gastric band hypnotherapy

lol we should form a wee group called the hypno-banders or something...ooh but then i'd have to put my doubts aside and go for it!:eek:

Mine will be 2 90 minute sessions 2 weeks apart. First one is on Wednesday and I can't wait to get the process started.

I reckon if we were all going into it with a positive and open mind, we have nothing to lose...except weight...right?:D

Absolutely! Hypnotherapy is all in the mind so you have to believe it will work or it wont! And to be honest, if you are paying all that money you HAVE to believe!!! I KNOW it will work and I WILL lose weight with my new 'band' when I have it, In 2 weeks and 3 day :D

Oooh please please come back here after and let us know how it went! I have mine done next Wednesday. Really not sure how it's going to go as my last session I didn't go 'under' very deep.

Hi

I am supposed to be having my op tomorrow but have had to postpone until next week.

I am listening to my cd everynight and have tailored it so that I don't hear the last 30 seconds where he counts up and says wake up. Last night I messed up and heard it and woke up, was then awake until 2am and then woke up again at 4.30am. Had been sleeping really well since listening to it.

I haven't lost as much weight as some other people in the run up to the op, have only lost about 3lb, therapist keeps telling me that the hypnoband is not a magic cure and that I have to put effort in as well.

What I cannot seem to get him to understand is that there is a difference between not being hungry and being full up. I don't ever eat to an uncomfortable state - but then maybe my stomach is stretched to accomodate more food. If I had the will power to stop when I was 'Not hungry' then I would not need the hypnoband. What I want is that feeling of just not being hungry and having no appetite. At the moment I may not actually be hungry but I just fancy something. The feeling you get when you are in ketosis is that you just cannot face food, similar to how you are when you have a really bad dose of flu and just can't face food.

I had mine yesterday, it's so weird! I completely zoned out during the 'op' and remember nothing about it. This morning I just had a cereal bar and I couldn't eat another thing!

Yes I am definately feeling fuller faster. I am still eating regularly but much smaller portions and I am stopping when I am satisfied. I have lost 2lb since Wednesday :)

But do you feel different to before when you were having the other hypnosis sessions in the run up to the actual op session.

You say you are stopping when you are satisfied, to me that means that you are recognising that you are no longer hungry and its mind over matter that you finish eating at that point however you could probably go on and finish the plateful. But you also said you had a cereal bar and couldn't eat another thing which sounds different altogether.

The 2 sessions were totally different. The first one was insightful but I didn't feel 'under' so I was a little more apprehensive going into the second session as I was concerned it wouldn't work and then I was worried that that concern would stop it from working! IYKWIM?! But the second session was so different, I went right under and can't recall the middle part of the session at all.

As for eating, yes I know to only eat til I'm satisfied and not full but I am getting to the point after small amounts where I can't eat any more. I will give you an example: Friday night we went for dinner, Mr Taz had an all day breakfast and I had scrambled egg on toast. We also ordered a side bowl of sauted potatoes. Mr Taz gave me 2 slices of bacon from his plate as he doesn't like bacon. I gave him one of my slices of toast. I ate the other slice of toast and 1 and a half rashers of bacon. I was getting quite full then but picked a few of the potatoes, they were yummy and I really wanted to eat them all as they tasted so nice but I just couldn't eat them

[
I've been for my first 2 sessions and have the band fitted on Wednesday. I've lost 4lb so far, I know it's not as much as others, but I'm not disheartened as I've notice such a difference already. I'm looking forward to the band, but in all honesty I'd be happy to go on as I am. I've been eating so much more healthier. I even suprised myself by saying no to pudding on Friday night at my fav pub....this is something I would have found very difficult before. As it's been bank holiday I've been out quite a bit, and eaten out loads. I love the fact that I'm picking what I want off the menu, rather than the things I should be having. But subconciously they are healthy choices. I'm intrigued to how different I'll feel after surgery. But so far I'm really pleased with the results. £300 is expensive, but at the same time I could of spent a fortune going to slimming clubs that never seem to work. So best money spent ever! Hope everyone else is going strong x

Well done ladies, hope the weight keeps coming off for you.

Goldie, sorry to hear you feel you have slipped. Hope it gets sorted when you go back. We all have times we feel like this, best thing you can do is get on the scales and get it over with. You might be feeling bad for no reason. Prepare yourself for the worst and then deal with it.

I am just back from 10 days holiday and I am a little apprehensive too as I have been so bad. I was first going to wait until next Monday (as my weigh day is Mondays) but then thought I need to do it, otherwise I will worry about it until then.

Fingers crossed the news is not too bad for both of us!

Well done girls, great results so far! I'm sorry to say, I have slipped back into my old habits and feel like I did before. I'm due a last session to adjust the band and assume I need it tightening. Feeling really despondent :( daren't get on the scales as I feel I will have gained what I lost back again
I know all practitioners do it differently but did yours get you to do a food and mood diary? If so, do it again. you might find it helps put your head back in place. I hope you get back on track soon x

Oooh I'm exactly the same! Food is no real interest to me now and when I am 'full' I feel sick if I get into conversations about food! It's so liberating, I love having the freedom from the food

What kind of details do you want? I can only speak of my own experience with the therapist I went to. I guess every one will be different and the results will vary

Back