GemlaD's Diary

Good luck with your weigh in

Good luck Gemma x

Have weighed this morning and am +5lbs eeek! Am hoping that is mainly fluid and can get that off again this week so not going to be down about it. Interestingly when I started eating food again at the weekend I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would and hated that 'full' feeling. Looking forward to getting back in ketosis as I feel so much better
Have a good day all xxx

The "full" feeling I totally agree with. Did not like it at all. It made me uncomfortable and I didn't sleep well. Back on TS since yesterday and last night I slept so much better already. I'm sure your gain will come off quickly though. You've had a good routine of Exante already and very good losses. So you'll snap back into action now, I'm sure :)

Hi Gemma. If you stick to 100% you'll soon lose it judging from my own experience following a trip to London and reading other people's diaries. Just put it behind you and make a fresh start. The hard bit is going through those first 3 days again! I've been at it for 5 days so far and still no in ketosis due to minor blips. Despite this, I've still lost weight. Hoping to be in ketosis today.

Hiya Gem!

Hope you had a great time away and dont worry too much about the 5lbs itll be gone in no time =)

Had no problem getting back on it, weeing for England! Am having odd bits of food like hard boiled eggs but nothing that will stop me getting back in ketosis. Hope everyone is having a good day xx

Weigh in day! 8lb off and in the 12s yaaaay! Haven't been in the 12s for a long long time so am very pleased and glad the holiday gain came off so easily. Have been eating protein and salad during the week when i feel like I need it but just make sure I don't eat anything that will kick me out of ketosis. Hope to get my BMI under 30 by next weigh in. I feel sooooo much better in myself having got nearly 2 stone off. Missed out on going to a beer festival this weekend but I don't care now, the sacrifice is so worth it :):)

Thanks Bee I'm so pleased, feeling a real sense of achievement. Also tried on a dress that went nowhere near me at Christmas but now fits and if anything is a bit big hurrah!

Hi Gemma. How are you doing? Hope you're still doing well. Fantastic weight loss so far!

Fantastic! Well done :D x

Struggling a bit this week and have had a few meals have been really hungry. Not gone mental though although did probably take myself out of ketosis with what I ate last night. The rest of the week I have been eating stuff like when you start to do the stabilising plan so not sure whether to move to food and do calorie counting. Bit scared but think I could handle it. Haven't really decided yet! X

You need to do whatever is best for you. Some people do very well managing with eaxnte plus a meal whereas I know that I don't yet have the willpower to stick to what I should be eating if I did that. For me, at least for the timebeing, I need to stay on TS (or at least try to) until I go on holiday. After that I may start adding a meal after I've lost whatever I put on while on holiday. For most of the time I'm happy just to be losing, even if it's only 1lb a week!

Sorry to hear your struggling ~ but Lynne is right you need to do whatever is best for you, must admit I've been in two minds about whether to throw the towel in and do calorie counting instead but then when you think of the big losses on this diet it makes me wanna keep going!! Good luck with whatever you decide!:)

Sorry to hear your struggling ~ but Lynne is right you need to do whatever is best for you, must admit I've been in two minds about whether to throw the towel in and do calorie counting instead but then when you think of the big losses on this diet it makes me wanna keep going!! Good luck with whatever you decide!:)

A lot of it depends on your willpower. I lose weigh much more slowly on calorie counting because I always slip in the odd glass of wine or packet of crisps etc and don't stick to my calorie allowance.

Thanks guys! Yeah I know the weight loss will be slower if I go back to food now but am also finding TS hard and keep eating anyway. Still not decided ....

I just take one day at a time... New day, new start!

Lost 1lb this week which I am really pleased with as have had meals every day in preparation for switching to calorie counting and went totally off plan on Friday night (chips, waffles, ice cream etc)
I am going to be eating 1200 cals per day, probably including one exante product and will be using that Dr Beck book to help me. My major problems have always been portion control, willpower and sweet cravings and am determined to get this sorted or I will always have a weight problem. I will probably start posting in the cc section of the forum but will keep checking in here every so often to see how you are all doing
Good luck everyone xxxxxx

Good luck Gemma. I think calorie counting takes more willpower than vlc diets because there is much more temptation to overindulge!

Back