Funny Supermarket Observations!! (Food Mentioned)

tillyfloss

Gold Member
Has anyone else glanced into someones basket / trolley at the supermarket and had a private giggle??

Today in front and behind me I had a giggle.

The lady in front of me had in her basket about 10 packets of WW desert, the only other thing she had in her basket was bottle and boxes of wine!!
I did wonder if the former was to make her feel better the day after the night before :D

Behind me, the girl put on the belt a copy of WW & SW magazine, She then put on several family size bags of crisps and a couple of those hugistic bars of choc....

I must admit I did a double take and then blushed terribly because she notice me looking...

I am not rude.... Just one of those funny occasions when you have to smile...

Anyone else had any funny's in the supermarket?

x

Funny! That sounds exactly like my shopping used to be! I'd flick though the mags, while eating a family size Aero, and wonder why I was fat.

and why shouldnt we feel virtuous? LOL ... I was exactly the same girls. but that would open my eyes now if I saw it. It is funny, and a little sad too

in my basket today was...... lots of reduced bananas self raisingflour, caster sugar, potatos a pack of 6-9 month baby vests and a birthday card for a 3 year old. Not exactly a balanced diet

LOLOL well my basket (when i was looking at the others) consisted of 3KG bag of pasta, a huge jar of black olives, a sewing magazine, I pack of boys briefs, some frozen cod and a bag of cat kibble so I suppose mine wasn't either!! :)

x

When in the supermarket after work the other day I was amazed at how much booze people were buying - there was an offer on boxes of beers and cider and people were ripping it off the shelf!

And today the people in front had about 8 packs of WW yogs and one of those huge bars of choc. My OH was pretty jealous (he had broccoli and cucumber!!!)

I NEVER eat low fat products.... It's against my religion. lol
I just think a bit of something full fat is better, than alot of something low that doesn't taste nice....

I love looking at what people have in their trolleys. Especially those with kids.

Ha ha! There was once a lad of about 19 in front of me in Asda who bought 24 packet of smartprice chicken noodles and a mackerel! Bizarre! I wonder how long the mackerel lasted him?!
x

Anyone else had any funny's in the supermarket?

x

Only when my HB stands on the back of the trolley and goes flying down the isles - I shouldn't laugh and encourage him, but he looks such an idiot, one can't help laugh. :D:D:D

Though it better than getting completely fed up and angry cos I can't find him!! Why do men just wonder off? GRRR!!! :sigh:lmao :D:D

A while back my partner and I popped into our local Asda whilst passing for some urgent supplies. It may have been the strangest trolley she'd ever seen, as the checkout girl's expression was priceless when along came 5 bags of value cat litter and a loaf of bread. Quick-thinking partner, noticing her jaw drop, said "Cat litter sandwiches - you just can't beat 'em"...!

We don't shop there anymore...

PMSL.

I got a weird look from one checkout woman this time last year. I was 8 months pregnant and the size of a house. My best friend was trying for a baby and was late so she called me and asked me to pick her up a test on my way over. The expression was fantastic,i just said yeah i think I might be pregnant.

lolol
I always grimace when I see people eating from those little dishes on the deli counter!

My firend works at sains ont he deli and she say's never ever touch that food as people pick stuff up and put it back to choose another piece or sneeze over it, take a bit and put it back... etc etc.... that and bowls of nibbles in a bar!! Never touch!
Surprising as well how many people open packs and eat all the way around the store giving the checkout girl empty packs to scan!
:)
x

lolol
I always grimace when I see people eating from those little dishes on the deli counter!

My firend works at sains ont he deli and she say's never ever touch that food as people pick stuff up and put it back to choose another piece or sneeze over it, take a bit and put it back... etc etc.... that and bowls of nibbles in a bar!! Never touch!
Surprising as well how many people open packs and eat all the way around the store giving the checkout girl empty packs to scan!
:)
x

That was me always getting round the supermarket - most don't seem to mind but thats what you get when you go shopping hungry !! - must admit when i buy 20 bottles of water, milk , sweetner , tea , coffer , 7 cans of coke zero and a mag they must think ... i am on a liquid diet which is kinda true i often wonder if they can tell the ppl on the cambridge ??

i love looking in trolleys and always comment to hubby he thinks i am crazy, but it's so sad seeing ppl buy snackajacks , ww stuff and thinking it will work when it's lardened with carbs and things ... i for one always buy ww beans crazy really !!

Eeeeeeeeuwwwwwwwwwww I had no idea people did things like that!!!!

Think of how many men must get out their willy for a wee, not wash their hands then grab something off one of those bowls I feel sick just imagining it :)

Not saying all women wash their hands either but its always the thought of men that get me!

I am a bit of a freak though as I carry a hand anti bac spray that I se instead of hand washing because according to research using the handbasins in public loos isnt that savoury either.....
Maybe a bit of OCD as I open loo doors with my sleeve too!!
x

x

I'm so mosey and always look in other peoples trollys! I see what sort of people buy only value. I work in a supermarket so I do it all day long!

Think of how many men must get out their willy for a wee, not wash their hands then grab something off one of those bowls I feel sick just imagining it :)

Not saying all women wash their hands either but its always the thought of men that get me!

I am a bit of a freak though as I carry a hand anti bac spray that I se instead of hand washing because according to research using the handbasins in public loos isnt that savoury either.....
Maybe a bit of OCD as I open loo doors with my sleeve too!!
x

x
PML:D

Back