General WeMITT Thread - Week commencing 15th Jan 2007

Mine didn't 'creep' on ... more like a Tsunami!

Hi Mrs. Tweedy,

I will have to agree with Debbie...it did not creep:eek:

Hi Debbie,

Good description:D

I think mine was too:rolleyes: :D Tsunami!

Love Mini xxx

Tee hee true, very true (mine was not so much a creep as a mad dash in 11 days as to which lb could stick to my hips quickest, and which could linger longest)!! It took 11 days to go on and 18 days to come off :eek: where's the justice in that ?! :eek:

Anyhow here's to 2007, this will be the year of the wemitts!!

That also puzzles me:rolleyes: :confused:

I can eat it on much quicker than I can take it off!

Answers on a post please:)

Anyhow here's to 2007, this will be the year of the wemitts!!

For deffo!!!

Just an apology folks, I'm having real problems with the minimins web site. Mini & pirce are trying to sort it out. The only way I can get to this thread is if there is a "last post" on it. So if I don't post, it's not that I don't want to, it's because I can't see it! I will post on DHH until it gets sorted out.
Ann x

Hi Ann, hope you manage to sort out your probs in getting into the wemitts,

Hi guys hope everyone is having a great day. I'm feeling a bit peckish today, not sure why just psychological hunger probably, I'm just watching Ainsley on the telly and he's making pizza (dammit, I'm gonna have to switch the lovely Ainsley off before I start drooling) :eek:

Have a great day guys xx

I have managed to get a shortcut on my desktop to this thread, so can post on it - but when there's a new one next week, will have problems again. My WeMitt front page is frozen to what it was a few days ago - and no matter what I do, remain stubbornly so.
Good news today, I have managed to get into some combat trousers that were just TOO tight when I came back from Spain. (The ones I am wearing on the photo for those who saw it) This has made me feel good, and more determined than ever to shoft this stone. Debbie I lovev your comment - my weight gain was more like a tsunami - it certainly didn't "creep" on! It's somehow reassuring to know that others can pile it on as quickly as me.
I burned 300 cals on the treadmill yesterday as I just couldn't bring myself to get to the gym in that awful weather. (our fence blew down as well)
It's lovely and sunny today though, and I think that's got something to do with me feeling so much like my "old self"
I'm not quite there yet, I hope I can find a way to get to the WeMitt weekend, I'm sure that would sort me out.
Well odd to burn another 300 cals, hopefully a bit faster today. Love to all WeMitts, old and new.
Ann x

thats so good ann. well done! u must be relieved!

it look like a few of us will be out trying to repair fences this weekend!

Hi Ann, good to know you are making some computor progress! Hope all wemitts are looking forward to ahappy and healthy weekend! I am looking forward to going out into my garden and not nearly blowing away!

Anyone got any exciting plans or is it the usual housework, washing and catching up with the ironing! Hang on, am I getting too much fun in my life? LOL

Love Barb xx

don't know whats happened over the last couple of days but i'm feeling REALLY low at the moment, just can't be bothered with anything & all i want to do is stuff my face & go to bed & sleep.
i KNOW i've done well with my weight loss
i KNOW i'm over 1/2 way there
i KNOW i should be proud of myself
but NONE of that is helping me at the moment
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

OK Sweetie - stop feeling guilty cos you feel miserable - we all feel like that sometimes, whether it is weight loss related or not.
Is there anything else going on? Has someone upset you, are you PMTish, are you just pissed off with the never ending conversation in your head about your flaming weight? (oh, no sorry, thats me!).
OK, so you know all the good stuff and that isn't helping.
Maybe you just want to break out for a bit? Is there something you would like to do that would really cheer you up? Or something you could plan that you could look forward to?
Are you well? If you are feeling really exhausted maybe you are coming down with something. Could you snuggle down in bed early with a good book and just chill?
I have to agree with you, you have done brilliantly, you should be feeling proud of yourself - but you know sometimes we can't always do what we should.

Hope you feel a million times better very soon.

Lots of love Barb xxx

Aaaw hun, you know what we all have days like that,
I can only reiterate what Barb has said, and also what you already know you are already a BIG succes you have done amazingly well and are already half way through your journey.

I wonder if this horrible miserable weather is affecting your mood also, you know you can buy these special light boxes which simulate sunlight for people suffering with SAD (seasonal affective disorder) The Seasonal Affective Disorder Association
bizarre but true and totally ligitimate form of depression, which seems to affect a lot of people at one time or another.

At the end of the day you will just have to be kind to yourself, a nice pampering relaxing weekend, and tuck up in bed with a good book (or a good man):eek: and hopefully you'll be back to your old sparkly self very soon.

In the meantime here is a great big hug for you from me (((SQUEEZE))) xx

Pandora - I've felt out of sorts since I got back from Spain on 11th, "can't be bothered", and unable to appreciate things. I put it down to having to come back to England and putting a stone on, but I think Mrs T's on to something - I think it's the DARK as much as anything.
Can you possibly get to the South Coast meet on 27th Jan???? I can't really afford it, but I know it would cheer me up, so might get the plastic out.
Just been and bought a load of fruit and veg, as I seem to be doing more and more frequently - it's not cheap this healthy eating is it??
The Liverpool meet is definitely on then Mrs. T. What about September??? and have you any suggestions as to where we could go?
Stay strong WeMitts, as my dad always used to say "it won't always be dark at 6"
Ann xxx

hey girls thanks for your comments, i'm hoping i snap out of it soon !
Ann, i'm def going to the Portsmouth meet, all booked n paid for. i have bben looking forward to it, just hope i cheer up b4 then, don't want to spoil everyone's weekend do i?
xx:(

Debbie,
Know what you mean about English Lit and all the reading. I did it for a year at uni (YEARS AGO) and remember reading everywhere ... in bath, on bus, on loo. Didn't read a novel for years after that ! Other bits of student life are better fun lol. You'll be a mature student though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie,
Forgot to ask - read somewhere that you had a recipie for porridge made with psyllium husks. Decided to get these (for obvios reasons!). Any chance you could share the recipie cos porridge on these cold mornings sounds ideal!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

Bumping for Ann again, I will probably just leave this thread running until you get your machine running again as I don't want to cause you probs with a new thread & a new week.

I have SAD & it's horrible this time of year. Apparently ever since i was little i've always been sleepy & given up clubs, activities etc. around oct/nov time. They didn't realise for years that it was the weather that was affecting me.

Still working towards re-losing my 18lbs. It's dropped to a stone now but seems quite ferocious about holding on & I've been eating rubbish because I've been stressed lately with work... Will try & cool it on the junk food & put my head back into gear...

P.S. We also lost a fence panel.
Love to all
Anja xxx

Hi everyone
I've just got back from the shops where I bought Steve's birthday pressie - it's his B-day tomorrow (yes, I know - Lastminute.com again!!). I ended up getting him yet more screwdrivers. Hardly exciting but he swears a man can never have too many decent screwdrivers.

It really hit home today how close he came to being squashed flat on his way home yesterday - that made me realise how fragile life really is and how I ought to appreciate it more. Consequently, I've made a lot more effort on the diet front today - I want out of the doldrums!

Ann Marie - One porrige recipe coming up!!

>Take 300ml of VERY hot water (but not boiling).
>Add a CD pack (toffee & walnut and vanilla both work really well)
>Mix it up with a blender as per usual.
>Pour into a bowl and then sprinkle about 2 dessertspoons of PH on top.
>Stir briskly with either a fork or a balloon whisk.
>At first, it'll go lumpy (and you'll think 'Oh crap!!') but keep stirring / whisking until it starts to go smooth and thicken.
>I like to sprinkle a little cinnamon on top of mine to give it a really 'wintery' taste!

And that's all there is to it!

Don't expect 'Scott Porrige Oats' - the consistancy will be more like semolina but very acceptable when you've got nothing else!

Hope you like it! :)

Hi guys, hope everyone is ok? I am not stopping long just wanted to check in and wish you all a fantastic weekend with fab losses (see you all soon) xx

Back