gastric band hypnotherapy

I went to Spain to have a gastric mind band and it didn't work for me. I was really sad about it.

Sorry to hear that:(
Why did you choose spain? was it the cost? Had this therapist been recommended? Did you research them? Would you ever consider using someone else?

Sorry so many questions? I am just intrigued to know how poeople go about choosing their therapist. I read this thread and noticed a few names that kept appearing and a lot of good things said about them, so I chose to read up on them, then contact them asking a few questions prior to verbally speaking to them, before choosing who to go with.

so exited for tomorrow xx
got on scales this morning and ive lost 6lb since the initial hypnotherapy last weds , shocked ,surpised and really happy :0)

Mrsbooty said:
Hi there,
It really depends on who you go to see. some of teh ladies on here have recommended Adrian Matthams and he charges £490. I have just booked my group session for the 9th Sept.:)

Adrian Matthams written down in diary so I don't forget
Thanks for the name

took the first step checked the birmingham site, Brenda used by Taz registered for mp3's next step phone for discussion. Having read all your posts girls you have inspired me. I feel like I've already had a counciling session.

Sorry to hear that:(
Why did you choose spain? was it the cost? Had this therapist been recommended? Did you research them? Would you ever consider using someone else?

Sorry so many questions? I am just intrigued to know how poeople go about choosing their therapist. I read this thread and noticed a few names that kept appearing and a lot of good things said about them, so I chose to read up on them, then contact them asking a few questions prior to verbally speaking to them, before choosing who to go with.

I did write a long message here on minimins with all the details and names, but it was deleted. Don't know why. Other people are allowed to write their opinion, but mine was deleted. All I can say is that I did my research and I had a bad and expensive experience. I'm glad that some have better news.

I did write a long message here on minimins with all the details and names, but it was deleted. Don't know why. Other people are allowed to write their opinion, but mine was deleted. All I can say is that I did my research and I had a bad and expensive experience. I'm glad that some have better news.

Sorry your message was deleted & that you had a bad & expensive experience. Don't give up hope, you will find a therapist that is genuine & will give you a better experience. I've been there too, bad experience (luckily not expensive) hopefully my appt in sept will be totally different. Good luck in finding another therapist if you choose to try again

That wouldn't have been deleted, maybe just a glitch when posting?? The Mod's would tell you if they remove a post and why. Sorry you had such a bad expensive experience. That's why I didn't want to spend loads on it and my gamble was a low cost one.

took the first step checked the birmingham site, Brenda used by Taz registered for mp3's next step phone for discussion. Having read all your posts girls you have inspired me. I feel like I've already had a counciling session.
Good luck, I am very interested to see your experiences with Brenda

I did write a long message here on minimins with all the details and names, but it was deleted. Don't know why. Other people are allowed to write their opinion, but mine was deleted.
If you included links to websites etc I don't think you can do that til you have made 50 posts

hi ladies,
had my surgery yesterday, went well i think and today has been more of the same as the last week since my original session. have a slightly uncomfortable tightness in my stomach and get uncomfortable if i eat slightly to much. still trying to gauge how much is right to eat , although i think im eating petty much half of what i usually do when behaving and a fraction of what i do when i not :0)
seem to have lost 8 lb all together in the last 10 days but im sure it will slow soon .
so far im really glad ive taken the step and had it done, i feel good and really quite liberated, even though hubby has gone back to work today the stress hasnt had me running to the fridge x

Hey guys,

Well after reading all of your stories I have booked myself in for a free consultation with a lady called Kate who practices near me. The meeting tomorrow should take about 45mins where I will talk about my weight loss problems *cringe* and she will see what the best option is for me to take.

I have to be honest that I am feeling very skeptical about the whole thing. I don't know how much I really believe that this will work but I have come to the point where I just don't know what else to do. :-( I have cut down on my portion sizes, doing more exercise and I am STILL yo-yoing.

I will let you guys know how I get on. :)

My consultation with the hypnotherapist.... Well...... (I am afraid I have copied and pasted this from my diary, but I said that I would let you all know how I got on and I didn't want to write it twice. :))

I'm not going to lie. It was incredibly emotional and I cried quite a few times. I opened up a lot about how I was feeling inside and what I want to achieve... About how my weight makes me feel worthless and that no matter how hard I try, I just feel like giving up all the time.. Basically making myself accept that I will always be fat and unhappy. I admitted that I feel that I can't go and see old friends who I haven't seen for a few years, as I know that they will be judging me and how ashamed and unhappy that makes me feel.

She believes that hypnotherapy isn't the best start for me. Due to the fact that I am very cynical about things, she said that I would benefit a lot more from something called "changing limiting beliefs." this way we can talk about past problems and how I may be still bottling these all up inside, which is why I find it hard to really stick to anything. This she believes would make me start to feel better about myself, and would thus get me out of this horrible cycle of under-achievement. I would truly begin to learn what sort of person I am and help build on the positive aspects of my personality. Of course it would also mean admitting the bad side of my personality and truly letting go of things. This I have to admit I find hard to do because at the moment I cling to what ever bit of control I feel that I have while I feel so out of control with my life... If that makes any sense at all. But the general concept is that the better I begin to feel about myself, the easier things will become. I may find that it is a lot easier to keep to a healthy eating plan, and not stress out so much when it isn't going all to plan. Like I know that it is acceptable to go off the rails sometimes because we are only human... I just have to believe in that fact!

Whilst this sounds all nice and good... It is a lot of money. :-/ the whole 6 week course is going to cost me roughly £550...

There is the part of me which things it would be a good idea... After all... All that I have to loose is a bit of money and possibly lbs when it works! And the gains really outweigh the cons.. Such as I will hopefully loose weight from it, will feel happier about myself as a person (more accepting of who I am) and will have MUCH better self esteem.

I am definitely going to have to sleep on it I think... And see what is best.

omg !
i had the first reconditioning hypno on 13th july and the 'surgery' last friday and ive lost 10lb so far !! cant believe it , im not dieting (although obviously must be eating loads less) i dont starve myself and dont even consider calories .... how weird ! wish id done this years ago :0)

hypnotherapy

Hi everyone, I am seriously consdiering going for a course of this therapy and wondered if any of you could offer some advice please?

Is it important to go to someone who says they are a licenses hypnoband practitioner? I've seen a few here (Scotland) who say they are licensed and have the same logo shown and some that don't.

Most seem to charge around £295 here for 4/5 sessions, is that about normal?

Does it work straight away? What happens when you reach goal, is it reversed? Does it actually work? Do you need to put alot of work in to it i.e. like a normal diet?

Thanks x

Yeah I guess it is best to get personal reccomendations but I don't know anyone who has had it done. Has anyone on here used anyone in Scotland?
x

:wave_cry:Hi I am new to this!! sorry for butting in! I am booked in for my first hypno band session on 23rd August, but I am desperate to go sooner!! anyone know of a good therspist in the somerset area?? Cant wait to try it as I have loads of weight to loose and am too scared to have a real band or bypass (also cant afford it!!)
Bekki x

Back