FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Hiya chica - hope the night shift is going well if you pick this up.

The rest og my household have gone to bed - by 11pm. Feel lonely.
But I'll probably go too fairly shortly.

Well done for resisting the goodies last night too!

Pommette said:
Hiya chica - hope the night shift is going well if you pick this up.

The rest og my household have gone to bed - by 11pm. Feel lonely.
But I'll probably go too fairly shortly.

Well done for resisting the goodies last night too!

Hey sweetie, fellow night owl! Well the night is going well so far! Nice peeps on with me, relaxed atmosphere and I have had just ONE Aero Bubble!! Just about to tuck into my baked spinach risotto with chicken breast then melon!

Glad you're enjoying your lovely guests, but ooh, aren't they early to bed!! Lightweights lol! X

Pops in to say hello
have just finish a week of night shifts
myself it always help to have nice people
on with you
hope the rest of the shift goes okay

Mumma K said:
Pops in to say hello
have just finish a week of night shifts
myself it always help to have nice people
on with you
hope the rest of the shift goes okay

Ooh so you're in night mode then!! It takes a while to revert back to days/ land of the living doesn't it!! Are you a nurse too? Where do you work? X

Honeyoc said:
Hiya Heather! Well done getting back on track! Gosh it's hard to keep up with your diary with night and morning shifts lol! Just thought I'd stop by and say hey :D

Oh a medium slice of white bread is 4 syns, unless you had a thick slice?

Muwah!

Hey honeyboney! Just a thought, why is 'honey' pronounced 'hunny' yet 'boney' would be pronounced 'bowney'? The English language is so strange! Oh dear, please excuse my night shift fuelled ramblings- they do strange things to me!!!

Yes I felt so flaming awful and guilt-ridden after my fling with the Doritos and choccy that I was determined to nip it in the bud! I'm going to be disappointed as it is with a gain on Monday and want to at least minimise the damage! Glad you enjoyed Budapest so much! I laughed my head off at the pic of a traumatised Rosie on her doting, beaming Brothers' shoulders lol! Oh welk, at least he won her heart in the end!! Hope those gnashers are treating you well and not causing too much jip!

Ooh and thanks re the bread synnage...unfortunately it was thick!! xX

Last edited:
funcurls said:
Ooh so you're in night mode then!! It takes a while to revert back to days/ land of the living doesn't it!! Are you a nurse too? Where do you work? X
It certainly does indeed thankfully I have a nice week off to readjust my body clock
Im a Bus driver I drive for the longstay car parks on Airport

Mumma K said:
It certainly does indeed thankfully I have a nice week off to readjust my body clock
Im a Bus driver I drive for the longstay car parks on Airport

Ooh cool! I hope you enjoy your job! Aaah lovely, anything nice planned during your week off? X

Mumma K said:
Been a busy bee decluttering the cupboards :rolleyes:

hope your having a nice sleep
are you working this evening as well ?

Noop, I'm off now until Wed- back on days then Wed, Thurs and Sat (12.5 hr shifts) then another one off night on Sun! There's no set pattern to our shifts so my body clock is forever all over the place! I'm currently on the settee alternating between snoozing and watching all the programmes I've missed over the past few days! What are your hours like? X

Hiya Hevs - yes these guests of ours who have professed not to sleep leave me alone my midnight at the latest. Bl**dy useless lightweighst as you said.

Mind. It has cooled down quite a bit and I am finally getting some sleep again. Yay!!! In fact off to bed now but will report in tomorrow for WI. Scales were VERY kind yesterday, not so kind today and will be up again tomorrow as - guess what - I've cooked paella again today and I always get carb bloat after rice!

Have a good few days off chica and speak again tomorrow.

Pommette said:
Hiya Hevs - yes these guests of ours who have professed not to sleep leave me alone my midnight at the latest. Bl**dy useless lightweighst as you said.

Mind. It has cooled down quite a bit and I am finally getting some sleep again. Yay!!! In fact off to bed now but will report in tomorrow for WI. Scales were VERY kind yesterday, not so kind today and will be up again tomorrow as - guess what - I've cooked paella again today and I always get carb bloat after rice!

Have a good few days off chica and speak again tomorrow.

This is what I'm worrying about this week- carb bloat! Putting Dorito & choc-gate aside, I've actually been bang on plan all other days, but over the weekend have been on a carb-fest! A lot of rice and potatoes and today nowhere near enough superfree, altho a green day! I've been hiding from my scales since Thurs's mishap- will check in morning though to prepare myself for class WI! I just have a gloomy feeling it's gunnab baaaddd! Feel it in my bones...well my tummy actually lol!

Glad to hear the temp has dropped enough for you to get your slumber! Sleep is our friend! XxX

Well folks, it's not good news!! I gained 3 1/2 lbs!:booboo:

I knew it was on the cards when I weighed at home this morning for a sneaky peek, but it doesn't make it any easier to see!!! This means that I've gone back up into the 11s AND gone 2.5 lb out of target range, and 5.5 lbs up from my actual target of 10st10!!! It's not a nice feeling but I'm trying to be positive and am determined to get the gain off by next week!! I have to lose 2.5 lb to avoid paying- it's not about the money, but far more about the pride and feelings of failure!!! I just want to be back there, especially with a holiday in 4 weeks and Christmas in 9 weeks!!! In fact it would be nice to be a few lbs under Target to give me the leeway!!

I will be keeping a strict diary from tomorrow and NOTHING is going to stand in my way this week!! X

Aw Hevs - I know you had a choc-gate but that gain seems a bit unfair.

BUT - you do know how to do this chica. You've done it before and managed to lose it again. So steer clear of the carbs and get back on those omelettes!

Injured pride, I'll allow you - but failure, NO! A little deviation off course does not mean that. We can't be angels all the time:break_diet:so just go back and pick up your wings and get flying again!

YOU CAN DO THIS. :bighug:

Pommette said:
Aw Hevs - I know you had a choc-gate but that gain seems a bit unfair.

BUT - you do know how to do this chica. You've done it before and managed to lose it again. So steer clear of the carbs and get back on those omelettes!

Injured pride, I'll allow you - but failure, NO! A little deviation off course does not mean that. We can't be angels all the time:break_diet:so just go back and pick up your wings and get flying again!

YOU CAN DO THIS. :bighug:

Thanks soooo much for your vote of confidence Bev! You're one in a million and what you said makes perfect sense and was what I needed to hear! You have a marvellous way with words! Thank you my sweet! I now know I'm going to do this! X

Oh nooo! Sorry about the gain - like Bev said, it does seem undeserved! However, you are so positive you'll have that off in no time! The chocolate and Doritos binge is probably what you needed to get out of your system, and now you can get back to it. You'll be at your new target in no time! xxx

Yay LS - Good to see you chica! How are you?
Just gonna hop over to your diary to say hello.

MummaK, Lilsos and Leanne, thanks chickies, your words are very encouraging and I really hope I can get a good loss next week! So far so good- day 1 is going well....X

Back