gastric band hypnotherapy

I've not heard of any done in one day. I don't think I'd trust anyone doing one day ones as the first session is a very important one and the time between is essential. I have a friend who has a real band and she had to have 2 years of prep which included a lot of councelling and psych sessions to prepare her for the changes she would have to make in order for it to work. The highest failure rate for real bands is those who have it done privately and don't get that prep time.

My first session and the 'homework' was a real eye opening learning curve.

He does do intensive 1 day courses, where all 3 sessions are done with a break between each session. If you go to his clinics I think they're done a different way.
Mine was done over a weekend with 2 sessions on the Saturday, 1 in the morning and 1 in the aftrnoon. The 3rd session being on the Sunday!
Have to say I was dubious about doing it in a group situation (I was dubioud about EVERYTHING lol) but it was good in the end because we were able to talk to each other about our individual experiences during the sessions and they were amazingly different.
But we were all very emotional after the session where we explored why we ate! That was when it was nice to have the support of the group all our experiences that made us ate were sometimes very different but at the same time very similar because of the affect that they'd had on us!

I agree with you to a certain extent Taz, If the therapist has good credentials and has been recommended by many or you have actually spoken to real people who have used them, then I would feel that I could trust them. If you look at what Adrian Matthams sent me, Option 1 offers intense 1 to1 or over 3 sessions, and option 4 says a Bespoke “day” – you will see why I was a bit confused.

1/ One to one programme either as an intense option or over a few, normally 3 sessions, the cost is £890 in London. £690 in Chelmsford or Saffron walden.

2/ The most popular, one of our small group days that we hold all over the country £490 or €590 in Ireland and Europe

3/ a Hypnopod which is the full programme, with no face to face work, it's included in the 1-1 and group days at no extra cost, on it's own it's £390, normally for people how can't travel to the Practices or events, it includes the Clarendon House Guarantee.

4/ a Bespoke day we need a minimum of 3 attendees , Adrian will then come to you, popular with family members, groups of friends and wedding groups, cost £490 per person

Thanks for confirming Kate. :)

He does do intensive 1 day courses, where all 3 sessions are done with a break between each session.

I has sent Adrian an email last night asking question(probably too many) and he sent a long detailed email back. He took the to answer each question fully. So with his response & kate's recommendation, I definitely want to go and see him. He has the group session her in sept, I was wary about what would happen if I paid the 50% deposit and my operation appt came through and I was not able to go. He advised that I could either have my place offered to someone else & get a full refund or I could carry it over to any other date! That's what I needed. So I will def go to that or if I can get 2 or more people I will have a home visit

This is what he also said about why he does the course over 1 day:

The full itinerary is done on the day, after many sessions, I find this direct intense option to produce the most successful results, if you think about it , if you were going for the operation, no matter how much deliberation at some point you would go in and the next day come out. The subconscious prefers that clear simple message , which can get lost if delivered over many days or weeks.

Hi Ladies.. I keep popping into your thread and having a read and I have to say I'm tempted. If I can just ask a question..

There is a lady in my local town who is supposedly the top person in the country!!
One of the things she say's on her web site is that the band won't work for everyone and you may have to deal with other issues with different session first.. Each costing £75.00. As I know I'm an emotional eater (abuse in my childhood!) I'm figuring I'd fall into that bracket.

So my question is... Did any of you have to do separate session or was everything covered in the sessions you had?

Well done on making your decision, I have already made mine and will be booking Adrian in September when he is in Bath and am looking forward to it. :D

Great stuff goldie, we will be hypno gastric band buddies. What date is yours in sept? Mine will be the 9th when I book it

Hi Ladies.. I keep popping into your thread and having a read and I have to say I'm tempted. If I can just ask a question..

There is a lady in my local town who is supposedly the top person in the country!!
One of the things she say's on her web site is that the band won't work for everyone and you may have to deal with other issues with different session first.. Each costing £75.00. As I know I'm an emotional eater (abuse in my childhood!) I'm figuring I'd fall into that bracket.

So my question is... Did any of you have to do separate session or was everything covered in the sessions you had?
She is absolutely right that it doesn't work for everyone as it relies on your own brain doing the work. You have to be totally open to it and willing to learn. I too have those issues and whilst they weren't 'dealt with' in the sessions they were very instrumental in my weight issues. I have councelling for this anyway so have dealt with it separately but the HGB process did break the attachment with food.

Some people will need top-up sessions later on. Generally the more you have to lose the more likely you will be to need extra sessions.

Thanks Taz.. I have sent an e-mail to Adrian. So I'll see what comes of it.
My other problem is going to be explaining the to my other half.... I'm not sure he's going to understand!!

To LittleSis
Well my boss (I live in at my work!) and I felt a bit silly telling him about it (we are close I've looked after his children for almost 17 years) and he did and does take the mick he always does the shaky finger, doo doo doo bit ! But he tried to understand for my sake and 3 weeks after I had it done he told me to buy some diet coke as it was significantly obvious I wasn't buying it anymore.
I agree with Taz you may need counselling anyway (I did for my emotional problems) so you may want to consider that BUT again I agree with Taz that the hypno did break my psychological dependance on food. I no longer use it as a cutch or beat myself up over it! That in itself to me was a great gift of freedom.
Yes there is a chance it may not work, but then surgery doesn't always work. I've got a good friend who's just had the actual surgery, for the 1st 2 weeks she was great. She's just been taken back into hospital in acute agony to find out why she can't swallow (it's taking an hour to eat the minutest bit of food) and why she's in so much pain! It may require further surgery they're not sure!
At least if it's just hypnotherapy you won't be left with scars or lifelong physical effects of non working surgery, it is at the end of the day just money (albeit a huge amount of money).
You will get out of it what you put in, open your mind although your subconcious to do the work.
Believe me I wasn't the most receptive client Adrian will tell you that lol, which is in a way why I praise him so much because he got through to me!
I got my counselling through my Dr and all I had to pay was a "donation" dependant on how much you earned, so if you didn't work it was as much as you could afford! I paid £25 a session and the lady was "if you're sure you can afford it" I would happily have paid double if they'd asked me for it! My counsellor was brilliant, didn't judge, just handed me the box of tissues for the 1st 3 weeks lol
Good luck with whatever you decide

Thanks Kate :)

Thanks Taz.. I have sent an e-mail to Adrian. So I'll see what comes of it.
My other problem is going to be explaining the to my other half.... I'm not sure he's going to understand!!

My hubby was very sceptical about hypnotherapy, he would not take the Mick but you could tell he really did not believe. But since i did the 6 wk hypnoslim course I know his attitude has change. He has even tried the self hypnosis for sleep and described the feelings he had when in trance.

People will always be sceptical about the unknown and fear what they do not understand.

Littlesis. Let me know how you get on with Adrian

I will :)

Hi all
Hope you all had a great day. Has anyone seen or heard anything from SukieSue today? intrigued to hear how her Hypno went today

hi every one
sorry ive been gone , it was my sisters wedding weekend so ive been away.
everythingfg went really well with my session , i ve been shocked at the reduction in my food intake sinse the 1st hypno session , and thats at a celebration , its like food has lost its 'power' and importance to me , so very very strange yet so incredibly liberating ,im eating whatever foods i fancy , although i do eat mostly heathy anyway . but i eat a fraction of what i did , no guilt , no counting just eat until im truly satisfied then stop .
mightly refeshing let me tell you .... after a lifetime of yoyoing and stressing about food i feel free.
very far to go im sure but i cant wait until my 'surgery ' on friday at 11 am , brigitte has been incredible and i cant wait to see what happens after friday . although if i could hold on to this ambivilance about food for the rest of my life id be set !!! :0)
well ladies , im a convert so far , of course its something you have to work with , it isnt a miracle cure all but it can be a miracle if used right , setting you free from a lifetime of obsessive food behaviours , well for me anyway.
well im off to listen to my cd , night ladies and speak soon xxx:D

It was my birthday yesterday and I barely indulged all day. In previous years I would have the attitude "It's my birthday so I will eat as much and whatever I want" and gain about a stone! Yesterday I was not interested in food at all and as people kept giving me things I was putting them in the fridge for later. At dinner I managed the tiniest slice of cake after and felt very full and quite sick after. I woke up this morning still feeling full! I love that food doesn't have a hold on me anymore.

Sukie Sue, this is 3 months on. That liberating feeling of not being ruled by food does last and I am still loving it! Good luck for Friday x

Glad it went well Sukie Sue, it is a liberating feeling that food has lost that power, that you can look but not have that "pull" to eat it, you can just push the plate away saying I'm full and there be half a plate of food there! Good luck for your next session and enjoy your "freedom"
Taz happy birthday for yesterday

happy birthday taz x and thanks ladies , im so excited abou t friday , but i am expecting this contentedbubblle to burst ... hope it doesnt :0(

It won't, it may deflate slightly at times but you are in total control of it. Realising that was my key to reinflating mine when it waned slightly a few weeks ago. You may have to do a lot of talking to yourself to go over the stuff you learned in the first session. The main thing is to be realistic. I put too much pressure on myself and set strict goals and kicked myself when I missed one. But that feeling of being free from the grip of food will not falter, that will stay, but it may take some time for your conscious mind to catch up. For weeks I was shopping like the eater I used to be. I would randomly buy stuff that I used to buy then I'd look at it and think "I don't actually want that." and I would put it in the cupboard and there it would stay!

Back