General WeMitt thread, week commencing 5 February 2007

i totally agree with u both, em and RD. for me it is far more about prolonging my life and enjoying my kids fully. i feel like i have been half a mum whilst taking up double the space. i dont do half the things i want to do with them cos i simply get too tired or i feel too self aware wobbling about. same goes for time spent with hubby, of course but im not going into details... :eek:

I second that Karen, I have missed out on so much fun with my family, like swimming ( I love swimming), going on fair rides, even keeping up with them when we are out instead of them having to keep waiting for me to catch them up.

aww fair rides....yeah i love taking the kids to creally and woodlands but never even attempted to queue for a ride as i would simply DIE if i had to shuffle off due to being a fatso lol. i love swimming as well...even though u r much faster than me :eek: . was fine when we could go to seaton at quiet times but since thats closed i dont have the courage to go to other local pools cos they r so busy.

makes me feel sad to think how much i have missed out on but its also motivating too. i WILL beat this bulge....grrr!

Well folks, Friday morning is weigh in for me, I have decided. I cannot get to CDC very often now (she is going to Australia soon anyway) so have to work on the self discipline. Well, I was 11st 4lbs, which means I jave lost 2.8 lbs this week, and I am well pleased.
I am now 7 lbs off my lowest weight of 10st 11lbs.which was before I went to Spain before Christmas. I haven't SS'd, or even tried to, I'm going to see if I can lose this last half stone gradually, with a full store of glycogen! Maybe it won't pile on so quickly then - we'll see. I did go a bit bonkers over Christmas, and I'm not sure it was worth it you know. I could still have enjoyed myself without the amounts of eating and drinking I did - just because I could!!! The off thing is, I can "feel" this half stone - this from a woman who lost 3 stone and couldn't really feel it.
Anyway, I'm please with the loss. Another week until we go to Prague for my birthday - now what food/drink decisions will have to be made there???
Ann x

well done ann. 7lb to go is fab!! i cant imagine getting that close to goal yet :eek: would help if i didnt keep changing it i guess lol.

my end goal was 8st 7lb...then wanted to be under 8 and a half so changed it to 8 st 5lb so that i would have lost exactly 10 stones by the end but then decided i wanted to lose a couple more than that as i would then have a couple of lbs to play with and still have lost 10stones.

now ive settled on going for 8 stones exactly. im only 5 foot (maybe 1/2 inch less but i think the weight is making me shorter..im probably 5'7 really) so that seems realistic. i did think that maybe i ought to try to go for a couple of lbs under 8 but who am i kidding? never gonna be kylie minogue lol.

quite disheartening to look at bmi charts and ideal weight thingies cos according to those i would be "normal" at 7 stones :eek: im sorry, maybe ive been fat for far too long but i reckon thats for kids!! my son is of normal size and he is 6 stones at aged 9.

right now i'd just be chuffed with fitting in the bath properly LOL

does anyone else dispair at these bmi charts? or do u think they r right? surely these charts dont allow for things like umm...bones or vital organs?

We started originally as a group of larger ladies with more to lose than most who know the issues of losing a lot of weight, but have widened the scope as the first batch of WeMITTs reached goal to anyone who wants special support including our WeMITT maintainers and strugglers (i.e. me!)

It stands for We Mean It This Time and was started by Ann (Westhills) on the site we used to use the DH site.

So if you mean it this time then you are one of us
Irene xx

Back