General WeMITT Thread - Week commencing 15th Jan 2007

LOL yeah she did sonkie. thieving moo!

EXAM

oops...thought i was in the word association thread :rolleyes: :p

Mornin' all :)

Boy it's windy here today!! (I knew I should've stayed off the sprouts last night!) .... seriously, it's blowing a hooley outside here on the south coast.

Just hope my antiquated 'conservatory' (and I use the description loosely ..) can hold out.

Just thought I'd post a link to a pic of the Fort where I'm going to be working - I posted this on my diary thread but this is for those who don't follow that. It's a seriously awesome place with ramparts and loads of creepy places!
Fort Brockhurst : Properties : Days Out & Events : English Heritage

I've been given my induction date: Jan 31st. I'm excited about it but nervous at the same time. After all, the only jobs I've ever had were menial, straighforward stuff (cleaning, shop work etc) ... nothing like this where I'm expected to have some input and help construct an education programme designed for visiting school-kids.

Just hope I'm up to the challenge!

its so windy that my garden fence has blown down aghh. just called my dad cos he works as a tower crane operator and hes still sitting in it being blown around! he cant come down cos the people he works for have no regard for the health and safety laws. god im thinking about driving down there and slapping someone!

How scary Karen!!! :eek:

Can't think of a worse place to work on a day like this!

Debbie - you'll love your placement AND of course you are up to it!!!!!! Have fun.
How's the studying going ? Lots of reading ??????

Hi Ann Marie

Well, as it's an English and History degree, there SHOULD be lots of reading but I am the queen of procrastination and have a stack of unread stuff waiting for my attention with typical me, leaving it to the last minute!

Today, I have to get some serious reading in before my Literature lecture tomorrow and I'm supposed to have done some seminar task to do with post-modernism (I shall just keep my head down in the seminar!)

Ho hum .... such is the life of a student! lol

Hi wemitts,

Karen my garden fence is down also - pah! I hate this weather! Your poor dad, he should just come down and refuse to go back up!!!!

Deb you will do fine in your job, it's a challenge but you are definitely up to it! You will wow them xx

Well all my naughty Christmas gain has gone now so i am off on the second half of my weightloss journey.. 2007 will be THE year!!!!!

Have a great day girls (and boys?) xx

well done mrs t! back on track and all that. im finding it pretty easy going not eating which i NEVER thought would happen!!!

hope u lose loads this week! xxxx

Christmas is truly behind you now Mrs T - that's fantastic!!

I'm still wearing a stone of it around my middle!! :eek: Thanks a bunch Santa!!

<big pi**ed off sigh!!>

Poor Santa!

Santa was very good to me as well in that in that regard!!!

I got a stone and half/21lbs.:eek:

Love Mini xxx

:eek: Ditto Mini - that's exactly how much I put on 21lbs - but until now I have been too ashamed to admit it :( because most people seem to have put on such a lot less (over a longer period of time) I mean I was only off my diet for 11 days and honestly didnt think I'd eaten that much (apart from the mince pies of which there were many lol) but now that it's all gone again I am putting my hand up to it and getting on with the diet once and for all!

Good luck guys hope you all have fab losses this week xx

Hi Mrs Tweedy,

Good job getting it all back off again so quickly!!!

Had 10lbs. off on weigh on Saturday and I am looking at least a couple more this week.

This is definately the last one!!!:D

Love Mini xxx

Well, that makes three of us ... I gained 20lb in less than a month. Shocking how fast it can go back on isn't it.

Well done to both of you for reversing it so well ... I'm still struggling :(

Well done Mini 10lbs is fab!

Deb don't worry you will get it off soon enough, it is scary though how easy it creeps back on :eek: xx

Back