Geeez...Take care Icemoose and others on the east coast

The wind is already getting strong here......................high tide is due at 23:17......fingers crossed!

I`m not on the coast but the wind and rain storms here were horrendous. On the local news the report was, "not as bad as expected" Thankfully.
Hope everyone on the coast was alright.

I live in Gt Yarmouth and it was bizarre we had horrendous flooding last year due to drain failure but this was nowhere near as bad there was a couple of inches of water along the quayside and i belive houses quayside were affected but these are houses that flood even if it rains too hard !

They shut down the whole of the town and for lots of people it was a nightmare we couldnt open our business because all our suppliers shut down and a wholes days business lost for nothing really.

I think they should rethink there flood plans . In the summer they test the flood sirens a few times, always v v early on a weekend but when there was a risk of flooding they refused to sound the siren they thought it better to send out hundreds of policemen to bang on doors at 3 am in the morning and evacuate everyone :eek: hmmmmm which would scare you the most !
Anyway rant over :eek:.
Thanks for the well wishes Julie xxx

P.s I know there were some people badly affected by the tides this time and my heart goes out to them :gen126:. I think they too suffered with the sirens not being sounded it seems ridiculous to keep the bluddy things if they refuse to use them dont ya think ?:confused:

Back