gastric band hypnotherapy

Now I have a decision to make HELP!!!

A. Cd arrived in the post r.e. hypno banding ... do I go for it???
OR
B. Wait for my consultation with hypnotherapist for my personalised hypno band???

What to do ????:doh:

Hi Taz, the cd is called 'virtual gastric band journey' produced by Sharon Shinwell. I have not tried it yet as I'm not sure if it will affect the individual sessions I have booked. I was reading earlier on this thread that the process needs to be indivdual! Oh I just want to be thin!!! Where is the magic dust when you need it???
XX

If only there were magic dust.........

I do think the individual session is best but others will say they benefitted from the group session more. I don't think listening to the CD will do any harm and may even help! I would suggest though that if you listen to the CD you will need to go into the actual session (if you still go) with a completely fresh mind and forgetting what you heard on the CD as the practitioners methods may differ

Amazing!! Seriously amazing!! Did the CD and I feel full, most of the time!! Just had my Sunday roast and put it on my new smaller plate, I had probably 1/2 of what I would normally consume!

Can't wait for my proper hypnosis appt in 3 weeks time and im gonna carry on listening to the CD to keep me focused!!

What I liked about it is that it also addresses CBT and reasons why I am so overweight!!

Keep the weight loss coming weigh in on Tuesday!!:D:D:D

Oh thanks for that, will def tune in to that tonight!!

Well i've took a big step and booked myself in with a "licensed hypnoband" practitioner. She seems lovely and has had good successes from what she says, alos very accomodating with when I am available to see her as I have 4 very young children. My first app is on 10th Aug and then 15th, she will make further 2 apps when I see her. I am sooooo excited, she also happened to have a deal on for July and Aug so her normal price of £295 has been reduced to £200!! I really cant wait, I just feel like this is going to work.

Can I ask how it has worked for you guys so far re weight loss in what time frame? My hypnotist also mentioned that we would work on cbt aswell as hypnosis to help me change my behaviour towards food, she said that it isn't a magic wand but if im open to it then it will work.

yay, managed to bring my appt forward to 10th aug!! im sooooooooooooooo excited!!!

pepshouse we should buddy up, myfirst session is on 10th aswell! we could compare what they did in our sessions and egg eachother on with the weightloss!

Defo Gill!!

Im really excited!! How do you feel??

My hypnotist sounds lovely, really inspiring!! I hope its not a waste of money!! But for these thing to work we need to be positive have the will power too!! Its just a tool as everything else is!!

Mind you my tools so far are
1. slimming world
2.hypno band
3. beyond chocolate book! (brilliant)
4. Orlistat from gp
5. exercise daily (hubby loves this *cheeky*)
6. using an 8" plate only!
7. Children and hubby squirting washing up liquid on to un eaten food!!

so with all these tools its gotta work??????????

Think slim - be slim!!
catch up soon x

It's def going to work, we have to think positive!! I have been given orlistqat off the doc too although I haven't started using it yet, thought I would wait until my first session and ask if it would be too confusing to use that along with the hypnoband. Im desperate for it to work or im seriously going to try and find money from somewhere, anywhere and go for the real op but I have a heart prob and the docs arent keen on me having a ga unless totally necessary (found this out when pg and preparing for my c-section 15wks ago, not about the heart prob but the prob with having a ga). Obv i'd completely rather not have any op for financial reasons aswell as everything else but if this doesn't work I will need to do something drastic xxx

I think the restrictions Orlistat puts on you may conflict with the HGB. Once you have completed the sessions you will have less of an appetite and feel fuller quicker so to then have to limit your smaller meals further would be a hassle that's not really necessary

Hadn't thought of that taz!! Thank you! I think I will carry on with orlistat until my Hypno appt! And defo see what she suggests!!

Hello everyone!!!! I've been to have my palm read and tarot cards done earlier today and as I was leaving we got to talking about hypnobands. He does them within two initial sessions with booster ones as and when. Is it worth it? I really trust him from having such a good experience with him myself and other peoples experiences . I've read through this and see it's very mixed results... :( not sure what to do! Any experiences, good or bad, would be most appreciated x

Back