Gen's new Diary - I'm outta here now so happy xmas to you all!!!

hi guys... its day 3 and as of this morning i am 13st 9lb... that is a loss of 9lb since monday morning... i must have been eating some amount of **** last week... oh yeah i was :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

anyway feeling grand, a bit hungry now and then but my resolve is rock hard at the moment... have a date on saturday night so want to be looking my best ;) ;)

so thats really all for the moment...

love

Gen xx

Hey Gen, just found ur diary....9lbs since monday??? not fair....I'm sooo jealous...thats wat I NEEEEEEEEEEED to lose by Christmas!! Seems like your restart is going fab....well done!!

Hopefully I'll be seeing you in Dublin and you can tell me all about this fab bloke of yours....and point me in the direction of his nicer brother!!!

Dont eat...I had some yummy malteser tray bake the other day.....and the effects were NOT good!

Hi Gen,

Well done on the nine pounds-does indeed sound like you're in the zone! On this miracle diet, then under 12 stone or near as damnit is possible by Christmas I would think.

The dream sounds fantastic- what a step forward to have been able to ignore those destructive people- and for the shift in you to be reflected in so many other ways
(including the losing of WW). As you know from my diary (and your support is much, much appreciated), I've also recently got to the point of being able to say (and mean it for the first time), "I want to be treated right and nothing else will do".

Sensible amount of wariness in place-but at last I am being treated right and it's bliss!! I wish you loveliness, joy and more growing (well, shrinking too!) in the dating process. What an exciting place to be at.

Kxx

I'm taking it minute by minute today!!

hey guys... day 4... still 9lb gone... had a little bit of food last night, lebanese, it was gorgeous ;) ;)

i am really taking today minute by minute... i had kinda talked myself into having a wrap with chicken and salad at lunchtime but i'm talking myself out of it again.... just downing the water!!!! its bloody hard today!!!

i tell ya if i didn't have this date on saturday night i'm not sure my resolve would be so good!!! i'm tired too... suppose that doesn't help...

bit of a moan really :D :D :D

love

Gen xx

Hi Gen
Just imagion how unbloated and fab u'll feel for your date on Saturday when you have stuck to SS!!Forget the food you had last night and that wrap you want may put 2lbs on of your hard worked for 9lbs off??????????
I know what your going through my chatterbox is screaming at me TOMORROW TOMORROW YOU CAN START TOMORROW!!!!! WHATTTTTTTTTT I SAY ITS 1.15PM WHATS THE POINT!IM STICKING AT IT TODAY!

We can do this I'll be checking up on you!!!;) Ive a hair appointment tomorrow so I wont get on till the evening BUT Im so hoping youve resolved to stick at it as Im counting on you to show me it can be done :p

Chin up hun your doing fab ;)
((((LOADS OG HUGS))))
XXC

Day 5... another 2 lb gone!!!

sorry guys for not getting back to you individually but thank you so so much for posting on my thread i reall appreciate it!!

Well its day 5 and another 2 lb off this morning.. thats 11 lb since monday... i'm delighted...

had a date last night with a very nice guy but didn't fancy him... i'd say he would have really irriatated me after a while ha ha

so have another one on saturday night... he is soooo sweet and lovely and says all the nice things so fingers crossed there will be a spark.... i will be sooooooooooo disappointed if there isn't!!!

its weird cos i was a bit nervous about saturday just kinda doubting myself and trying to think of things to say... WTF?? so after last night my confidence in me has increased hugely!!!

anyways i'm quite busy in work today so i'll finish up there... i'm painting tonight again... gonna try finish my sitting room!!!

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Where have i been to miss all this?!?!?!?!?!?

I take it you've joined the ranks of internet daters honey?? Can't believe i've only just found out ;o(

Good luck for tomorrow.....

You are in hot demand girl - hot demand!

Chuffed your doing well - poking me big nose in yer thread.

Ivy

Hi Gen,

Hope your enjoying your hot date right now, I've not posted on your diary b4 cuz I know your Celtic Chicks (my sis) friend and its a bit strange cuz we only met in passing, but sure I've never met any of the others gals on here, so i've decided to get over my stupidity. Your doing really well, we're about the same weight now, but you've lost so much already congratulations

talk soon

Hey guys thanks for dropping by.... well i met the blind date on saturday night... after texting and phoning for over a week i was relly really looking forward to meeting him, had really high hopes for us... BUT... there just wasn't a spark for me... he was a really nice guy, very funny, very affectionate... suppose everything i would ask for in a guy... but there just wasn't a spark... there really does have to be a spark of some description... i did kiss him (well he kissed me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: ) during the date... and it was nice but never did i feel anything just a drunken snog!!! had a lovely night but no spark... he did stay in my house :eek: :eek: :eek: and i dropped him home yesterday, early :D :D , i said i had stuff to do, oh the lies, and he said to phone him later on... but i didn't... i do feel a bit bad and was going to text him to explain... but i think my body language explained it enough on sunday and when he went to kiss me getting out of the car i just gave him a very quick peck... so i do think he got the hint... he was a nice person so i really don't want to come across a *****... but there is no point in seeing him again!! so thats that one out the window!!!!

i bought a lovely pair of trousers in Penneys (Primark) yesterday for €13 and i'm gonna make them into 3/4 lenghts (well not me personally, cos i can't...) and wear them with my knee high boots i bought yesterday too... not sure when i'm gonna wear them but they are lovely and i'm chuffed!!!!!

i'm sooooooooooo tired today you wouldn't believe, can't wait for my bed tonight!!!

diet out the window kinda at the weekend but will ss from tomorrow for a week or so...

anyways off to do some work... maybe.... so not interested today!!!

love

Gen xxx

Hey honey

Sorry it didn't work out but that is all part of dating!!!! There's always another one round the corner as you know from reading my diary!!!!!!

I'm knackered today too, roll on 5.30........

Luv,

Hi Gen,

It is good to see you out and about and you know we all had to kiss a good few frogs before we found our one and only.

Each one you kiss and find out that he is not the one does bring you a little closer to the One that is there for you:)

Just like the diet you have to keep trying and not give up!!!

Nice to see you cheered up with a bit of retail therapy.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Gen,... been reading your diary... love it!

As for the dating thing... man, how many frogs are there!?!?!?!?! lol

Glad you had a nice time though and am sure you won't have come across as a ***** :D

Boots and trousers sound great! you'll be a knock out for sure when you go out in them! If I come over to see my friends in Cabinteely & Foxrock I'll give you a shout and we can have a pint of water! lol You've done so well - looking forward to reading more about your weight loss and dating! xx

please please please give me ur suggestions/advice??

Hi guys... I'm finishing up work today and won't be back till the 2nd of January yipeeeeeeeeeeee can't wait for the break to be honest!!!

Anyway on my dating... gonna keep it short cos i'm dying to get out of here.... was in touch with a guy from thursday last week, very nice, funny, kept me on my toes, pic was lovely etc etc... something niggling me tho ..... he didn't keep in touch as much as i would have liked or maybe when i would have liked... cos in fairness he did text and ring a lot during the few days.... anyway... met him on tuesday night... he is a bouncer/nurse so works a lot of nights which in itself kinda put me off cos he didn't seem to have a lot of time, well evenings off, so that would annoy me... anyway met him... very nice, went for a drink, then dinner, before we sat down for dinner he kissed me... i nearly died... so knew he liked me anyway he paid me some compliments... we went back to the pub... on the way to the pub he kissed me again... then just before we left kissed me again.. this was a snog.. kinda nice... anyway went back to my house for a cuppa and a snog and sent him on his way... he is 6ft 1 i'm 4ft 11... it was quite funny the height difference...

so he went and sent me two lovely texts about 10 mins later saying he couldn't believe how well we got on, i was lovely, great kisser, funny etc etc... so we text over and back for about an hour then i fell asleep... so yesterday morning i text him... at about 11am very casual... and still hadn't heard anything by about half 2/3... so i rang him... he answered all grand... now we have already had a couple of conversations about replying to a text within a couple of hours and he knows i'm quite adamant about that.... so he had been up since about 12:30.. obviously had his phone near him and just didn't bother to text me back :confused: :confused: :confused: so we were generally texting after that, he told me i was hard work... in a jokey way... i text him saying i was worth it.................. anyway spoke to him a couple of times after that... i tend to get a bid needy (i know i know) when i'm not sure how someone feels about me but the last thing i text was hope he felt better soon (he had a cold) and chat to him later... that was at about 4ish and hadn't heard anyting by last night... i text at about 10 last night (i think he was working so he should have got it) just saying sorry about earlier i was stressed and hope we can still have that second date and sure chat to ya soon... (bit needy i know but i hate leaving loose ends) and haven't heard from him.....

on one hand i don't think it would go anywhere but have been on a few dates and he was the best... i was kinda gonna see where it went... i don't think he has the time for me... i think my head would be wrecked a lot of the time because he doesn't seem to bother keeping in touch... now i'm sure thats just him but do i want that???

i feel today that i have blown it and am quite pissed off with myself at how needy i got when there was not much contact...........

please please please give me ur suggestions??????????

love

Gen xxx

blimey Gen... ok... even though I don't feel all that qualified to give advice here's my take on it..

Do NOT text him or call him! Let HIM do the chasing now. I once had a date with a guy who behaved as you have and I realised that it is so very unattractive and off-putting , even though it is precisely how I have been with every date I've had in the last 2 years!! (until Eric)

So.. having experienced it from the other side so to speak, I would say, back off.. if you really must text him limit yourself to once a day, keep it light and chatty, don't hassle him for another date, if he wants to see you he will let you know. Play hard to get and you will find out just how keen he really is. If , after a few days, there is no mention of a second date then just forget him. He might fancy you but not want to be in a relationship with you. Men can kiss without giving a toss about you hon. They can have sex with a woman and not give a flying fig about her emotionally - seriously - it means nothing, it's just physical attraction for them. Now, before I get accused of man-bashing, I am generalising here.. BUT.. if a guy kisses you on your first date it doesn't necessarily mean they want to be in a relationship with you, that's all I'm saying... (been there,done that, got the t-shirt etc etc..) of course that works t'other way too... ladies can be the same!

As you know, I am NO expert on the man front (look at how things went with Eric! lol) but I do know that if you harass (coz that's what it is) a bloke with loads of texts and demanding phone calls, well, he'll head for the hills and who could blame him!

I believe that we only stop being needy with blokes when we realise our true self worth.

So,.. remember with a grin your date, leave him alone, and see what happens!

Fingers crossed he will be panting at the door! lol xx

blimey Gen... ok... even though I don't feel all that qualified to give advice here's my take on it..

Do NOT text him or call him! Let HIM do the chasing now. I once had a date with a guy who behaved as you have and I realised that it is so very unattractive and off-putting , even though it is precisely how I have been with every date I've had in the last 2 years!! (until Eric)

So.. having experienced it from the other side so to speak, I would say, back off.. if you really must text him limit yourself to once a day, keep it light and chatty, don't hassle him for another date, if he wants to see you he will let you know. Play hard to get and you will find out just how keen he really is. If , after a few days, there is no mention of a second date then just forget him. He might fancy you but not want to be in a relationship with you. Men can kiss without giving a toss about you hon. They can have sex with a woman and not give a flying fig about her emotionally - seriously - it means nothing, it's just physical attraction for them. Now, before I get accused of man-bashing, I am generalising here.. BUT.. if a guy kisses you on your first date it doesn't necessarily mean they want to be in a relationship with you, that's all I'm saying... (been there,done that, got the t-shirt etc etc..) of course that works t'other way too... ladies can be the same!

As you know, I am NO expert on the man front (look at how things went with Eric! lol) but I do know that if you harass (coz that's what it is) a bloke with loads of texts and demanding phone calls, well, he'll head for the hills and who could blame him!

I believe that we only stop being needy with blokes when we realise our true self worth.

So,.. remember with a grin your date, leave him alone, and see what happens!

Fingers crossed he will be panting at the door! lol xx

you are so right honey and i was thinking that if the shoe was on the other foot and it was him all needy i'd be gone!!!! i have a feeling i won't hear from him again but i'm not overly bothered although i will be pissed off but i think i have learned from this cos its the closest i've been to dating and liking someone in a long time so its a learning curve i imagine!!!

thanks for your reply hun... as always you speak sense!!!

love

Gen xx

Back