gastric band hypnotherapy

I have an mp3 downloaded from my therapist which is also generic. It is a recording of her taking a group session but the 'lessons' in it are the same as the ones she goes through in the private sessions and it's great to recap. There is a bit at the end where she does the hypnosis. I was listening to it when I was driving home from work - NOT a good idea!!! I do like the idea of the personalised CD's

I didn't get anything when I left Adrian, but he said not to worry, what we'd done would happen I just had to be patient! Then within about 10 days my first cd of sessions arrived.
Think it's got 4 sessions on it each lasting about 20 mins. All the sessions were tailored to my needs, even down to the background sounds (I chose waves on a shore!).
I was told that when I was ready I should let him know and he would send further sessions and this cd would contain the "op" again in case I felt I needed it again.
When I used it I hated it I don't know why and I emailed and told him! He redid it again for me with further sessions!
He's not cheap but seeing some of the prices where you pay extra for the op maybe he's not over the top!
But his aftercare is brilliant. The staff at the centre are also really nice to deal with.
I'm not going to say he doesn't do it for the money, we all have to make a living but Adrian absolutely genuinely cares about his clients, and really will try and find a way to make it work for them.
I know without a shadow of a doubt if I was to email him now with a problem he would try and help me resolve it!
But Taz is right ~ don't listen to any cd if you're not comfortably seated or lying down.

You couldn't possibly bore him more than I did lol, I was always emailing him!
And he will work with you afterwards if you get stuck or have problems.
I couldn't have done it in a day finding out why I'm overweight and why diets don't work for me was traumatic.
I was in a small group and when I was overcome all the ladies just came up and gave me big hugs.
I can't explain the pain or the freedom to be thin that session gave me!
Oh god dozy mare I've started meself off again lol.
Just take your time and save he will have more sessions, he's not going anywhere!
I'm glad I was able to help and I'm glad they got back to you!

im guessing i was mis-dold the product :(
however it was only £69 so im going to give it a try have spoken to my husband who said if i need the "op" then he will pay :D
fingers crossed i wont need it as with 3 kids and xmas coming up, i dont think i could justify it!
dont think iv ever been this big... currently weighing in at 13st3 :(
im only 5ft2 so look big and frumpy :(
i have had 3 caseareans so have a constant pouch of fat on my stomach that is just saggy and awful....
really hope the 4 sessions is enough xx

How are you all getting on? I'm following this thread with great interest so please keep on posting :)

I have been thinking about booking in for weight management hypnosis to try and sort out my disordered thinking (for want of a better expression) around food, but am finding it virtually impossible to know a good hypnotherapist from a bad one. There seems to be so many different associations and registers and having lots of letters after your name doesn't seem to mean anything. Every website has testimonials and I can't tell which are real and which have been made up. It's a big investment and I would need to be absolutely convinced that I'd chosen the best treatment I can get. Those of you who have had it done - how did you choose your hypnotherapist and why?

Thanks!!

Well I found mine after an article in the Daily Mail His name is Adrian Mathams, After reading the article I then went on a hunt and did research as I'd never heard of it before!
I had thought about real surgery I think we all have if we're honest but only in that " hmm I wonder?" Nah not for me way!
I thought about it pondered it spoke to friends researched real surgery success rates etc! I've read horror stories in the papers as we all have. I didn't realise that it only works properly in about 30% of cases, for another 30% they lose some but not all and for another 30% they lose then end up putting it all back and more! These figures are only rough but as far as I know through my research they're accurate!
So I thought ok if I go ahead and it works yaaay! If I go ahead and it doesnt at the end of the day ALL I've lost is money! I'm not left with scars or surgery that can't be reversed!
So I went for it, and if you ever talk to Adrian he will tell you I was VERY sceptical. I'd already accepted the fact that I'd kissed goodbye to my money!
But from the get go Adrian changed my relationship with food, with WHY I was overweight, WHY I ate, and for that alone even if I hadn't lost weight I would be eternally grateful!
I did it in a small group and I'm pleased I did I was glad of the support I received when I was overcome with the emotions of it!
He actually gets sent people who have had actual surgery because they've lost the weight so quickly their heads haven't had a chance to catch up and more importantly they have had no counselling as to WHY they eat! So he gets people who are eating the same foods as before just taking longer to do it!
You have to know WHY you're overweight! I've always known I was emotionally overweight, that I ate to hide!
Then when I came to terms with myself and size and loved myself as I was I didn't hide anymore.
But now thanks to Adrian I can be who I was meant to be! I don't know who that is yet, but it's a journey discovering myself!
I'm going to be one F'king GAWJUSSS butterfly!
And that's in part thanks to Adrian
I've waffled Herewego sorry! but that's how and why I chose Adrian

Hi Alli, great question. Well like you I didn't want to throw a lot of money at something without any guarantees or recommendations so when I saw an offer on Groupon I decided the amount was worth the risk. Before I bought the voucher I looked her up online and checked her credentials etc then just dived into it! The gamble paid off

Hypno gastric band / Hypnoslim

As I was signing off to go to bed last night I thought I would have a quick peek at what topics were on here and when I found this topic I just had to keep reading. I read every page of the topic and it was 1.30am when I went to bed (not good when you have to be up for 7.30) But It was so interesting reading about all your experiences.

I have read so much on this and really interested in it myself but like many of you have said you need to do your research and find someone who is qualified and has a track record of success.

Taz – I noticed that you said that you saw someone in Birmingham who you would highly recommend – could you please give me the details.

To everyone who has had great success – would it be possible to mention the name of the Therapist- Location on here so that others can consider using them too? (don’t know if that could be done on here or not) just think the recommendations would be handy for those considering.

EmmaH83 - you mention a person in Birmingham that has a groupon deal on at the moment – can you link me the deal if possible and I know what you mean about the C Section pouch - I had mine 12 years ago and cannot shift it.

My Bad experience was with Brenda Bentley – Building Beliefs.She was one of the Therapists that I had researched and when she contacted me about this special offer £79 for 2 sessions I jumped at the chance. I had my first session mid April and had to wait till 6th May for the 2nd session, the important session when the band is fitted. I was not really bothered about the long wait at that time, I was just happy that it would be before my holiday on the 13th and that I could test it whilst away.

I got a call from her husband on the day cancelling!! :sigh: After a lot of chasing, she sent me another appointment for a month later – was not happy about the time span as now it is 6 weeks since initial appointment. Guess what? She cancelled – no let me rephrase – I got an automated cancellation email and nothing else.:mad: I was fuming.

Tried to call, got no answer so sent an email saying that I was not happy at all and wanted a refund. I got a response from her assistant which I can only describe as rude! She said that I would need to take this up with Groupon (I never got this offer through Groupon – received it direct from Brenda) and she went on to say “although you have had a session already” By this time I am fuming even more. I paid for 2 sessions and the important one is the one that I have not had.

Cut a long story short I put in a claim through paypal for service not received but I lost the claim. Since then she has sent me an email to say I can have an appointment, but there is no way, I have lost faith in her. I could not trust her now, who is to say that she still not hypnotise me to pig out??

I had friends/colleagues who were really interested in going to see her but were waiting to see my results. Brenda has now lost potential clients. What would you have done in my situation?

My Good experience: I paid £120 for a 6 week (1hr per session) HypnoSlim workshop. It was a class of 8 of us and it was brilliant. The start of the session is a talk on all aspects of diet, foods etc and then 40 mins of group hypnotherapy. I was a bit sceptical about if it would work as group but that changed after my first session – I went so deeply into trance that when I came round I had neck ache as my head had fallen to the side and my face was numb as if I had been lying on a pillow for hours.

I did not lose a lot of weight during the course, (but that was my fault as I was not as focused as I am now) but it totally changed the way I looked at food. I went on to read the Paul McKenna book and started to do his CD each night. So now I eat when I am hungry, stop when full, leave a bit on my plate etc.

Well I think I have written a novel so gonna stop here. Look forward to hearing from you all.

Debs

hi all
hope you dont mind me hopping onto the thread,
ive just paid £300.00 for the hypno band proceedure ,
today i saw my therapist briggite in cockermouth in cumbria and spent 4 hours with her discussing my food issues and all things related :0)
i went on to have the 1st hyno therapy session and have come out uninterested in food and ignoring the crap my oh was sat eating next to me :0D whoop whoop !!!( big deal for me )
so im impressed so far just by the way i feel and the tightness in my tummy from her suggesting the stomach shrinking to the size of a golf ball . i am having the 'pre-op' session on sunday and can t wait to see how it all goes , i feel so positive and feel that the key to finiding a reasonable weight and maintaining it might be within my grasp . i know im capable .its within me waiting to be awakened :)
wish me luck ladies :0D xxx

Hi Sukie

Great to hear your story and others as it will help me (and others) decide if this is for me (others).

To be honest I am almost 100% decided, the problem is finding the right person to do it. So I am really seeking recommendations.

Shame the person you saw is so far away from me :( But hopefully I will hear from someone who has seen someone in Birmingham.

Keep me posted on your progress:)

It is also available on the NHS, I don't know much about it though! While I was doing my research a friend found it and forwarded it to me. There was a cost involved I think it was about £350 (which was cheaper than mine, but seems about average for what others are paying! Like everything though there seemed to be a waiting list of about 18 months!
It may have changed now as it was last year I did my research!
Mrs Booty why not check out Adrians site, he does sessions all over the country you might find one near you.
http://www.gastrichypnoband.com/index.php

If you go on it you'll find my experience as Blog 2, I kept it for a while and then didn't need to. I should actually send him an update so that people know it's still working.
Or maybe someone will send you details of somebody closer to you
Good luck

Kate, Taz, Debs and Suki Sue - Thanks so much for writing up your experiences! I have had a good read through Adrian's website as his Chelmsford clinic is pretty local to me. I might give them a ring to discuss if it would be suitable for me as I don't need to lose a lot of weight (as lost it in 2009) but I need to get a healthy relationship with food as currently I'm just about maintaining but jumping on and off different diets which is just ludicrous!

It is a lot of money but I would be happy to spend twice that if it really truly helped me retrain my thinking around food. I have spent so much money on various diets over the past 15 or so years - thousands of pounds and while I don't exactly regret any of it I'm just sick and tired of wasting so much time and energy stressing over food.

Thanks again and please keep updating this thread - It is very interesting reading!!! :)

MrsBooty, I am shocked at your bad experience with Brenda as that's who did mine! I got mine through Groupon at that price. I'm really sorry you had such a bad experience with her :(

thank you ladies

Hi All
Thanks for all your replies
Katesands8: I work for the NHS but never heard about them doing it. I searched the internet and can’t find anything. Can you see if you can get the link off your friend for me please? I will also ask around at work. But as you say if it is around the same price as what you would pay privately I would opt for private so I don’t have a 18 month wait. Thanks for the link to Adrian – I had looked at his site the other night but if I remember rightly I don’t think he had anything in Birmingham. I will email him to check though.
Alli– you are welcome. I feel that sharing experiences helps others. If I had not come on this thread I would not have known about a few recommended therapists. I know what you mean about spending loads of money on various diets. For me I am kind of in mind set that it is expensive for the therapy but I will save in the long run. Keep us posted & update us if you do go to visit Adrian.

Taz: gutted :cry: to read that the person you saw was Brenda – but still really pleased to hear that you got both your appointments and it worked for you. Back to the drawing board again for me. Fingers crossed Adrian does come to Birmingham
Keep up the good work ladies

I know Adrian does do his workshops/seminars in different places so just keep checking the site for new dates and places. I'm sure he went to Birmingham, I'm pretty sure he's been in Manchester too.
I have txt my friend to ask if he can refind it.

I know Adrian does do his workshops/seminars in different places so just keep checking the site for new dates and places. I'm sure he went to Birmingham, I'm pretty sure he's been in Manchester too.
I have txt my friend to ask if he can refind it.

I have emailed him to see if he is intending on coming to birmingham - thanks for texting your friend. I will wait to hear from you

Adrians dates for this year - he emailed them to me:

thanks Goldie - :cry:all those locations are too far from me - hopefully he will email me back and say he is looking at doing Birmingham in the future

UPDATE:

Adrian emailed me back. His next session in Birmingham is on the 9th Sept. which is great only problem is I am awaiting an appointment to have surgery on my foot and the hospital is possibly looking at endof Aug/beginning of Sept. I would not want to risk paying the 50% deposit (£245) and not be able to keep the appointmtent. I will explain the situation to him and see what can be done.

From the information that he has sent me and also the information Kate has posted seeing him is very appealing. I like the fact that he will also do a home visit for a minimum of 3 people (I have 2 friends who may be interested, if the price is not a problem)

I also noted that someone mentioned Claire Hegarty. I contacted her and she will be calling me next week to discuss

Last edited:
I had it done over a weekend, it consisted of 2 sessions on the Saturday, 1st was a relaxing session. 2nd was the session where we were taken into ourselves and mentally "unblocked". The op session was on the Sunday!

Are all sessions done in 2 parts? I assumed it was done all on one day, from what I read

Back