G.I. diet question

renandstimpy

Hi all. A little background about me. 41 years old, have been a competitive weightlifter for many years, and have always carried an excess of fat. After seeing my blood pressure steadily going up I have decided enough is enough. I have put down the weights, and have been hitting cardio 3x per week and kettlebell metcons 3 x per week. I have just finished Rick Gallops book and I really like it. My question is this. He mentions more than a few times that whatever is in the green section can be eaten in an almost unlimited amount. Is this true? Have many people had success eating like this, without counting calories? Reason I ask is I always though weight loss was more or less a mathematical equation, however this new territory for me so I am not sure. Thanks very much.

I think from memory that the green things he talking about are mostly veg .. And there is only so much veg you can eat before your full? The unlimited quote is meant to be quantified by your appetite..

As an add on .. I took the next step and went from GI diet to paleo/ primal lifestyle.. Which might suit you with your lifting heavy things ;)

Have a look at marks daily apple web site .. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/welcome-to-marks-daily-apple/#axzz3JvWO61y0

Your breakfast could consist of a 3 whole egg omelet loaded up with tomatoes, spinach, courgettes, will keep you going till lunch of a big mixed salad with loads of colourful veg added.. sliced meat, sprinkled with a few nuts..

Dinner salmon/ meat with a medley of stir fried veg drizzled in olive oil and garlic ..

Back