Gains/losses after 1st week on Propoints. How have you done?

I finally had my weigh in and lost 1.5lbs :) I am happy about that but I am hoping for something better next week! I like the new plan too now if I continue losing even after eating all my daily PPs and my weekly allowance!

Yay! Well done chicken!! That's fab! I only lost half a pound but that's pretty typical of my weekly weight loss recently - it tends to come off me slowly but surely. Plus i didn't change anything that i was normally eating on the discover plan. i just re pointed everything to suit PP. So maybe this week i will change some of my meals to incorporate even more fibre / protein etc. :) xx

Well done everyone else as well! :)

Well done guys :)

well done Anthony! You'll see, next week you might lose even more, but worry not: 1.5 lbs is a very good weight loss that can take you far :):character00180::grouphugg:

It is indeed, and I was really happy that I lost it, but I did lose 3.5 last week so was only expecting that really, well I was expecting a increase because of the new plan, but there you go the WW people have really created a plan that is flexible, healthy, enjoyable and can still have social gatherings :)

So happy :D

Yay! Well done chicken!! That's fab! I only lost half a pound but that's pretty typical of my weekly weight loss recently - it tends to come off me slowly but surely. Plus i didn't change anything that i was normally eating on the discover plan. i just re pointed everything to suit PP. So maybe this week i will change some of my meals to incorporate even more fibre / protein etc. :) xx

Well done everyone else as well! :)

Thanks, im gonna try and get some more protein and fibre too but im not sure how to really :/

And well done its still a loss! Better than on aye? x

It is indeed, and I was really happy that I lost it, but I did lose 3.5 last week so was only expecting that really, well I was expecting a increase because of the new plan, but there you go the WW people have really created a plan that is flexible, healthy, enjoyable and can still have social gatherings :)

So happy :D

well, looking at your stats you seem to be having one good week and one slower week followed by a good week... you lost 1.5 lbs 2 weeks ago and then 3.5 lbs last week and 1.5 this week! You might get to 3.5 lbs again next week ;)

Thanks, im gonna try and get some more protein and fibre too but im not sure how to really :/

more proteins? Eat more meat. Pork chops, steaks, chicken, veal... or fish like salmon, tuna, cod, plaice, haddock... or beans and lentils, ham, cheese... as for fibres, eat fruit :D veggies, and fruit are the best place to go to eat fibres. I almost always eat too much fibre LOL

It sure is lovely! We eat freshly cooked meals every day more or less - we have the odd day where we have a quick beans on toast or pasta depending on my little ones after school activities, but on the whole we have chicken probably every other day, veggies every day, pork once a week, i have milk and cheese, although i do have v low fat versions of both. Does the protein content lessen with the low fat? Maybe i could change that or something.... I have fruit every day.. like you, not quite sure what else i would change! We have always eaten healthily tho - it was just the portion sizes, not stopping when i was full and snacking in between that was my problem! xx

well, looking at your stats you seem to be having one good week and one slower week followed by a good week... you lost 1.5 lbs 2 weeks ago and then 3.5 lbs last week and 1.5 this week! You might get to 3.5 lbs again next week ;)

more proteins? Eat more meat. Pork chops, steaks, chicken, veal... or fish like salmon, tuna, cod, plaice, haddock... or beans and lentils, ham, cheese... as for fibres, eat fruit :D veggies, and fruit are the best place to go to eat fibres. I almost always eat too much fibre LOL

Yeah your right, ill will start eating some more meat. At the minute im used to processed meals by weight watchers as it was always just convenient on the discover plan. But I am slowly trying to get out of that phase and cook from scratch with fresh ingredients, like last Saturday when I made my own curry from scratch with all fresh ingredients and spices :) am gonna cook another one of them this Saturday too. Thanks for the advice and I hope to lost that bit extra next week. I now have faith in this plan after seeing a loss!

But I am slowly trying to get out of that phase and cook from scratch with fresh ingredients, like last Saturday when I made my own curry from scratch with all fresh ingredients and spices :)

well done for cooking your own curry! My boyfriend used to make some lovely curry, but it was too fattening and we had to give it up... but I might try to lighten up the recipe and do it again :)

well done for cooking your own curry! My boyfriend used to make some lovely curry, but it was too fattening and we had to give it up... but I might try to lighten up the recipe and do it again :)

Deffo do give it a go. I only use frylight to brown of the chicken, onions, red and green peppers :) Then the sauce comes from the chicken stock cubes in boiling water.

If I make a curry from scratch instead of cream I use low fat natural yogurt and then add the spices :)

We have a REALLY beautiful homemade curry every other week - we use chicken, green peppers, tinned tomatoes, low fat yoghurt, spinach, onions, balti paste. and it is honestly the nicest curry ever. Sooo much nicer that takeaways. We have it with WW naan bread and mango chutney and half a beer each! It is one of the higher meals because of the extras but it is sooo worth it, especially now we have our slush fund! Yum! You could always just have the curry without the naan, mango chutney and beer! xx

I did a nice spicey curry thing tonight!

Carrots, courgette, mushrooms all diced up. Sweated an onion using frylight, added some diced chicken. Then a can of chopped tomatoes, filled up the empty can with boiling water, added that and a stock cube with garlic, coriander and some curry powder and then just leave it to reduce down

Served up between two plates with 120g brown rice (60g each) and came to a total of 9 points. Been stuffed since 7pm!

ooh and I watched Howl's Moving Castle - I love the Studio Ghibli films <3

I did a nice spicey curry thing tonight!

Carrots, courgette, mushrooms all diced up. Sweated an onion using frylight, added some diced chicken. Then a can of chopped tomatoes, filled up the empty can with boiling water, added that and a stock cube with garlic, coriander and some curry powder and then just leave it to reduce down

Served up between two plates with 120g brown rice (60g each) and came to a total of 9 points. Been stuffed since 7pm!

ooh and I watched Howl's Moving Castle - I love the Studio Ghibli films <3

Sounds nice :D Although I would miss out the first three ingredients as I dislike them, but hey thats me lol

Deffo do give it a go. I only use frylight to brown of the chicken, onions, red and green peppers :) Then the sauce comes from the chicken stock cubes in boiling water.

I will try but he doesn't like vegetables, but loves mushrooms which he puts into it so at least I can bulk on that, and I can use fry light rather than the oil and less rice... the passata is always 0 points... could work! I could try to give it a go on Sunday... get it ready before my meeting and then eat it with him at home rather than going to the Chinese for a night :)

I will try but he doesn't like vegetables, but loves mushrooms which he puts into it so at least I can bulk on that, and I can use fry light rather than the oil and less rice... the passata is always 0 points... could work! I could try to give it a go on Sunday... get it ready before my meeting and then eat it with him at home rather than going to the Chinese for a night :)

Yeah, why not :) Change is always good!
Quick question also, how would you measure/weigh 60g rice if you have no scales. Is there some technique or something you can compare it to (dried weight)

x

Passata is 0pp? Are tinned toms the same?

Back