!

Week 99- Day 2 (Wed)- Extra Easy- Working 7.30am-8pm.

Before work- Smoked salmon omelette.

Work break 1- Fresh strawberries and kiwi fruit. Fat free Greek yogurt. A Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus bar (HEXb).

Work break 2- Chilli chicken salad (chicken breast with hot chilli explosion spices, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, red chilli, red pepper, Nandos xx hot Peri-Peri sauce- 0.5 syns, balsamic vinegar, xl salad cream- 1 syn).

At home- A Spicy Sweet & Sour Mugshot. Some instant mash with some green beans. A smidge of gravy (0.5 syns). A few strawberries. A cherry Mullerlight.

Total syns 1.5.

Last edited:
SOMEBODY HEELLLLPPP MEEEEE!!!! Ooh deary deary deary me!!! I don't know whether I'm deliberately self-sabotaging because I feel I somehow deserve it getting into the 10s, or because I'm testing myself, having a blow-out to get it out of my system, or simply thrown off kilter because it was my best friend's Birthday today!! I haven't stopped eating today!! The chocolate cake I made was so ridiculously full of calories- very very rich and I KNOW what went into it!!! I also cooked a chicken this evening and ate a load of the skin and just haven't been able to stop myself picking on all the wrong things all day!! Goodness knows how many syns have gone down the trap- Must be in the region of 80- 100!! I think it's too late to correct the damage by next Monday but I can only do my best!! Aaaaaggghhh I hate being out of control!XXX
Boo Hoo Heather - but it is NOT too late to redeem it. I had heaps more syns than that last week and I only put on that little ¾ lb.

So get on lots of speed fruit, speed soup (commonly know as fart soup if you think the patients won't mind) and guzzle water like it's going out of fashion. And limit syns if you can for the rest of the week.

You can do it chica.

Come on lovely Heather, that magical Number 10 is worth so much more than chicken skin!
Just keep focused and each time you are tempted, just think which is better to see 10 or 11 - I know which I prefer!
It was seeing Number 11 on the scales for the first time in years which kicked my butt back into action. It frightened me.
Let's get you that last 3 off girl - it'll be fantastic to see you at target in a couple of weeks time.

Hevs - everyone has already said very useful stuff so i will take the hard line and be the 'bad cop'!

What the heck are you doing missy?

Ive been in the same position as you before, when i got into the 12's i went a bit OTT and Eurphoric and scoffed my pants off. But the damage was 2lbs on for me (after bank hols and hen night) and i had to cope with that.

You only had the one night off - so if you are 100% you can cause minimal damage.

Be good from now on or else i will come down on you like a HOUSE.

Boom.

Love you lots!

Elle 'Bad Cop' Bear xxx

How strange, I just wrote a really long reply and sent it but it has got lost in cyberspace!! If it turns up, just rip it up and destroy it like a void cheque!!!

Anyway, as I was saying, thanks so much Bev, Jay and Elle for your wise words of support and for being such true pals!! Elle I definitely require a firm hand sometimes to whip me into shape so the 'bad cop' role was a good one!!! It worked!!

The good news is that as of this morning I am back on it 100% and have definitely got my little period of sabotage and piggyness out of my system!!! I plan to keep this up now until target!! I know it's unlikely I can get a loss now next Monday but what I can do is have a positive attitude and limit the damage! I'm performing in a choir concert on Saturday and there will be a huge and magnificent buffet on offer (we the choir are providing the food- I'm making a large rice salad!) I will be eating only salads, pasta and cold meats and that's a fact!!

Thanks again ladies for your wisdom and support! I know I'll be OK now!! You are fab!!!!XXXXXXXXXX

Aw Heather well done getting back on track after your blip. Maybe you're feeling the pressure to reach target? Instead of focusing on target how about just concentrating on eating yummy food and taking things a week at a time? It can be overwhelming and sometimes we crumble under the pressure to achieve!

I had an absolutely scrumptious omelette for lunch and I thought of you and your 3 egg omelettes! Why have I never had 3 before?! 3 eggs are so much better than 2 lol! I made it with tomatoes, ham & cheese and it was so filling and delicous. I think I may have another one tomorrow :D

Honeyoc said:
Aw Heather well done getting back on track after your blip. Maybe you're feeling the pressure to reach target? Instead of focusing on target how about just concentrating on eating yummy food and taking things a week at a time? It can be overwhelming and sometimes we crumble under the pressure to achieve!

I had an absolutely scrumptious omelette for lunch and I thought of you and your 3 egg omelettes! Why have I never had 3 before?! 3 eggs are so much better than 2 lol! I made it with tomatoes, ham & cheese and it was so filling and delicous. I think I may have another one tomorrow :D

Thanks Honey! You are a wise owl (note the absence of the word 'old'!!) Yes I think you're right about the pressure to succeed! I think that's what I've been shying away from! So I am now going to approach it differently and just enjoy eating only the yummiest and healthiest of foods but enjoy the achievements when they happen rather than making Target the ONLY thing that matters! Thanks m'luv! Wow glad you enjoyed the omelette! Sounded like a great choice! Yes I really do swear by the 3-egg approach rather than 2! Someone once suggested I use 2 to try and boost my losses, but to be perfectly honest I think its more likely to be the slip-ups on cakes or mammoth portions of carbs that have slowed me down in the past! I think that 3-egg omelettes help me so much as they keep hunger at bay for 5-6 hours whereas if I went for a HEX of cereal, even with fruit I would be hungry 2-3 hrs later! Omelettes rock! XxX

Oh hun!! Sorry i didnt pop in to give u a kick up the bum!! Seems EB did a pretty good job tho lol.

Im so glad to see you back on it!! Getting this close to target does crazy things to people!!

Just focus on having a 100% day today and nothing else. Then tomorrow when you wake up focus on having a 100% day and nothing else, can you see the pattern here?? lol

The point is it is so easy thinking 0.5lb til this 1lb til that then kicking yourself for not managing 3000 100% days in a row. You are allowed one crazy day off, draw a line under that as if it wasnt part of this SW week and carry on as usual.

1 bad day doesnt spoil a good week and even if you were to STS (whcih i doubt you will) that just means you'll get there next week, which in the scheme of things isnt the end of world.

Lots and lots of love and hugs!!

Pestypoo :D xx

Thanks Pesty m'luv! I know you'd have kicked me into touch too!! I need people like you guys around! Infact that's why we're all here! The support and other peoples' pearls of wisdom really do help!! I always find the 100% day at a time useful! Quite often I find that all I need is one and then I don't want to spoil the pattern! I'm back on track but still sceptical about whether I can save myself from a gain in time for Monday! I'm confident that I can stay on track, but wonder if the chocolate cake has caused a major setback!! Oh well! Hope you're feelin good Pestypoos and Ellebear well done once again on a tremendous loss!! XxX

Week 99- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy- Working night shift 7.30pm-8am.

Long lie in- preparation for night shift.
Brunch- Mashed potato with green beans and peas. Some strawberries.

Tea before work- Tikka Pot Noodle GTI (4.5 syns) with green beans and peas. A banana. 1/2 a mango. 1 Malteaser (0.5 syns).

Work food- 2 small cod fillets with mango, lime, coconut and chilli sauce (5.5 syns). Salad- Romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, onion. Coconut/choc sprinkles Mullerlight (1 syn). Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus bar (HEXb).

Milk in cups of tea (part HEXa).

Total syns 11.5.

Back