Gen's new Diary - I'm outta here now so happy xmas to you all!!!

Day 7 (ish)........

Hey guys.... well i'm on day 5 and going fine... period arrived this morning so bit tired but other than that fine and dandy!!! still 13st 5lb on the scales but thats fine not complaining at all.... 8lb in 4 days!!!! hopefully by monday i'll be down another one of maybe even two.....

anways ketosis has well and truly kicked in and i'm loving it... went home last night and finished painting my room and i'm off after work to buy paint for sitting room and bathroom and doing that alllllllllllll weekend and am soooooooo looking forward to it!!!

hope you all have a fab weekend

love

Gen xx

Last edited:
Hi Hun,

So glad to hear u're doing fab.
We no longer weight the same as I've had a 'slight' gain, too ashamed to post the actual gain but will do when I've lost it LOL! Twisted thinking methinks lol!
Anyway, thanks for ur support, u're fab!!

Big hugs, chelle xx

don't worry bout it you will be back down in no time!! I know what ya mean tho... took me 3 months to 're-adjust' my ticker thing :rolleyes: :eek: :p ah well its done now and we are on the straight and narrow!!!

thanks for your support too hun!!

love

Gen xx

Hi Gen,

Your in the Zone with all that energy...Congrats' on 8lb. down in four days...:D :D :D

With all the work over the weekend you should burn up a pound or two of lard.:)

Have a good weekend and it is great to see you back on track.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Gen,

Your in the Zone with all that energy...Congrats' on 8lb. down in four days...:D :D :D

With all the work over the weekend you should burn up a pound or two of lard.:)

Have a good weekend and it is great to see you back on track.

Love Mini xxx

Cheers hun... its great being back on track... and i'm delighted you are too!!

i'm soooo looking forward to the weekend of loads of painting... never thought i would hear myself saying that!!!

love

Gen xx

Hi Gen

Your so lucky to get that High in Ketosis. I dont really get that high and I was really looking forward to it because everyone was saying how good it is. Oh I wish I was the ketosis high kind of person. :(

But I really happy for you that you are in that high cause it should make things easier!!

Ps. Sorry for whinging

Woweee - i've only just caught up and my god day five is amazing!!!! Hope you're being good over the weekend!!!!

That's the best you've done in a long time honey, think you got it sussed now babes!

Gen- soooooo happy to hear you doing so well babe!!
Can you PLEASE send some of that happy dust my way... I so need it!!!
Keep up the good work!
Anna

Hey guys... i'd love to say its day 8... but it ain't.. ah well... i decided saturday that i would have a healthy dinner and some wine... i cooked a lovely prawn stir fry and had some pasta toooooooooo and i think drank dublin dry on the wine front..... ended up going over to WW (weekend wanker)'s house, he treated me like something he had trod in.... i should have come home... but i didn't.... i left yesterday morning where he was just as cold. i really think there is something very wrong with him... we have gone from really close to sworn enemies and back again so many times... its weird... anyway i don't want to ever see him again.... had a really long day yesterday dying of a hangover but feeling very very sorry for myself and i think knowing that i wasn't going to see him again, which is a good thing for defo. i wish he would just change his bloody phone number or else that i could get a bit of self-control where is is concerned... anyway saturday night was a bloody disaster.

anyway ate feck all yesterday and i'm back ss'ing today with no hassle at all so maybe i finally have some control over me!! i only put on a pound too so all in all not bad.

i'm going to letterkenny this weekend, a friend of mine its her 30th birthday and letterkenny is just fab... i'm heading there on friday for 2 nights... staying in a lovely hotel and am going to have a ball... not bringing my phone with me just in case i'm tempted to ring that not very nice person... and the highlight of my weekend has to be that i'm meeting mini on saturday and i can't bloody wait!!!!

now i have to work on breaking my addiction to WW.... any advice other than just cold turkey????

rant over... just needed to get that off my chest....

love

Gen xx

Hi Gen,

I found your diary!

Oh dear that's a tough question! It's all very well knowing the facts when you are feeling rational, but in a moment of weakness, it is so easy to go back to old habits (Are we talking about WW or food here? I think the lines are blurry).

One thing I might suggest is to write down (maybe on this diary) all of the reasons that you should never see him again (as if you are avoiding food when SS'ing) and all the reasons he is bad for you and makes you feel bad about yourself. Try stepping outside of the situation and think what advice you would give your best friend if she was you, but write it down so that when you are feeling weak, you can re-read and make a stance? Maybe consider why you deserve better than that and why you do not need to tolerate his mean-ness. Also consider his positives, just so that you cannot say that you were being one-sided when you wrote your list. You could also write a list of how you would like to be treated and see where he falls down.

Often, relationships become habitual and it's hard to leave even if they are destructive, but you owe it to yourself to respect yourself more - and if that means not seeing WW again, maybe thats what you have to do?

Alternatively, you could do something so bad to him that it makes it impossible for you to contact him again?

I hope you find your way forward xx

Hmm as you may know I have my own version of WW to contend with so don't have any great words of wisdom to give. But I would say that if you wont go cold turkey with him all together then it's just going to have to be something you grow out of. The less you see him the less you will feel for him and ou might suddenly wake up one morning and think what the hell was I doing there? (I hope so anyway) I find it a help to keep a diary (yes another one thats not on minimins! this girl can write for hours lol) then can go back and look at it and see all the good and all the bad of whats gone on. Once the bad starts outweighing the good then you kind of start thinking the what am I doing part.

Well done for enjoying your food on saturday then getting straight back into it :)

Hey hun... sorry for not updating... I tend to go through phases and when there is nothing going on don't update :eek: :eek:

yes WW is a meanie man (love that definition... can think of other words for him but we'll leave it at that... cos i'm a laydee don't ya know hee hee)

anyway i'm not ss'ing since saturday but i'm kinda keeping a lid on eating... i did lose 8lb whilst ss'ing and have as of this morning put 3lb back on which isn't too bad...

i'm back ss'ing from monday next... i've got meself a CDC in Dublin at last yay i'm sooooo happy about that... its Ivy off this site and she is lovely!!! can't wait to meet ya hun (just in case you are reading this)!!

so here's hoping to have a stone off by xmas... pretty much maintain that over xmas and then back to basics come January!!!

so thats me for the moment... well i'm going to letterkenny for the weekend, a girlie weekend and i'm living for it!!!

love

Gen xxx

I know what you mean, sometimes there seems like there is nothing to write, but I still manage to spew something, to keep me motivated. I think it's worse when you are SS'ing you feel like you need to do something instead of eat and so I tend to talk about it. I'm so glad that I found this site an started my diary though because it's an amazing support and my BF no longer needs to hear the ins and outs of everything, because i let it out somewhere else - wonder if he's missing me!! LOL

I'm glad that you are in control of it and 3lbs isn't bad at all. You must be about the same weight as me at the moment, because I was 198 this morning. My target is slightly higher than yours though - I thought I'd see what I looked like when I got there. Have you ever been as low as your target? I can't remember my lowest adult weight, think it was 11 1/2 stone and I felt great there. I can't imagine passing it! If I could be lower than that for the wedding, I'd be well happy.

The girly nights out are the best - I bet that you cannot wait! I've asked you about your outfit on the other thread, but if you haven't read it, what are you wearing?

Do you know what I find mad, is that we are sitting chatting and we are in a different countries. I love this t'internet (as Peter Kay would say!).

I know what you mean, sometimes there seems like there is nothing to write, but I still manage to spew something, to keep me motivated. I think it's worse when you are SS'ing you feel like you need to do something instead of eat and so I tend to talk about it. I'm so glad that I found this site an started my diary though because it's an amazing support and my BF no longer needs to hear the ins and outs of everything, because i let it out somewhere else - wonder if he's missing me!! LOL

I'm glad that you are in control of it and 3lbs isn't bad at all. You must be about the same weight as me at the moment, because I was 198 this morning. My target is slightly higher than yours though - I thought I'd see what I looked like when I got there. Have you ever been as low as your target? I can't remember my lowest adult weight, think it was 11 1/2 stone and I felt great there. I can't imagine passing it! If I could be lower than that for the wedding, I'd be well happy.

The girly nights out are the best - I bet that you cannot wait! I've asked you about your outfit on the other thread, but if you haven't read it, what are you wearing?

Do you know what I find mad, is that we are sitting chatting and we are in a different countries. I love this t'internet (as Peter Kay would say!).

Yeah love the internet... its funny but i have made some really cool friends off this site that i constantly keep in touch with and its brill!!!

i can't ever remember being slim as an adult... my highest weight was 16st 7lb (maybe even higher...was in denial for about 4 years :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: )... but lowest weight was in august at 12st 4... will get back there for xmas and then down to 9 stone something, whenever i feel right i'm finishing not a particular weight, if ya know what i mean??? i'm only 4ft 11 so any weight makes me look big.... ah well not to worry... i'm very happy at the weight i am at the moment cos i can wear lovely clothes, which was always the thing for me, so when i lose more i'll be over the moon!!!

what about you??? what height are ya?? what weight do you want to be etc etc??? you are doing brill by the way hun you should be really proud of yourself!!

love

Gen xx

Yes the clothes... great being able to shop in more shops, it was such a restriction!

Thanks hun, you are doing fantastic as well!

I'm 5' 4 1/2" and am aiming for about 10 stone. I'm not really bothered about the scales really either, more how I feel. I started dieting again to get healthy in order to have a baby and then we set a date and got side-tracked a bit, but it's a good excuse to get to see it through to the end (to be honest that was in the back of my mind when we set the date - I knew I'd do it if there was added pressure). I should've been on track to be at target by now, but I messed about in the middle for about 3 months. Thank fully I've still got enough time to get somewhere near goal at least.

Right, I really really must leave the house - but I know if you've responded to my other one yet, I won't be able to resist a reply!!

Take Care hun

Back