gastric band hypnotherapy

I have just ordered Paul McKennas HGB, will give it a go once I have had my CBT, its all worth trying in order to release my 'slim self'

Yes I have just started seeing a therapist about it. Not been ready to before now I don't think, needed to feel more in control of everything else before loosing that crutch. She says she can also help with the weight as part of the by product she wants to help me find a balance between control and lack or it but says to carry on with the Paul McKenna if its helping in general, which it is. She does time line therapy and NLP mainly but also is a master practitioner for c b t so hopefully she knows what she is doing. I am a bit cautious about it but willing to give it a go. I have used food as a coping strategy for 25years about time for a change lol

Wares wifey nothing lost in doing the two together. U gotta read the book through first and learn the techniques before using the hypnotism anyhow

Hi there
Have just sent away for a hypnoband cd.
I am 10st 5 and 5ft 4. I suffer from depression but am med stable. When my weight goes up I feel **** and when I lose weight I feel great and my mood lifts.
I am THEE yo yo dieter hve been on and off diets since I was 15.
Any good diets and advice would be gratefully accepted.:)

ATM I am off diets and dealing with why I over or under eat. One thing I have learnt is loosing weight is not the key to happiness. You feel good loosing weight coz your achieving what you set out to do. Or like me that you managed to control something. Think about what makes you eat too much and why. Over that, eat small regular meals eat 3/4 of your calories before 3pm make 60% of your daily intake healthy veg and fruit and drink a glass of water before every meal

Hi Flower, I have to agree with Pippa about consuming calories early and getting a healthy balance. If you have issues with food then it's a good idea to get these sorted out but the HGB is a great way to go if you just eat because you love food! Is it the Paul McKenna system you have ordered?

Hi Flower, I know where you are coming from with the depression. I also suffer from depression and unfortunately I am an emotional eater. I have found a direct link between my weight and my mood and although medication does help initially with my mood, one of the side effects of my medication is increased appetite. As the weight goes on, the worse I feel, the higher the dose of tablets I take, the more weight I put on. Its a vicious circle. I am currently around 6 stone over weight and after having help to deal with my other issues (husbands affair, splitting from husband, his death, single parent), I realised that maybe I needed help with my food issues. I initially thought diets would work but I always get side tracked and the weight comes back on and more, so after finding this site I eventually have hope. I have began my CBT and after 1 session I have noticed some slight changes in my eating habits. I dont expect miracles but I am hopeful. I have also bought Paul McKennas HGB book (waiting for it to arrive) and am excited about trying it. What do I have to lose? As my therapist says 'dont aim to lose weight - but reduce your weight'. When we lose something we usually try to find it. Psychological? maybe but thats the way I am trying to think. Good luck to everyone with your weight reduction and I will keep you all posted x

Wow WareyWifey, you really have had a lot going on! Good luck to all the new HGBers, stick around here for advice, support, and to share your journey.

Another 2lb off this week, now 2 weeks to lose the remaining lb for my first mini goal but I am really hoping for another 2lb off by then to make it a nice round 20lb. That would be the best birthday present ever :D

Well done on losing 20lbs.imagain having to carry 20lb of shopping around all the time? :D:thumbup::thumbup: which diet plan are you following. Fingers crossed for you losing your 2lb for your birthday babs :D

Thanks Flower, I am not following any diet plan just doing the Paul McKenna way! I read the book, listened to the CD, and when I feel like I could eat more then I listen to the CD again! I literally eat what I want, when I want. But my choices are different as I much prefer nutritious food to junk and I really taste what I am eating. And I only eat when I am hungry. Of course there are times when I have something sweet just because I fancy something sweet but usually that would result in just half a bar of chocolate and it may be a few days later that I even think about the other half! I absolutely love it! :D

Thanks Pippa, you will be soon enough x

​Yes, as long as you eat mindfully you will only be able to eat what you need to be satisfied. And if you eat without thinking and overeat you won't feel too clever after!

Well girls, my Paul McKenna cd arrived yesterday. Book read immediately and have listened to cd twice. Early days yet but I have not managed to finish a meal today. I even ate less than half of what our 7 year old ate and I am full. On night shift tonight so that will be a test. We usually have chocolates and boxes of biscuits at nurses station so that will be a test. I just have to remember 4 golden rules. Have prepared a salad to take with me (dont know why as dont usually like them) so fingers crossed I have a good shift. Will listen to cd again in morning when I go to bed. Watch this space lol x

Back