GemlaD's Diary

Congrats on the 4lbs gone! That's brilliant! X

Day 14

Had shake bar and then porridge. I think I will try cooking the porridge on the hob as its not thick enough for me even after about 6 mins in the microwave. All good other than that, trying to drink more fluid
Have a good day everyone xxx

Day 15

I feel that my diary seems to be getting a bit boring now that I am properly into ketosis and just cruising along nicely! Had 2 shakes and a bar and a cup of bouillon. I did my next order yesterday and decided to just get shakes and bars as I have decided that the porridge and pasta are ok but I much prefer the shakes and bars. I still have lots of soups if I really fancy a change (yuck)
I have decided to do another 4 weeks of Exante and then probably start a food diet like sw or ww to lose the rest as I feel like I need to prove to myself that I can control my food intake or I will always be yo yo dieting. The thought of losing a few stone then putting it back on scares me to death tbh.
Have a good day everybody, I'm off to blitz the housework
Gemma xxx

Did you try cooking the porridge on the hob? How did it turn out?

It is a nightmare the though of coming off the diet and gaining! This is my third time on TFR now the first time I maintained for a good 8 months but the 2nd time looking back on it now I was using it as a quick fix and didnt take the maintaining seriously enough cus I was too focused on going out and getting drunk! But this time I have a reason I have to maintain and hopefully that will change the way I am with food for good!

Did you let your porridge sit for a little bit? I cook mine for 3 mins and then I let it stand for about 5 mins and it thickens up as it cools. I'm definitely getting the shakes & bars as well! NO to the soups lol. If you're going to be doing SW I've got loooooads of recipes lol. I have a few of the cook books and bookmarked quite a few! x

I haven't cooked any more porridge yet, I think I will try it on the hob next time though. I noticed it did thicken up while I was eating it, I think I'm too impatient to wait! Lol
Felt a bit sick this morning but better now I've had my toffee cardboard bar for lunch. Didn't really drink enough this morning so that may be why xx

It's funny, I'm really starting to hate the orange bars. Those little pieces of orange zest in them are gross. Wish I could just get the toffee ones on next months box! Ugh! X

I've got a really sweet tooth so I think that's why I like the orange ones. Having said that the toffee one I had yesterday tasted better than usual x

Day 16

Had a funny day yesterday. Felt very cold, a bit sick and had a constant rumble in my tummy all day. Felt better once I had my bar at lunchtime and then in the evening had 2 hard boiled eggs as well as my shake which took away the sicky feeling and I felt fine after that. Feel fine today so far so hope I don't get that again.
Hope you all have a good day xxx

Hopefully today goes good and it was maybe just an odd day!

Laura send me the slimming world recipes!! I loved slimming world and really enjoyed it but was never taking full advantage of my syns and then got bored of eating the same stuff all the time!! Lol

I really dread having the toffee cardboard bars now! I really love the chocolate orange bars though lol.

Hopefully you have a better today without that sicky feeling!

Chelcie, just let me know what kind of recipes and I can jot them down for you! I never used my syns either lol

I've got lots of SW recipes and magazines too but I'm not sure how much the plans have changed since I last did it x

Send me any recipes that can be quick to make and/or don't take too many ingredients as we priced our official honeymoon (well I did) and its gonna mean a lot more saving lol!! And with us both working quick is better lol

Haha ok. I think the diet has pretty much stayed the same. I know loads of veggie recipes! lol

Day 17

Wow can't believe its day 17 already! Got my second delivery yesterday so have enough stuff to do another 5 weeks although don't know if I will be able to do TS for all that time as am struggling in the evenings at the moment. Ended up having a piece of cheese and making some scrambled eggs last night so feel a bit disappointed with myself although I am choosing things that hopefully won't take me out of ketosis.
Am going to try to get to weigh in on Monday without eating anything else this week!
Have a good day everyone xxxx

I didn't realize we started the diet at around the same time! I'm on day 18 I think? Cause I started on the 30th. I can't believe it's been that long either! I need to order a new delivery as well! Which one did you order? At least you're conscientiously picking foods that won't take you out of ketosis! You can do it! It's only 3 days till Monday! Hope you have a great day! x

Thanks Laura! I think I am on day 18 today too! I ordered the shakes and bars bumper pack this time . I still have a few pastas and porridges left and the soups if I ever fancy one ( not likely) so I should be ok for a while
Have a good day xxx

Haha. Twinsies on starting day then! lol. I'm gonna order the shakes & bars too, but I want some of the porridges lol. I'm thinking about ordering a box of 50 of them, but I feel greedy doing that for some reason lol. I got rid of my soups! I had one of each and then just gave up on them haha x

Can someone stop me eating cheese please?
Help!!!

Put the cheese in the freezer! Then it will be too hard/cold to eat!

Back