Further to my rant about Westernised Countries obsession with food....

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
I am hoping this copies from my email....if not, I will have to fiddle with it get it on here. I found it quite interesting.

This is undoubtedly one of the most interesting e-mails I've ever received. Take a good look at the
diet of each country and the cost ofwhat is eaten in one week................
Italy: The Manzo family of Sicily

Food expenditure for one week: 214.36 Euros or $260.11
get-attachment.aspx

Germany: The Melander family of Bargteheide

Food expenditure for one week: 375.39 Euros or $500.07

get-attachment.aspx

United States: The Revis family of North Carolina (Sure hope most American
families eat more fresh fruits and vegetables and less junk food than this family.)
Food expenditure for one week $341.98

get-attachment.aspx

Mexico: The Casales family of Cuernavaca

Food expenditure for one week: 1,862.78 Mexican Pesos or $189.09
get-attachment.aspx

Poland: The Sobczynscy family of Konstancin-Jeziorna

Food expenditure for one week: 582.48 Zlotys or $151.27
get-attachment.aspx

Egypt: The Ahmed family of Cairo

Food expenditure for one week: 387.85 Egyptian Pounds or $68.53
get-attachment.aspx

Ecuador: The Ay me family of Tingo

Food expenditure for one week: $31.55

get-attachment.aspx

Bhutan: The Namgay family of Shingkhey Village

Food expenditure for one week: 224.93 ngultrum or $5.03

get-attachment.aspx
-------------------------------------------- -- ------------------ ----------------------------------------------------------------

Chad: The Aboubakar family of Breidjing Camp

Food expenditure for one week: 685 CFA Francs or $1.23
get-attachment.aspx
?

Don't know about you, but right about now, I'm counting my blessings!
And maybe finding ways to cut down.....

It is quite surprising how much we eat. I have noticed that since being more aware of what goes in my mouth I have actually cut my family down as I was giving them enormous portions.

They havnt noticed. I started because I wanted to make sure there was nothing left over and it went on from there.

How you feeling BL.

My realisation too Ladylite. I was using too big pots, too big plates and generally cooking too much food. The other day, I went for the weekly food shop on auto pilot. Got home to put stuff away and realised I should have checked becoz there was still food there to last about 2 weeks. Tells you how much I was eating, and with me out of the equation, the food is going so much further. I bought a new set of smaller pots and plates and am serving smaller portions too, and no-one seems to have noticed either.

Hi Lady

Glad you had a good showing today - I am still feeling rough. No joy in that department. :( I am going to go have a bath soon....and soak for awhile. Its gona be an early night for me.

Thanks.

xx

(I love the pic on your site of you on Bohemian Rhapsody - truly impressive!!! I used to love to ride, but never brave enough to jump!)

I wasnt as brave as I look, used to have quite a few sherrys before I started, which is illegal now. Once I had one to many and got lost round the XC course and ended up careering through bushes, most uncomfortable.:D:D:D:D:D

Would get done for "drunken riding now" as I would probably have to have 2 bottles just to get started.:eek:

Family asked for smaller plates after seeing Dear Jamie O. They wanted to watch their diets too. Bought new smaller plates yesterday, but forgot and served on old ones tonight.! No one noticed!

I wasnt as brave as I look, used to have quite a few sherrys before I started, which is illegal now. Once I had one to many and got lost round the XC course and ended up careering through bushes, most uncomfortable.:D:D:D:D:D

Would get done for "drunken riding now" as I would probably have to have 2 bottles just to get started.:eek:

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

They are so poor, they cannot even afford a plate of rice....so they are making Mud Cookies, out of mud, salt and oil. :(
:sigh:

But think of all the minerals in it.

I am so sorry I just done know what has come over me tonight, I am going away now to put my serious head on:wave_cry:

Hi Lady and BL

Lady I was enjoying you being playful tonight.

But yes it is quite shocking what we spend on food. I remember when I just came to England and I was not earning much, I could get by on very little and I never starved (did loose weight though which was good)

Funny that no one has mentioned alcohol yet, I thought I would miss it alot. I do like my red wine but strangely enough I haven't really missed it.

You're welcome Linze. I just found it fascinating. As you go down through the poorer countries, they consisted of mostly all fruit, veg and grains. At the top of the chain - very little fresh foods. Prett evident who is slimmer and healthier.

So who is really richer? ;)

Back