gastric band hypnotherapy

OMG I'm sooo glad it's not just me! I don't do quite as much, I go to the gym 3 times a week and to the pool 3 times a week (Either swimming 60-100 lengths depending on time, or Aquafit) and I love it! I went to the gym before work yesterday as I didn't have to be in til 9am and I will do the same tomorrow as I don't have to be in til half 10. I did Aquafit last night and again on Thursday night and this evening I swam only 60 lengths as I got to the pool later than planned. Sometimes I get an extra gym session in on a weekend but generally I have the weekend to rest.

I find that I have so much more energy and I am totally motivated all the time to do it. I don't need a gym buddy or anyone to tell me to go, I just do it because I enjoy it and I feel great after every session. I can see this being a long term change in me and I love it :D

Well 8lb off for me this week!

Hitting my 8 stone goal, making a total loss of 8 stone 1lb!... and I did it 3 weigh ins to spare!

100% happy.. but think I may have overdone the exercise a bit, as I feel like a herd of buffalo have trampled across my chest!

Hope everyone else has great losses too!.. x

Oh I know that feeling! I got really bad cramp in my calf yesterday in the deep end of the pool! I thought I was going to drown, it was soooo painful and I couldn't move my leg at all. It eased after a few minutes and I carried on but it still hurts now. Still went to Aquafit last night and just gym today then a couple of days rest :D

AMAZING loss, you put us all to shame! You must feel incredible for that. I feel better with every lb lost so I can only imagine how an 8lb loss feels. And 8 stone! WOW!!! You have done amazingly well

I lost 1lb this week. Still a loss and 3 weeks and 3lb to go for my first mini goal :D

Hi, I have been reading the threads for a while now and have just booked my 1st session for monday morning. I know it doesnt work for everyone but I think I have tried just about everything else and seeing as I was saving for a gastric balloon (approx £5,000), I figured this would be worth a try 1st. All my previous attempts at weight loss have been successful for a while and then I just lose focus so I am guessing that I cud really use the CBT.

Sorry been away for a bit had major wobble and only jist starting to pull myself back together. I have decided to see a hypnotherapist rather than using paul mckenna as I yhink I need something more tailered to me. How do u choose one? Also how do u decide on your mini goals?

Best of luck wifey! I'm sure you'll do marvellously

hi again Pippa, sorry to hear of your wobbles.. As you know I've not seen an actual hypnotist, but I would assume that go on people's recommendations rather than anything else.. But I am sure the other ladies here can inform you on the whys and wherefores of choosing your hypnotist.. Wishing you bundles of luck xxx

Hi Wifey, good luck with your journey. I think the CBT is a great idea if you have tried other stuff. It was the best thing I ever did :D

Pippa, what area are you in? I would recommend CBT to alter the relationship you have with food but as MissMiff said, you are much better going with personal recommendations

Hi Wifey, good luck with your journey. I think the CBT is a great idea if you have tried other stuff. It was the best thing I ever did :D

Pippa, what area are you in? I would recommend CBT to alter the relationship you have with food but as MissMiff said, you are much better going with personal recommendations
Thanks Taz and Miff, I will keep you posted as to how I get along on monday. I am really looking forward to it and think that eventually I have realised that its not just a diet I need but the tools to be able to change my life. At 41 and only 5ft 1in, I am almost as wide as I am tall. I currently wear size 20 and have told my partner that I will not even consider marriage at this size (not that he has asked me). Going for my 1st holiday abroad next year and want to be in photos instead of the 1 taking them. All of your stories have been inspirational and I hope I can inspire others once I get going:)

Pippa I chose the hypno band as I have tried just about every other diet you can think of. Over the last few months I have been discussing the surgical options with my partner and have begun to save for the gastric balloon, however I came across this forum and have been intrigued by the journey people are making. When I read the stories, it actually clicked in my brain that there has got to be a reason for my eating the way I do and the weight issues. I suffer from depression and one of the biggest triggers for me seems to be my weight, the more I weigh, the worse I feel. I join a diet club, lose 10 or 12 lb then gradually slip back into old habits and quit. Its time to turn it around and succeed. I am sick of failing with my weight. I know there is a slim girl hiding inside me, I just need to release her x

I think you are making the right decision by doing this first. The surgery is so invasive and isn't without it's problems. This way is a far safer alternative. And if you can detect and rectify the source of your issues then you will notice a whole new you emerging!

I too wanted the a real operation, the band or bypass... But I simply can't believe this is working, and 21 weeks on and over 8 stone down, I m still sceptic, but loving it all the same xxxx

I'm amazed that you are still skeptical! You have had an amazing loss and I am in total awe of your progress. I am plodding but I couldn't be happier as I know that I wouldn't be losing any more than I am now if I was following a plan where I would have to weigh and measure and limit myself. I don't have 'Off plan' days as there is no plan. I don't have days where I shovel in as much chocolate or cakes as I can because I have no desire to do that. It's an amazing thing and I love it. I can eat what I like, when I like, and there is no guilt or stress

I know it sounds weird.. But I obviously believe the the weight loss, but skeptic that its the hypnotherapy that's doing it, and not just me..lolol

im in such a mind set now that I think that maybe I could of done it without the use of Mr McKenna..

but I know exactly how you feel about having a cheat day... You just can't and don't feel the need.. As you say, you can eat what you like when you like, and the guilt isn't there... That's why I refuse to call it a diet.

That's very like me too. I have dieted to varying success for years. I suffer from eating disorders which makes life more challenging so I thought this may be a safer option for me as I am too scared to become focused on a diet in case I become overly controlling so I sabotage after a few weeks this isn't a diet this is just enjoying food.

You're right, it definitely isn't a diet!

Pippa, you don't need to focus on anything other than your body and listening to it's needs. Have you had/are you having help for your eating disorders?

Morning everyone, Had my 1st session yesterday, it lasted an hour and a half. We talked about my relationship with food going back to my childhood and also my feelings. Couldnt believe how emotional I felt talking about it all. For the last half hour she talked me through a relaxation technique which I was skeptical about. During this process I did have a strange feeling in my arms, like they were part of the chair but we will see if it happens next time. Following the session, my therapist says we will see how I do over next couple of sessions of CBT as she doesn't think I will need full hypnoband. Hmmmmmm, dont really know what to think yet, will keep you all posted x

Glad the first session went well. To be honest, once you have had the CBT you would have just as good success with the Paul McKenna HGB. It's something to think about after the initial sessions

Back