Attack Galette????

Toothfairy79

Hi there just a quick question!!!

Any ideas why my galette looks more like scrambled eggs than a pancake!!! Lol

Many thanks

Abi

Yes.. Perhaps your (good quality non stick) pan isn't hot enough. Perhaps you fiddle too soon.

The trick is to let the base "cook" before attempting to play with it... then flip over with spatula and press on cooked side to flatten further.

My first few looked like scrambled eggs (actually that's a polite way of saying what my first few looked like!).

Now I stick to muffins as I can make them!

Our lovely Emma, currently sunning herself on a beach I hope, posted this:
http://www.minimins.com/dukan-recipes/209136-foolproof-galette.html

Maybe I'm too late replying - but I also made the same heap of scrambled-galette until I found a suggestion on here! Instead of putting mix into a frying pan, divide it into 4 smaller galettes on a baking tray in the oven! Sooo simple, no mess and they taste delicious! Good luck x

Have a look in the recipe section for Emma's foolproof galette post.

Maybe I'm too late replying - but I also made the same heap of scrambled-galette until I found a suggestion on here! Instead of putting mix into a frying pan, divide it into 4 smaller galettes on a baking tray in the oven! Sooo simple, no mess and they taste delicious! Good luck x

That sounds like a good idea, how long do you cook them for and at what temperature? x

Emms... depends on your oven and the size of your "blobs". 200°C, and check after, say, 15 mins.

I was gonna make some tonight for tomorrow but really can't be bothered after bodytone lol. I shall aim to do it at the weekend! Seems like a brill idea tho! X

Back