GemlaD's Diary

I liked the porridge! It was a bit runny when I first cooked it so I cooked it for longer so it went a bit thicker. I may put less water in next time I do it. It was a lot creamier than I expected and nicer once I added some cinnamon.

Day 11

Had a shake, porridge and a bar today. Not had any hunger or desire to eat anything which is good. I have weighed this morning and have lost 3lbs so far this week which I am happy with.
I need to get motivated today and get all my chores done, feeling a bit low on energy this morning

Have a good day everybody xxx

I'm glad you like the porridge! Did you find it very sweet? I don't think I'll be doing any chores today I got zero sleep last night and feel like a zombie! lol

Day 12
Had choc shake, pasta and a bar in the evening. No desire to eat which is good. Have downloaded Dr Becks Diet Solution to my kindle as saw that everyone is talking about it and it seems good do far. I am very worried about losing weight and then piling it all back on again so hope it can help me to not do that.
Am going out with friends for dinner tonight so looking forward to that - steak and salad here I come! Back on TS tomorrow without fail.
Hope you're all having a good weekend xxx

Ah that's good that you have no desire to eat any food, it's probably because you're looking forward to dinner tonight! I would love some salad lol. I've been thinking of downloading that book as well, but I don't know if I'd read it lol. Hope you have fun at your dinner tonight! x

I hope you had a good evening

How was your night? Did you enjoy your steak?

Oh man I want some steak :( x

Id love some steak too!! Lol was it amazing?

Have you had much of a read through the book yet? What kinda stuff does it say?

Just read your diary today. It must be difficult cooking for your son at the same time as following exante but wyou have a wonderfully positive attitude. My mum - who is now 85 - is exactly the same and always has been. She comments on my weight all the time, asking how much I weigh and what size I am and delighting to tell me she only weighs 9 stone. She lives in Morpeth in Northumberland and I'm down in North East Derbyshire so we don't see each other that often. I haven't told her that I have lost weight so am very interested to hear what comments she makes when I next visit!

When are you planning your next visit..can you imagine her face!

Yeah you should try and put off seeing her as long as possible and be like neh neh!!!! Lol

Just read your diary today. It must be difficult cooking for your son at the same time as following exante but wyou have a wonderfully positive attitude. My mum - who is now 85 - is exactly the same and always has been. She comments on my weight all the time, asking how much I weigh and what size I am and delighting to tell me she only weighs 9 stone. She lives in Morpeth in Northumberland and I'm down in North East Derbyshire so we don't see each other that often. I haven't told her that I have lost weight so am very interested to hear what comments she makes when I next visit!

Hi Lynne,

I know its a bit weird but I am actually enjoying being around food now that I'm in ketosis! strange I know
You go for it! imagine the look on your mum's face when you next see her and more importantly how much better you will feel
Good luck on your journey xxx

Yeah you should try and put off seeing her as long as possible and be like neh neh!!!! Lol

Haha, totally! That thought keeps me going, I'm not going to see my Mum/old friends back home for another 4-5 months so hopefully there should be a major difference.

Hello everyone,

I didn't get around to posting yesterday as my phone app has crashed so have a few days to catch up on:

Day 12
Had two packs in the day and went out for my meal with friends in the evening. I had a caesar salad starter and then a steak with green salad and mushrooms for the main course. It seems weird to say it but I really could have taken or left it as I don't have an appetite and didn't enjoy it as much as I expected. The only thing I had which was a bit naughty was that I did eat 2 onion rings but I don't feel like I damaged my ketosis which I'm pleased about.
Day 13
Back on TS 100% and drunk loads of water today, no desire to eat again so I hope I didnt do too much damage last night

Anyway its weigh in day and I have lost 4lbs this week. Very happy with that - 1st 1lb down in two weeks!
Am going away for a few days at the end of May so am aiming to be in the 12s by then

Have a good day everyone xxx

Id love some steak too!! Lol was it amazing?

Have you had much of a read through the book yet? What kinda stuff does it say?

The idea of the book is to learn how to use cognitive behavioural therapy to learn to think like a thin person and how to cope with self sabotaging thoughts. It also talks about not being too hard on yourself and you have to write out stuff on cards to help you. I'm enjoying it, its definitely worth a look!
Hope you've had a good weekend xxx

I'm not very far into the book but so far it's brilliant, it really makes you think differently about stuff.

I'm gonna have a wee look for it now!
Thanks girlies =)

Woohoo! Congrats on the weight loss Gemla! :)

Thank you!! Have just realised that I am drinking less than I thought so am going to try and up the fluid and unload more this week x good luck for weigh in tomorrow!!

Try drinking from a pint glass? Or keep a chart to see how much you drink a day? lol. And thank you! I'm excited to see what the scales say! How weird does that sound?? lol x

Back