General WeMITT Thread - Week commencing 1st January 2007

Happy New Year to one and all. This is going to be an incredible year!

Just got back from Ailsa's... been a funny day.. weigh in, good result, another 2.9 off so fast approaching the 5 stone mark! On the way there though we (I dropped Sarah off in town) we saw a funeral procession and I found myself crying!! How pathetic is that!! There's something about January and the post-Christmas period I think... am freezing cold but pretty happy and looking forward to meeting up with folks at Newcastle :D

Well... end of day 3 & still on the wagon but only because I put my pyjamas on to stop me going & getting Chinese takeaway. Another early night beckons...

How are all the other restarting & dieting WeMITTs getting on?

Love Anja xxx

Today was OK Anch up until about 5pm when I suddenly became insanely hungry!

It'e been pretty grim ever since. Please hurry up ketosis!!!! :(

ello all!

im back on the wagon too and doing good so far. a bit headachey on day one but other than that its all ok.

just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year so....

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!

XXXXX

Hi guys, I am also finding the first few days difficult I am hungry headachey tired miserable tetchy..... need I go on? LOL Hopefully ketosis will happen soon and I can get on with the diet.

I am craving the oddest foods too, I wont mentiopn them incase I spark hunger cravings off in the rest of you, but I will just say it's possibly the first time I have actively craved healthy foods LOL

To be honest I can't actually say that I really enjoyed any of the foods I consumed over the hols, (still didn't stop me from shovelling bucket loads of contraband down my throat at every opportunity though) so I am desperately telling myself that if I do eat I wont enjoy it and will only feel terrible afterwards, its a battle of wills atm, but If I can just get week one out of the way again I know it will all be fine!

Anyhow here's to 2007 being the year of the wemitt, and keep strong all you restarting guys, we have done this before and we will do it again!!!!

xx

i feel exactly the same as you mrs t!

I just ate whatever i felt i should have/would usually have wanted. it was the stuff i usually love at xmas BUT....

when i was chomping it all down, it didnt really taste of anything...it was like i was wearing a condom on my tastebuds!

I didnt enjoy drinking either which is frankly shocking!!!! the whole reason i wanted a few days off over xmas is cos i wanted a drink but i only ended up having a few glasses over the entire xmas and new year. what a let down. I regained all my weight PLUS 1lb. my body just felt obliged to add that extra 1lb of shame lol. ah well.

we have new year out the way so we can chuck out our excuses and get down to business.

good luck all xxxxxxxxxxxxx

when i was chomping it all down, it didnt really taste of anything...it was like i was wearing a condom on my tastebuds!

LOL Karen, thats sooo true! I nearly choked when I read that one lol but I totally know what you mean!

Here's to the next few days getting easier for all of us xx

Hiya Everyone

Happy New Year!

Despite eating very badly over Xmas and new year I gained nowt - phew! And since restarting the GI Diet I have already lost a pound and a half - only three and half pounds away now from having lost two stone - I am so happy!

But giving up sugar again is very tough I want and need sweet stuff so badly. And I feel hungry all the time... :mad: Looking forward to hunger and sugar cravings to go away...:)

Goodluck to everyone restarting their diets and getting everything under control again! I am sure that many of us will be reaching our targets some time in 2007!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Luv and Hugs, CC xxx xx xxx

Hi CC
Welcome back and well done for having done so well over Christmas (a dangerous time for every dieter!). Wish I could say I'd done so well but I'm afraid I gained a shed-load so I'm trying hard to sort it out now.

Here's to a healthy 2007 :)

Oh dear!

I reached the end of day 4 feeling very tetchy, hungry & grim and have just eaten dinner. As of this morning I was 7lbs down & hopefully I can try & moderate any gain slightly by doing 2 shakes, 1 meal instead...

Good luck to everyone!

Love xxx

Just to let anyone wondering know, Pierce deleted e-mails & I accidentally reinstalled them while trying to tidy up so have now re-deleted again. Sorry folks! Being a useless Mod today!

Hi wemitts

sounds like most of you are being really good. Oh Dear, would now be the wrong time to mention stilton, half a bottle of port and bendicks mints? Yeah thought so - whoops sorry, promise to improve!

lots of love

Hi wemitts

sounds like most of you are being really good. Oh Dear, would now be the wrong time to mention stilton, half a bottle of port and bendicks mints? Yeah thought so - whoops sorry, promise to improve!

lots of love

That's not bad Barb .... I didn't have 'half' of ANYTHING over Christmas!!

Thanks Debbie - knew you'd understand! Can i blame the need for port on my cold? You know purely medicinal?

The mints to clear my head, oh and the stilton to up my calcium? Yeah, I knew it was a healthy snack really!

Love

I had creamy stilton with apricots (as part of my healthy 5-a-day fruit intake of course!!)

How very sensible Debbie - it is so easy to let that 5 a day slip. I made a point of drinking lots of red wine over Christmas to ensure I had plenty of 'grapes' in my daily intake. It wasn't always easy but I made the effort!

Love

I commend you for your sheer dedication to a cause Barb! :D

(If only I could apply myself so diligntly to my diet then I'd be as thin as a pin in no time!!)

Back