Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Gail, just looked in my book and realised I'm 12st 4lbs (haven't really been taking in the numbers etc. so didn't 'take in' what weight I am :doh: ) so maybe we can work towards the 11's together? I'm not properly on plan atm but half doing it so I don't gain too much xx

Hi Dawn,

By the time I finish this weekend, I will probably be similar to that one way (up or down !) (and obviously I have no idea what will happen on holiday - it could be ok or it could be a disaster. Watch this space). So yes, we can do this together :). Thanks.

Gail x

Awe hun. Just been reading your last weeks entries. you've had some up and downers. Draw a line under it. Start afresh. You can do it. Thanks for popping in on my diary and leaving a lovely message. God knows we all need a lift from time to time. Keep strong.

:grouphugg:

XxJulesxX.

Quick post because it's 2.30am and I really need to go to bed !

The weekend hasn't been great food wise (BIG understatement !!!! - Friday evening and Saturday all day) but I am now officially back on track since this morning :). Will do my Sunday WI later this morning (I wasn't at home this morning) but it's looking like a gain of around 6-7 lbs - eeeeek :ashamed0005:. It will be my first 'unplanned' gain since starting SW (all the other gains were 'planned' and expected gains following weekends away eating gourmet food !) however it is totally and utterly deserved because I did some emotional eating on Thursday and then was just a pig on Friday and Saturday. Obviously a gain of this size is a bit daunting (particularly with a holiday looming fast) however I feel so good in general that I have no choice but to just get back on plan and do what I normally do. I don't intend to keep my syns low, just to continue. The holiday could go either way but I will just try to keep in mind that I do NOT want to go back to how I was, I am enjoying my food and feeling great so that's that.

I don't feel down about this (just a little bit ashamed) and I am totally and utterly committed to this plan. Unlike when I started my diary, I'm not actually that concerned that I will fall completely off my perch although I acknowledge that I could quite easily go back to how I was, I'm just NOT going to do that.

So, apologies that there will be a big long silence after posting my gain tomorrow however I WILL be back eventually and will 'fess all when I do !

Big hugs.

Gail x

P.S. Thanks Jules2 for visiting my diary :)

Hiya Love, that gain won't all be a real gain. It's virtually impossible to properly gain that sort of weight in a few days, but well done for facing up to it. We all have periods where staying to plan is virually impossible, for whatever reason, and this IS a lifestyle change so it must be flexible enough for you to be happy on it. It seems like your head is totally in the right place. Well done for being sensible and seeing this for what it is, hold your head up, yes you had a bad weekend but one bad skirmish does not lose the war, IYKWIM. ;)

Good job on having your head screwed on tight, I hope to hear from you soonish. :) Enjoy the holiday and remember food photos! ;)

*huggles*

It is obvious from reading your diary that you are 100% committed to SW and I have no doubt that you will continue to reach goal and beyond. We all have days when we eat more and where we temporarily lose the plot - even "normal eaters" do that. Maybe because you knew you are going on holiday you subconsciously allowed yourself to slip a bit as you are likely to relax the rules on holiday anyway. Certainly that's what I tend to do before my hols.

Have a really great time away and don't waste a second worrying about this - put your fears of gaining in a drawer and take them out when you come back refreshed and ready to rock n' roll!! :)

See you in a couple of weeks time!!

Good luck Gail. I know you will get back on plan, if not I'm going to come round yours and force feed you scan bran until you submit! Xxxx have a great holiday xxxxx

Gail please, please do not worry about the gain. Yes it may have been unplanned but that does not mean it can't be rectified. I have gained 12lb on 3 occasions now whilst at SW and I have lost it every time.

A few lbs on is NOTHING in comparison to what you have lost so far. Draw a line under it, move on and it will be off before you know it.

:)

You are all just the BEST.

Shrimpy - you are always so supportive. And a great role model.

Alli - I didn't feel too bad but still a little anxious but you just say the greatest things :D

Clareel - thanks so much because although I know that I can't do anything about it, I don't see many people have such huge gains so to know that I'm not alone is comforting.

Jules - you are so funny and make me laugh. However, I am going to go and hide my scan bran just in case *hides scan bran* !

In fact I only put on 4.5lbs - never thought I'd be pleased to say that in a week (particularly when I was 1.5lb down earlier in the week !!! So, my goal for the hols is not to lose my 5 stone shiny as well :)). However, no matter what happens, I will see you here in 3 weeks (or maybe less if I can get an internet connection while I'm away !) back on plan.

Thanks again everyone. You really are great.

Big hugs.

Gail x

Alli - I didn't feel too bad but still a little anxious but you just say the greatest things :D

Clareel - thanks so much because although I know that I can't do anything about it, I don't see many people have such huge gains so to know that I'm not alone is comforting.

Jules - you are so funny and make me laugh. However, I am going to go and hide my scan bran just in case *hides scan bran* !

In fact I only put on 4.5lbs - never thought I'd be pleased to say that in a week (particularly when I was 1.5lb down earlier in the week !!! So, my goal for the hols is not to lose my 5 stone shiny as well :)). However, no matter what happens, I will see you here in 3 weeks (or maybe less if I can get an internet connection while I'm away !) back on plan.

Big hugs.

Gail x

Hope you have a lovely holiday and enjoy yourself. Sorry to hear about the small blip but I know it will only be that, and you'll be back focussed and losing that weight in no time. Take care.

Penny x

Gail, I think you did very well considering all the stresses and strains you have been under for a while. As Alli says, 'normal eaters' eat more at times too. Have a great holiday and be proud of what you have achieved so far! xx

No - worrying about my own!!! lol

I do this occasionally. I turn into a night owl for several days, going to bed about 4 or 5 (been doing this for about the last 8 or 9 days), and then one day I'll go straight through the night.
Went to bed at 9, got up at 2 and I feel fine - and will probaby manage to go to bed at a more normal hour tonight.
Why my body does it though I have no idea. If anyone can throw any light on the subject, please do.

Hmm....Menopause I fear. I'm the same. A very rare event to sleep right through the night - perhaps once or twice a year? Occasionally I don't sleep at all at night, a real nuisance, especially when there's work the next day.......Have you tried Nytol? It sometimes works, not always though. :rolleyes: x

Hi Gail, not very often i pop onto people's diaries. It makes me feel like I'm snooping on something girly and private lol.

Just a few words of support (you're ALWAYS there for me and handy with the PM's too of course).

Recall my 9.5lb gain over 2 weeks in Florida? - well that was a planned binge where I was outrageous with the idea of enjoying a holiday with its included food.

You were one of my staunchest supporters backing me to lose it as soon as I got back on plan on my return.

Sure enough, I lost 6lb in the first week back - straight back into target slot! - you predicted it, you called it and it happened! - ok i had a little bit to do with it, but you were never going to allow failure to be an option.

My point? (I know I do go on don't I?)

Practice what you preach lady. You know once the weekend is over, and you are where you need to be, jump back on the plan and show me just why SW works.
I have the same confidence in you as you had in me.

Everything cross (including me eyes).

Steve
x

Big hugs.

Gail x

Enjoy the holiday, cut yourself some slack and we'll see you when you're back!!! :D Enjoy!

Gail - have a great holiday and we can comfort each other in the 12's when you get back - where I'll hopefully still be. Got there this moring but have friends staying for the next week - so more lunches out and probably too much wine. Hic!

(re Pommette) Hmm....Menopause I fear. I'm the same. A very rare event to sleep right through the night - perhaps once or twice a year? Occasionally I don't sleep at all at night, a real nuisance, especially when there's work the next day.......Have you tried Nytol? It sometimes works, not always though. :rolleyes: x

Errr - been doing this since I was 18 at Uni so I don't think you can blame the meopause! lol . Luckily I'm retired now so don't have to worry about work any more.

Gonna miss you while you're away Gail xx
I think this break couldn't have come at a better time for you, give you a chance to chill a bit and put things into perspective. Really hope you hav a fab time and come back all refreshed and raring to go lol!
I thought I was the only one who put weight on quickly. Yes, I lose it fast, but Ive put a stone on in a week before which is ridiculous! So I fully understand your worries. But you know its not gonna be permanent, and you CAN get it off again, and we will all be alongside you as you do it xx.
So u enjoy your hols hunni, safe in the knowledge that if you DO gain, we will kick your ar*e until its gona again! Isn't that wot friends are for lol? Xx
P.S. Love Steves post x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hiya Gail. Hope u have a fab time on hols. Come back raring to go lol.

Hugs

XxJulesxX

Enjoy Florida hun. Are you going to all the theme parks? If you go to Universal think of me when you go on the awesome Spiderman 3D ride as that is literally my favourite ride of all time and I wish I was on it now. Enjoy your food and let your hair down but it's a good idea that you're going away with "Don't want to lose my 5 shiny" in mind too as it will stop you going too mad. Hope you have the best time!
xxxx

PS I'm going to stock up on Scan Bran at class tonight. You have been warned!

Gail, have a fabulous holiday. Enjoy every part of it....including the food and drink, that's what holidays are for...a holiday from our 24/7, 50/52 every day existence.

You'll come back refreshed and raring to go.

xxx

Hey Gail. Well done on minimizing that gain. It is scary how quickly the good work can be undone isn't it? This is why I know I will never be able to give up class. I am a food addict lol

Hope you have a fab holiday, and can put the recent stresses and strains behind you, if only for a little while. Just think body magic while you're out there. Every little helps and all that (and as a Sainsburys employee, it sticks in my throat to say that lol).

Have fun chica xx

Back